Help out of fuel with Fore Stage 4 Fuel System

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I just installed a FORE stage 4 fuel system with wiring on a 2015 GT with a whipple, 1050x injectors, E85 and 3.65 pulley. We initially ran the car on two pumps because we felt the third was overkill. At about 6800 STFT starting trending up and AFR went to 81-83. I have checked all the wiring and it appears to be good. We added the third pump and it got better but it still seems to be running out at the top of the gears. Where do you guys have your tripple pumps grounded and powered at? Another weird thing is the fuel pressure has changed three times after setting it. I set it with car running and vacuum line off at 55 then check it a bit later and it is showing 51ish.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Bad regulator?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't know what regulator your kit uses. But my kit came with a holley. It also came with two springs. Of course the installer put in the wrong spring in the regulator. So we had issues til I called lethal. And they pointed out it needed a heavier FI spring. Don't know if that's your issue. But just sharing experiences.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I don't know what regulator your kit uses. But my kit came with a holley. It also came with two springs. Of course the installer put in the wrong spring in the regulator. So we had issues til I called lethal. And they pointed out it needed a heavier FI spring. Don't know if that's your issue. But just sharing experiences.
Thanks for the info. It is a fore regulator and it didn’t come with additional springs.

ckendri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had the same experience as you with the regulator needing constant attention. It seems like it may have settled down after about 1000 miles. I’m not real sure why, but I still constantly check it.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
main power we get fromt the battery with the yellow gray as the trigger, make sure you are tightening the nut back down on the regulator if you don't, it will move around

hoot12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500 Black
Beef, you using the yellow gray wire for trigger source?? My installer used the purple with green stripe wire. Could this be causing my pump or pumps to run for 3 solid minutes when I simply open the door??

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Beef, you using the yellow gray wire for trigger source?? My installer used the purple with green stripe wire. Could this be causing my pump or pumps to run for 3 solid minutes when I simply open the door??
Yep,need to use yellow/gray.

Sponsored

hoot12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500 Black
Gotcha. I'm curious as to the difference in those 2 wires?? i'm guessing both are for power, but act a little different? And this might sound dumb, but would I need to notify the tuner to make any modifications in the tune??
Thank you Beef

hoot12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500 Black
Beef, here is what my wire situation looks like.....see pic
20190515_185000_resized.jpg

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Dude im telling you ive done several of these and you need to tie into the yellow ans gray wire.That wire only primes the pumps for about 2 to 3 seconds then cuts off until you hit the start button.The purple wire is 12 volts constant once either the brake or start button is hit.

hoot12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500 Black
That makes perfect sense cause currently the pumps run for 3 solid minutes priming until I crank the car....which has always seemed wrong to me. What your saying sounds right!! I'm definitely not disagreeing. My installer and tuner are trying to convince me that i'm okay, but I don't really agree.
So, swap the wires and then the prime is only for a short second or two and all is good! Do I need to retune anything when I swap the wire?

Mustang Mods

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mustangmodsstore.com
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have seen and fixed this more than once. Check your wiring, this is exactly where one pump runs out of fuel. Where is the vacuum line attached for the boost line to fire the other pumps? Also how is the controller wired to fire the secondary pumps. Two of those pumps on E85 and 1050's will support 1000rwhp. The third pump is not even needed.
Sponsored