Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Grayden4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grayden
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang Cobra, 2009 Mustang GT/CS, 2011 F350, 2019 Mustang GT PPL2
Here are my irritants:
  1. Car doesn’t come up in the Mode I left it in, it always reverts to Normal.
  2. Can’t test the driver’s door after locking it with the key fob in my pocket; the car will unlock.
  3. I would like to be able to scroll through any parameter I select for display, instead of only scrolling through the Trips, TPMS, and Mileage display pages. I would like to cycle through the pages that are available in all Modes when I have selected Trip/Fuel display.
  4. I would like a locking fuel door.
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I've mentioned on other threads that putting people in the back of a Mustang was banned by the Geneva Convention. It's a shelf people!
Not at all! The other week I had my grandson in the back in his rear facing seat, his mom in the passenger seat and my son behind me. Admittedly, I didn't have to drive far with my son behind me (thankfully, I was eating the steering wheel). Some people say they have trouble putting the car seat in the back but I've found a simple solution, I just cycle the top.
20190417_191338.jpg

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
It also cost more per option when they are seperated. I don't care, I want a la carte.
Agreed. While I like the digital dash and upgraded interior, I really only wanted the heated wheel, and would have paid a premium to only get it. Of course, in a sense I did pay a premium, it cost me CDN$2000.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
The worst thing about mine is the build quality. Of all the brand new mustangs I've bought over the years, every single one has had a list of little niggles, always different from the last. I don't even care anymore. It's expected.

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The worst thing about mine is the build quality. Of all the brand new mustangs I've bought over the years, every single one has had a list of little niggles, always different from the last. I don't even care anymore. It's expected.
Have you ever visited a car assembly line? There's a reason they need unions to protect their jobs, a trained monkey might do it better.

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
MT-82. Only issue with it so far. If they had an option for the Tremec it'd be the first box id check on the build sheet.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
The two things about my BULITT that turn my crank, are all about FORD being cheapass….The deletion of the dual horns on 2019 Mustangs. Fixed, but at a cost probably 10x what FORD saved. Second is the fact that FORD decided that because my car is a manual and I can't have remote start, I shouldn't be able to check to see if my car is locked using the FORD Pass app, or lock or unlock it using the App. Lame, and not something that can be easily fixed, as the cost would be prohibitive....
Have only scanned the other 25,000 complaints, so don't know if this has been mentioned, but why the hell don't Mustangs have grab handles?! I let my son drive while he was on leave this weekend and I kept reaching for a hand hold when he turned hard right. Christ almighty, my GF's '11 Fusion has them on all 3 non-driver seats; Ford can't put just one in a 'Stang?

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Do you have the Steeda clutch spring? It's only about $20 and simple to install. And just as easy to go back to stock if you don't like it. Clutch feel is much better since I swapped that in.
Sort-of..it's in my glove box..LOL

I bought it then proceeded to break the plastic mount while installing it. My needlenose vice grips slipped off. There was no replacement clip back then and even now it's ridiculously priced, so I've just been driving it without a spring for three years. It's a lot better than it was, but it still annoys me. I would be surprised if it's much better with the steeda spring. I know how to drive it smoothly but it just shouldn't have to be as much focus as it is. I've never driven a manual car that was so unforgiving.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Ok, after checking out 13 pages of whinings, it appears I may be the only one who is irritated by the turn signal detent design. On more than one occasion, I've thought I just moved the lever for the 3 cycles, only to discover the next time I look at the gauges, the turn signal is still on like I'm some geriatric in his Buick. I guess the turn signal indicator on the hood was meant for me...should have kept it after '17, or make the "full-on" detent snap like breaking the stem of a champagne flute like GM cars of the 70s and 80s.
If you're ever in the market to distribute an almost useless piece of information that makes you look like a big time Mustang nerd, this one is for you...

The hood blinker was only in the 2016.

Boom.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The hood blinker was only in the 2016.
Not to mention it only reminds you if the driver side is left on unless you are driving a convertible standing up.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dacia Logan MCV
The worst thing about a Mustang is that I can't afford one.

6 Dacias = 1 Mustang at UK pricing.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
The only issue I have with the car so far is that the door panels rattle a bit when I play something with bass.

Outside of that it's a great car.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
My rear view mirror vibrates with the bass from the Shaker sub woofer.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Besides having to remember that reverse gear is now on the opposite corner of the gear pattern, I'm honestly not a fan of it letting me back into reverse right after I've come out of it. Cuz I'm trying to go into first at that point.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Besides having to remember that reverse gear is now on the opposite corner of the gear pattern, I'm honestly not a fan of it letting me back into reverse right after I've come out of it. Cuz I'm trying to go into first at that point.
Having reverse be on the opposite side from first makes tons of sense to me because you'll never get that wrong. I said it elsewhere, but I had to train myself to leave the reverse collar alone because I accidentally put it in reverse once when a light turned green. That said - I've not had the situation where it lets me back in reverse after the lockout does its thing. I drop the collar and shove the shifter up and left and off it goes into first.
Sponsored