Sponsored

E85 Feels like Stalling when coming to a stop to quickly

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Anyone using E85 tune feel like the car wants to stall (rpm drop) when coming to a stop to quickly, sometimes, not all the time?? Also does not happen when using stock calibration.

Please post if you experience this and what company's tune you are using.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Have you talked to your tuner about the problem? They can probably fix it.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I thought the same thing on stock calibration/tune until I drove it 150-200 miles. It started doing same thing stock or tuned. Sent logs and not tuned related. Been at dealer almost 2 weeks... Hopefully yours is just tune adjustment.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Mine tried to stall the other day on start up when I came to a quick stop before shutting down. I dismissed it as the system didnt have enough time to correct for the current engine load before I shut off the engine causing it to flood a little bit. Cleared up quick and hasn't repeated

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Mine has been doing the same thing recently. It actually stalled for the first time on me when waiting to turn into the service centre driveway lol. Dropped it off at the dealer yesterday, and the service manager rang me to say they "relearned the idle strategy". He wasn't the tech that did it though, so didn't seem to have any more info on that front.

Now I kept getting a "wrong stock file" error when trying to load the stock tune, so I dropped it off with the PBD 93 tune still loaded.

I'm not sure whether that means they have touched the tune or if it's more of a "crank relearn" type deal where they can plug in their computer and start the relearn process that way. I will find out this afternoon when I pick the car up (also had coolant leaks that are being fixed under warranty).

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Mine has been doing the same thing recently. It actually stalled for the first time on me when waiting to turn into the service centre driveway lol. Dropped it off at the dealer yesterday, and the service manager rang me to say they "relearned the idle strategy". He wasn't the tech that did it though, so didn't seem to have any more info on that front.

Now I kept getting a "wrong stock file" error when trying to load the stock tune, so I dropped it off with the PBD 93 tune still loaded.

I'm not sure whether that means they have touched the tune or if it's more of a "crank relearn" type deal where they can plug in their computer and start the relearn process that way. I will find out this afternoon when I pick the car up (also had coolant leaks that are being fixed under warranty).
You dropped it off with tune loaded...?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yup, didn't really have much choice. Not like loading the stock tune would make much difference, all they gotta do is take half a look at the DTCs and it's stupidly obvious

Sponsored
OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Seems to happen on E85 tune... Hadn't noticed it on flex. tuner company has been pretty silent on the subject, like its the elephant on the couch.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
My car ran great on E tune for over 4k miles with zero idle issues. Started having issues in January. Just had 2 new intake cam phasers replaced. We will see...?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
My car ran great on E tune for over 4k miles with zero idle issues. Started having issues in January. Just had 2 new intake cam phasers replaced. We will see...?
Man, that sounds like what I need. Did they fix that under warranty?

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Seems to happen on E85 tune... Hadn't noticed it on flex. tuner company has been pretty silent on the subject, like its the elephant on the couch.

Have you logged it to see what's happening? Mine started stalling a couple weeks after my LT install, Probably some fresh air being pulled in thru the mid-pipe slip fit connection.

My data log shows bank 1 goes lean, and as bank 1 corrects, bank 2 goes rich and both then banks start oscillating wildly rich/lean til it stalls. Revving it to 1000 or so keeps it from happening.