Sponsored

Can I beat shelby gt350R stock

• Total voters

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I have got roush axle back and CAI already installed. Getting 2018 intake manifold 47LU injectors vmp tune 3.73 gear ratio new wheels and tires suspension and sway bars eibach.

Next: shocks, 8.8 differential LOK, and long future headers.
If I get headers and exhaust system I can reach a 3.9-4.1?

I understand impractically impossible without headers but if I had headers on will I still be able to reach 3.9-4.1? If it still be impossible then whatever lol. Forced Induction is a bit expensive where I live + taxes make it even more
Impossible. Mustangs in Dubai costs 2.5x mustangs in america. Which makes it equivalent to a shelby gt500 2020($77k) in america for a mustang GT in dubai and still be a bit more expensive in Dubai lol
Yikes, that is expensive. I see your dilemma. I don’t know if LTH will get you where you want to be, but will definitely make the car loud. Have a look at the NA 5.0 mods section...there’s a thread in there for dynos. Lots of them. Even though these should be considered with some skepticism you can see what power people achieved with what mods. Good luck!
Sponsored

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
Unless you are willing to go FI, it will be cheaper to just pay the bet. You are 250HP short.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I love your thinking, but I’m curious how is a gen 3 mustang (460hp) and my gen2 is 435 hp which is 25hp difference but gen3 can do a 3.9 sec stock. So I thought by just changing my stock manifold to 2018 manifold ported can achieve atleast 4.1-4.3 giving the fact my car is a convertible. I’m trying to find a way to go Full NA without exhaust mods since my city is similar to California with all the mods restriction.

That’s why I’m ready to do these simple bolts on mods like manifold upgrade, gear ratio upgrade from 3.55 to 3.73, suspension and sway bars, (shocks in future), 305’s 275’s tires, injectors LU47, (i was going to do throttle bodies but I heard they had issues with throttle bodies upgrade did a research on it and heard different reviews), (different LOK 8.8 in future).

I’m trying to challenge myself getting NA no exhaust system by being near shelby gt350R or same speed.
Car and Driver got the '18 GT A10 PP1 to do 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. The 10 speed automatic is awesome for acceleration because it keeps the more powerful and higher revving Gen 3 Coyote in its power band the whole time. Plus, the Gen 3 Coyote makes a good bit more power than a Gen 2 coyote in your 2015 GT. Ford did much, much more than just change the intake manifold. Ford added direct fuel injection (in addition to port fuel injection), also increased the compression ratio from 11 to 12:1. They increased displacement by several cubic inches with a ~1mm larger bore diameter, they increased the intake and exhaust valve diameters slightly, and put in a slightly hotter cam. It's more like a 35-40 hp gain over a Gen2, even though the rating is only 25 hp more. Most 18+ GTs make over 460 crank hp. More like 470-475 hp.

It seems to me like maybe you're new to performance cars. I've never known anyone to change the fuel injectors on a mostly stock car. Cold air kit and axle back doesn't add substantial power. Those combined with the 18 manifold and a tune are starting to go somewhere, power-wise. The axle back is only good for like 2 hp or less. They are mostly for sound. The reason the larger fuel injectors don't add anything at mostly stock power levels is because the stock injectors flow enough fuel for stock or near stock power levels.

As far as your goal for 0-60 in 3.9 seconds...the best improvement will be to practice and get better at launching and shifting (if a manual transmission). If automatic, just working on your launches will help.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
^ Agreed I can see changing injectors when you are getting to the limits of fueling say with running lots of boost but on an otherwise stock car no. It seems this guy is just throwing parts at the car and hoping for the best. I'm only learning about the Coyote coming from the LS side of things but based on my knowledge of those Long tubes are usually the first step followed by hi flow (or no) cats. I assume its a 6 speed auto he has and there is going to be a huge difference to the glorious A10 these beasts are sporting now. The car is always in the right gear and the shifts are blazing fast to boot.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mohamad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fivepointoh
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2015 convertible
^ Agreed I can see changing injectors when you are getting to the limits of fueling say with running lots of boost but on an otherwise stock car no. It seems this guy is just throwing parts at the car and hoping for the best. I'm only learning about the Coyote coming from the LS side of things but based on my knowledge of those Long tubes are usually the first step followed by hi flow (or no) cats. I assume its a 6 speed auto he has and there is going to be a huge difference to the glorious A10 these beasts are sporting now. The car is always in the right gear and the shifts are blazing fast to boot.
Lol im not throwing parts just like that and i dont have injectors yet, it will be installed with the intake manifold upgrade and the rest.. But keep in mind I’m also running Fuel race or what you guys call E85. With my injectors these will do just good with E85 as my stock ones will rust from the ethanol.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Lol im not throwing parts just like that and i dont have injectors yet, it will be installed with the intake manifold upgrade and the rest.. But keep in mind I’m also running Fuel race or what you guys call E85. With my injectors these will do just good with E85 as my stock ones will rust from the ethanol.
Whatever you like its your car but the injectors will only make a difference if you are running short on fuel. I saw no mention of E85 earlier..... I still don't think injectors are required for that but not sure though. Maybe they are on the 2017's but definitely not on the 2018's with the dual injection. Mind you the Coyote seems to respond very well to E85 when tuned for it. E85 & Headers & tune and I would think you are close to 350 power.
Sponsored

Last edited: