Sponsored

Z23 vs z26 brake pad and rotor kit

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
I put Z26 pads on my car, plus installed powerstop rotors. Even though i did the break in produce like Powerstop suggested, my brakes squeal every time i get the car out of the garage. Even if i drive the car multiple days in the row, i always get squealing in the morning. Then sometimes, if the car sits for awhile during the day and i move the car, the brakes squeal again.

I put maybe 5000 miles on these pads and rotors in the past few years, but the squealing is just getting on my nerves more.

Did i make a mistake with going with Z26 pads, instead of Z23 since i barely drive the car? I went with the Z26 because I did add more power to the car and was planning on tracking the car (never did).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Suggest doing a few harder stops from time to time as the lack of following traffic permits. It's low-energy gradual stops that only need light pedal pressure that are most likely to squeal. You'll still get some noise from time to time, but not all the time.

My experience with pads that are a bit further up the track capability ladder, anyway.

Norm