Sponsored

Mustangs In NASCAR???

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I believe he was fully responsible. He was too proud (it was reported he thought the straps would interfere with his head movement) to wear a HANS device, which probably would have saved his life.
I'll go as far as 2/3's responsible with you. Either way we are on the same thought line.
Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Well I just come across a nascar race tonight on tv. The Coca-Cola 600..was shocked to see mustang bodies..reminded me of the 90's pontiac grandprix..but it was cool to see the attempt at it..
I too, with many friends and family ditched nascar many years ago..actually was a combo of Toyota cars and that jimmy Johnson winning always lol.

Last edited:

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
Just got my first diecast of the new body. Looks way better than the Fusions. So glad Stewart Haas switched. Their Darlington tributes they unveiled will look even better. Shame they cannot make the Orange Vanilla Coke that was raced a few weeks ago

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Why they implement the Euro package without the sequential turn signals?

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Earnhardt's death came well after cookie cutter cars started. Go back to 1988 when Pontiac enters their Grand Prix, the first FWD vehicle to enter NASCAR as a RWD. In 1998 Ford followed suit killing the T-bird and presenting the Ford Taurus (never a four door to begin with) another FWD that enters NASCAR as a "STOCK CAR". So between all of this and the whining and crying by big money racing teams about one brand being more aerodynamic than another we have the crap cars of today. Heck the issue over restricter plates goes back the early 70's when one of the GM builders showed up at Daytona with a 7.0L big block and stole the show. Big blocks soon after were required to run a restricter plate. Much of this has developed over time to what we have today. Earnhardt and Bonnet and Orr (just three to list) have had a greater impact on safety of the vehicles and the tracks than anything else. I have no issues with safety innovations. But to blame Earnhardt for the cars today is IMHO stretching it.

I am no Earnhardt fan. Never was. In fact I believe Earnhardt is 1/2 responsible for his own death in 2001. The other half lies on NASCAR for not black flagging his ass for blocking over and over and over and over and over for those last 3-5 laps. I don't blame Sterling Marlin. I would have put Earnhardt into the wall as well. After all that 's racing as some would say.
You're wrong about the BBC statement.
$26 Hemi and the Boss429 were the culprits that caused restrictor plates to first show up.
Nothing out of GM's had anything to do with it.

The in the late '80's, Ford's dominance with the Cleveland/Windsor caused the dreaded plate to stay.
This was in fact because GM had nothing to compete with.
The GM teams were running their respected cars so loose that they became a hazard to fans and fellow racers.

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Looked like forty cars punched out on the same die set and then assigned decals according to auto sponsor. Nothing stock about them. I just want to know where I can buy a Camry 2 door V8 with a manual trans. (SARCASM):crazy:
Hear, hear! None of those things are a Ford, or a Chevy, or a Toyota. A tubular frame with a 358 V-8 and a body kit.

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
Hear, hear! None of those things are a Ford, or a Chevy, or a Toyota. A tubular frame with a 358 V-8 and a body kit.
Same with any form or motorsport these days. Remember Force's Ford engine?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
How about the s550 bodies this Daytona 500 raceday..are they looking any better you guys?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
instead of being happy the Mustang name is in NASCAR.. some of you's just complain. Seriously, sell your stangs and go by a camry.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
instead of being happy the Mustang name is in NASCAR.. some of you's just complain. Seriously, sell your stangs and go by a camry.
Then some would complain that a Camry is not in NASCAR...

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Then some would complain that a Camry is not in NASCAR...
The Supra in xfinity looks 10x better than the Camry. Only a matter of time before they switch too.!
Sponsored