Power limit of stock 2018 short block

Drsmith33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I know when the gen 3’s first came out, all you heard about them was all the problems. Haven’t heard anything new in awhile. I have a stage 2 gen 5 Whipple 3.875 pulley tuned on 93 and ms109 by Jon jr over at Lund. Car runs great! Just ordered bigger injectors, lethal return fuel system and a 3.625 pulley. I know it’ll easily make 800+whp. Do you think I’ll be safe at that level with stock short block? I know a couple people out there are fine at that level but I still want your input.
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I know when the gen 3’s first came out, all you heard about them was all the problems. Haven’t heard anything new in awhile. I have a stage 2 gen 5 Whipple 3.875 pulley tuned on 93 and ms109 by Jon jr over at Lund. Car runs great! Just ordered bigger injectors, lethal return fuel system and a 3.625 pulley. I know it’ll easily make 800+whp. Do you think I’ll be safe at that level with stock short block? I know a couple people out there are fine at that level but I still want your input.
I think most people would say yes out of habit. But no, if longevity weighs heavy on your mind, and you're one of the smart people who already have done the billet OPG's and crank sprocket then you still have other weak spots at that power level. Forged pistons and rods, with total seal rings would be a smart way to go. As far as the stock block is concerned, looks like 1k hp is about where its limits are.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I wouldn't go over 800. Just from reading the forced induction section. For the last few years. 800 seams to be where things start to break.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
It'ss at least tree fiddy.
Sponsored