Sponsored

2018 Digital Dash in 2016 Mustang

Mak_Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost premium
I have a 2016 mustang eco-boost convertible, NON-performance package. I installed the digital dash in it. I’m being told that because I did not have the performance package, I willI not be able to get the oil pressure gauge to display. Does any know if this is possible? Is there anyway I can get the oil pressure gauge to display if I switched out the sending unit?
Respectfully - Mark K.
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I have a 2016 mustang eco-boost convertible, NON-performance package. I installed the digital dash in it. I’m being told that because I did not have the performance package, I willI not be able to get the oil pressure gauge to display. Does any know if this is possible? Is there anyway I can get the oil pressure gauge to display if I switched out the sending unit?
Respectfully - Mark K.
@breeves002 is the 2018 dash expert.

Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I don't know for sure but I have a '17 base and can't get the trans oil temp to show on the Torque app. So I'm guessing, no :-(

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
That would be data sent through the computer would be an as-is built data subject I think.

OP
OP
Mak_Batman

Mak_Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update - So I am still pursuing a way to get my 2018 digital dash to display the engine oil pressure. In doing my research I came across this video from Kieth Stilson at the end of the video he indicates that he would do a separate video for getting the oil pressure gauge to work. I found this video from him where he states he did not have to change out the oil pressure switch to an oil pressure sender and still got an oil pressure reading( after he installed the tune!) How is this possible? Everything I have read so far and in the wiring diagrams that have been provided to me indicate that I would have to remove the single pole switch and replace it with and oil pressure sensor.

Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Update - So I am still pursuing a way to get my 2018 digital dash to display the engine oil pressure. In doing my research I came across this video from Kieth Stilson at the end of the video he indicates that he would do a separate video for getting the oil pressure gauge to work. I found this video from him where he states he did not have to change out the oil pressure switch to an oil pressure sender and still got an oil pressure reading( after he installed the tune!) How is this possible? Everything I have read so far and in the wiring diagrams that have been provided to me indicate that I would have to remove the single pole switch and replace it with and oil pressure sensor.
RE 17 GT I heard a tune can enable the OP gauge to work. On mine we put in GT350 gauges and the Oil Temp worked right away so I guess a tune is the only way to enable the OP gauge

OP
OP
Mak_Batman

Mak_Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, I think I have figured it out. Mr. Stilson's car is a GT model. Not clearly stated in his videos, but explains why he did not have to change out the oil pressure switch for an oil pressure sensor. GT's have the 3 wire oil pressure sensor as standard equipment, however, depending on the options purchased (Performance Pack or Non-Performance) the ECU is programmed accordingly. That is why a "tune" has to be done in order to change the setting in the ECU. In essence the signals are there, you just have to tell the ECU to send them to the gauges.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
OK, I think I have figured it out. Mr. Stilson's car is a GT model. Not clearly stated in his videos, but explains why he did not have to change out the oil pressure switch for an oil pressure sensor. GT's have the 3 wire oil pressure sensor as standard equipment, however, depending on the options purchased (Performance Pack or Non-Performance) the ECU is programmed accordingly. That is why a "tune" has to be done in order to change the setting in the ECU. In essence the signals are there, you just have to tell the ECU to send them to the gauges.
I read that 2016 and after had the updated sensor so enabling it is the next step. Also I suggest to install GT350 gauges. Oil temp is a nice feature.
IMG_5534.JPG

OP
OP
Mak_Batman

Mak_Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read that 2016 and after had the updated sensor so enabling it is the next step. Also I suggest to install GT350 gauges. Oil temp is a nice feature.
Again - I think your statement applies only to the GT models and not the 2.3L Ecoboosts

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mak_Batman

Mak_Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Recap - My car is 2016 Mustang ecoboost premium convertible, NOT a GT. I used FORSCAN to display the oil pressure gauge option on my digital dash. The gauge reads zero with the car running. I am trying to figure out how to display the oil pressure on the digital dash board oil pressure gauge.

Update - I removed my infotainment center console and found a square peg hole. I used a flashlight and looked inside and found that there appeared to be a connector being held in place. I took a screw driver and push down on the tab inside the square and it released a four pin cable which I believe is for the PP gauges. See attached picture.

As stated by other individuals on this forum the next steps should be to:
1. Replace my oil pressure switch with an oil pressure sender and then wire the oil pressure sender to communicate with the ECU.
2. Find a tuner to switch my ECU oil pressure configuration from switch to sensor before I can display the oil pressure on my digital dash.
Questions:
Does the digital dash receive the oil pressure signal from the PP gauges or does it get it directly from the CAN bus?
Could I directly wire the oil pressure sender to the 4 pin connector to get the oil pressure reading to display?
Do I actually need to install the PP gauge cluster in order for the digital dash to display oil pressure?
4PIN.jpg

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
Recap - My car is 2016 Mustang ecoboost premium convertible, NOT a GT. I used FORSCAN to display the oil pressure gauge option on my digital dash. The gauge reads zero with the car running. I am trying to figure out how to display the oil pressure on the digital dash board oil pressure gauge.

Update - I removed my infotainment center console and found a square peg hole. I used a flashlight and looked inside and found that there appeared to be a connector being held in place. I took a screw driver and push down on the tab inside the square and it released a four pin cable which I believe is for the PP gauges. See attached picture.

As stated by other individuals on this forum the next steps should be to:
1. Replace my oil pressure switch with an oil pressure sender and then wire the oil pressure sender to communicate with the ECU.
2. Find a tuner to switch my ECU oil pressure configuration from switch to sensor before I can display the oil pressure on my digital dash.
Questions:
Could I directly wire the oil pressure sender to the 4 pin connector to get the oil pressure reading to display?
Do I actually need to install the PP gauge cluster in order for the digital dash to display oil pressure?
OR
Does the digital dash receive the oil pressure signal from the PP gauges or does it get it directly from the CAN bus?
4PIN.jpg
Plug in some gauges and see what happens 1st.

OP
OP
Mak_Batman

Mak_Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plug in some gauges and see what happens 1st.
Well since I don’t have any gauges to plug-in, I was hoping to get an answer as far as connecting the oil pressure sensor to the four pin cable.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
I was told a tune could change this feature OP to work from Galpin Ford . I have a 17GT and installed GT350 gauges
Sponsored