Thinking of buying a 2016 GT but....

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
I have checked the quote, the engine, oil cooler, Aircon condenser and evaporator air all covered.
Sponsored

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
They may well be covered if they are the first point of failure. My point is that some warranties will cover the item that first fails but not any subsequent consequential failure i.e. if the oil cooler fails then that will be covered, but the oil cooler failure then causing engine problems may result in the consequential engine damage not being covered as it was not the engine itself that failed. Just be very careful with the small print.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your input. l shall have a look to see if I can get any more information regarding your points.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Did you email them on [email protected]? If this covers air con core and oil cooler I'm in!
Yessir!

aircon.JPG

I received a quote for the gold cover which for £302.00. I had a look at it and it appears to cover the oil cooler.
Not sure why yours is more expensive...

Always go for the manufacturer's warranty if available - they invariably cover more than aftermarket warranty companies. Read the small print of all warranties very carefully, some of the aftermarket warranties will fix your oil cooler if it fails but will not fix any consequential damage caused by the oil cooler failure! Be very careful.
This was kinda my point above. It's not the failure of the oil cooler that's the issue but rather what that can lead to, however if my cooler failed i'd probably have it fixed then sell the car anyway (sorry future owner) as the ownership experience had soured my love affair with the car. Go Ford!!

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
I presume it was more expensive as it included extra cover for the multi media.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
If any of these known faults occur to mine now (I'm out of warranty) I would be pursuing Ford regardless of any other cover I might get. They knew about them when my car was in warranty and chose the 'Pinto' cost benefit route in dealing with it. I'd regard it as a hobby and worth spending a few quid on. These are the court fees:-
Claim amount Paper form fee Online claim fee
Up to £300 £35 £25
£300.01 to £500 £50 £35
£500.01 to £1,000 £70 £60
£1,000.01 to £1,500 £80 £70
£1,500.01 to £3,000 £115 £105
£3,000.01 to £5,000 £205 £185
£5,000.01 to £10,000 £455 £410

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I’m with Steve S on this.

Aftermarket warranties whether via Ford or another are just insurance policies. The wording highlighted by Steve specifically excludes consequential damage, so we are flogging a dead horse here.

Typically these warranties will pay out £50 for your replacement timing belt when it snaps but leave you to foot the bill for your bent valves damaged when the belt snapped.

In our case the Mustang oil cooler and catastrophic engine failure is sadly no different in the eyes of the insurance industry.

That should not stop you enjoying your car. Every owner of every ‘older’ car is driving a potential time bomb and at least with a Ford you are not paying premium labour rates like with a 3 series or an A5, and these cars have issues too.

The alternative for the risk averse is to buy a Kia with a 7 year manufacturers warranty. Errr, no thanks I will keep the Stang....

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
It’s even worse than that. £50 for the timing belt if you are lucky! Most warranties will see a timing belt as a consumable item and not even cover that.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
I think I will give the warranty a miss and take my chances, probably go for the JW Racing oil cooler solution. I would never have known about any of these issues or spent money modding my car if I hadn't found this bloody forum
Sponsored