Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a

Sponsored

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I just received these in the mail today. They're the new red Brembo calipers that come on the Bullitt. Thanks to Benny at Levittown Ford helping me track down the part # and getting them to me super quick (they shipped yesterday and arrived today). Great looking mod for anyone looking to upgrade their base brakes to Brembos.
brembo.JPG
I have a 16 GT Prem. The 4 Piston are not the same as a base GT. Not sure if it is true, but someone on this forum said the Prem brakes are the S197 PP brembos, just not painted or branded. Is that true? (Could be total BS)
I think they work great. I know Brembo's are better, but I am happy with the 4 piston on the Prem. I also do not track the car though.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 16 GT Prem. The 4 Piston are not the same as a base GT. Not sure if it is true, but someone on this forum said the Prem brakes are the S197 PP brembos, just not painted or branded. Is that true? (Could be total BS)
I think they work great. I know Brembo's are better, but I am happy with the 4 piston on the Prem. I also do not track the car though.
I don’t know 100% but I’m pretty positive that they’re the same

only $537...hell of a deal.
For under $1000, you can have a full pp front brake set up. In addition, they look so much better than the base calipers. I’d be lying if I said I did the swap solely for the performance benefits. I don’t intend to track my car in the very near future but for that price, it’s hard to pass up

Last edited:
OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was finally able to get my calipers installed tonight along with my front GT350R sway bar. These brakes look so good and although some say they don't work well with the stock master cylinder on auto cars, I haven't had an issue, with street driving anyway. The sway bars are a really nice improvement as well for the price.

Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I was finally able to get my calipers installed tonight along with my front GT350R sway bar. These brakes look so good and although some say they don't work well with the stock master cylinder on auto cars, I haven't had an issue, with street driving anyway. The sway bars are a really nice improvement as well for the price.
Look forward to seeing some pics

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Anyone who says they don't work well have not driven one with them installed. It's internet fake news and perpetuated by the jealous.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a quick one I took the day after I installed them. The wheels need a good cleaning, they get covered in the dust from the protective coating they put on new rotors.
brembo.jpg

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I ended up buying all four calipers from the Bullitt a few weeks ago, finally had time to install them this weekend. Also installed a PowerStop pad and rotor kit and Steeda SS brake lines. I just ended up buying the rear Bullitt calipers and mounts also since I didn't want to mess with painting or taking them to get powder coated, just removed the old and installed the new. Just got back from a quick drive to seat the pads. Pedal seems a little mushy, need to bleed them again. I also ended up getting some SVE S350 wheels, got those all mounted up also.

Doug
IMG_0735.jpg
IMG_0736.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0746.jpg

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
I ended up buying all four calipers from the Bullitt a few weeks ago, finally had time to install them this weekend. Also installed a PowerStop pad and rotor kit and Steeda SS brake lines. I just ended up buying the rear Bullitt calipers and mounts also since I didn't want to mess with painting or taking them to get powder coated, just removed the old and installed the new. Just got back from a quick drive to seat the pads. Pedal seems a little mushy, need to bleed them again. I also ended up getting some SVE S350 wheels, got those all mounted up also.

Doug
IMG_0735.jpg
IMG_0736.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0746.jpg
Looking into rotors like those!!.
Sponsored