Sponsored

New member, '19 PP2 supercharged (w/ install pics)

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
I'm envious !!

Car is gonna be badass !!
Sponsored

Chris1229

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Performance Pack 1 Mustang GT 401A 10r80
Amazing setup, can’t wait to see the videos!

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Nice upgrades. Why did you change the tires out, not looking to track the car?
Thank you, IronG :)

Correct; and I needed traction during rainy season, this will be my DD. If I lived outside of the city or in a city with better roads, I would have done 20” rims with 30 profile MPS4S, 295 front and 305 or 325 rear.

Last edited:

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you find a Ford Performance blank decklid panel without the center indents?!

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Thank you, IronG :)

Correct; and I needed traction during rainy season, this will be my DD. If I lived outside of the city or in a city with better roads, I would have done 20” rims with 30 profile MPS4S, 295 front and 305 or 325 rear.
Ah sorry my bad, I just assumed with it being a PP2 along with the SC you would be racing it. What are you going to be doing with all that handling and power being that you live in a city with crummy roads? I find it difficult to use all the stock power and handling on the streets where I live (not in a city). I would like the SC for the track though with the right tuning :-)

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
Awesome......thinking of doing the Roush on mine unless VMP comes out with their own for the 3rd Gen Coyote. I have their Gen 2R on my 2014 GT....big difference from stock. Didn’t do the OPG but it’s a street car. If the motor takes a dump, I’ll do it all on a built short block.

Congrats on your PP2. My PP1 mast got delivered yesterday......loving it. These are amazing cars. I bit of a step up from the S197. Much better in dealing with road imperfections.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Last edited:
OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Awesome......thinking of doing the Roush on mine unless VMP comes out with their own for the 3rd Gen Coyote. I have their Gen 2R on my 2014 GT....big difference from stock. Didn’t do the OPG but it’s a street car. If the motor takes a dump, I’ll do it all on a built short block.

Congrats on your PP2. My PP1 mast got delivered yesterday......loving it. These are amazing cars. I bit of a step up from the S197. Much better in dealing with road imperfections.
Congrats to you as well —they are indeed; performance and technology bargain for the price. The benefit with Ford Performance Roush is the warranty, IMHO

Last edited:
OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Ah sorry my bad, I just assumed with it being a PP2 along with the SC you would be racing it. What are you going to be doing with all that handling and power being that you live in a city with crummy roads? I find it difficult to use all the stock power and handling on the streets where I live (not in a city). I would like the SC for the track though with the right tuning :-)
No worries at all —it would be a great track machine, heck, the stock PP2 does it... though measures for diff cooling would need to be called for. I knew of the diff cooling need prior to the purchase; it was of no direct concern to me given my purpose. Akins still suggested the usual affordable mods: diff oil upgrade, exhaust wrapping. If I recall correctly, they would retrofit the GT350’s cooling system at a few $K cost.

I do a fair share of out-of-state driving. For usual Atlanta city driving, a scooter will get one faster from point A to B :)

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats to you as well —the benefit with Roush is the Ford warranty, IMHO
My friend is the GM at a local dealership in Southern California and he said they stopped carrying the Roush Mustangs and installing the Roush blowers because Ford won't warranty them. The dealership that did the install are responsible for carrying the warranty.
Sponsored