Sponsored

What mode do you normally drive in?

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
I tried snow/rain mode for a few minutes today. It felt like a totally different car. I was like "what happened to the power?". Then I went back to S+.
Sponsored

freshjive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
That's fair. I have reason to believe the A10 shifts better then the A6 and might not to the rev hang thing as bad. That's the main reason I use Rain / Snow.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Well, in the one day I've had my car it's been autobox in S, active exhaust in sport, and everything else default. Really impressed with the way the A10 box goes up and down the gears (and the way it sounds on the way down as it rev-matches especially!). I used to paddle-shift my Vette all the time because the box was so clunky, and it was the only way to get the right sounds...but the A10 in the Mustang so far seems really good left to its own devices. Never thought I'd say this (I used to have a Borla Stinger cat-back on my Vette...) but the exhaust is maybe a little too vocal away from lights/junctions in town...(well, I did say MAYBE!)...although it's fantastic on the motorway with zero drone around 70-80, which wasn't the biggest pain with the Borlas. Definitely be keeping the resonator :)

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
The throttle mapping in Normal and Snow is too exponential; there is not enough "go" at lower rpms. This makes down shifts (manual trans) more difficult and feel sluggish. Sport + and Track mode have the most linear throttle curve and makes for a more predictable driving experience.
I don't understand why you would get scolded for putting the car in sport mode. Just because the car is in the "aggressive" driving mode does not mean you have to drive aggressively.

Last edited:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
My Trans is in manual :p

Normally on a dry day I will use Sport mode, like the more linear throttle map, but on early mornings or wet days usually just leave in Normal.

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on time of day and other circumstances, but too often it's ANNOYED. :D

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
Sport+ most of the time. Snow/Wet in rain and stop-n-go traffic. Normal steering mode all the time. Used Sport & the paddles once.

MustangRon3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Vert
Mostly 'MyMode' customized setup (different from my wife's when she drives). Sport steering/ Normal/ Sport exhaust. She likes driving it in straight Sport Mode all the time.

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
I spent a little time in Snow/Rain mode the other day. Besides thinking there is something wrong with the car when I get into the mode, I found it provides a very noticeable increase in MPG. A 55 mile drive gave me 37.1 MPG on the display when I got home. A big difference over the low 20s that I see in Sport +. I usually see upper 20s as a general area in Normal and low 30s if I drive nice on the highway in that mode. So I'll look at Snow/Rain to be my economy mode. It's not much fun but it saves $.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I always leave mine in sport mode

Sponsored

Rick369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I have a 2018 A10 Ecoboost. I have been researching and reading all the posts regarding the different drive modes. The drive mode selections are Normal, Sport, Sport +, Track, Drag Strip and Wet/Snow. I am still somewhat confused on the difference between when the gear selector is in D and toggle to Sport mode and the gear selector is in S and toggle to Sport + mode.

Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible / Velocity Blue / A10
I usually keep my car in Sport+ all the time. My wife keeps it in her version of My Mode (sport shift, normal steering, sport exhaust).

I've taken a few road trips, and I've come to accept that my favorite driving mode for long trips or stop and go traffic is what I've come to refer to as "old man mode" - Rain / Snow mode, comfort steering, quiet exhaust (go ahead folks, pull out the torches and pitchforks). Not only does it make the ride less jerky for stop and go, but it's quieter, so the wife can sleep as long as she wants, which is usually a lot (even though she's "never tired enough to sleep in the car," and she's always "ready to take over driving" just before she falls asleep again).

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Well, in the one day I've had my car it's been autobox in S, active exhaust in sport, and everything else default. Really impressed with the way the A10 box goes up and down the gears (and the way it sounds on the way down as it rev-matches especially!). I used to paddle-shift my Vette all the time because the box was so clunky, and it was the only way to get the right sounds...but the A10 in the Mustang so far seems really good left to its own devices. Never thought I'd say this (I used to have a Borla Stinger cat-back on my Vette...) but the exhaust is maybe a little too vocal away from lights/junctions in town...(well, I did say MAYBE!)...although it's fantastic on the motorway with zero drone around 70-80, which wasn't the biggest pain with the Borlas. Definitely be keeping the resonator :)
So, after a few months of ownership I've homed in on different settings.... Autobox is just to frantic in S, and makes the car sound like it's trying too hard. So now I run with the box in D, which not only calms things down but sounds much more muscle-/pony-car when it skips gears away from rest. Being less frantic also means the exhaust doesn't sound as OTT so now run that in Race all the time (but plenty loud enough so no plans to touch the exhaust). Along with Normal for the steering.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I have a 2018 A10 Ecoboost. I have been researching and reading all the posts regarding the different drive modes. The drive mode selections are Normal, Sport, Sport +, Track, Drag Strip and Wet/Snow. I am still somewhat confused on the difference between when the gear selector is in D and toggle to Sport mode and the gear selector is in S and toggle to Sport + mode.
If you place the shifter in S, you get the more aggressive shift pattern and Normal steering, unless you use the steering toggle to change it. If you place the shifter in D (or S, I suppose) and change the mode to S+, you get the same shift pattern as S but the steering is changed to Sport automatically. In both S and S+, if you paddle shift, the transmission will not change gears without the use of the paddles. Holding the + paddle for a couple of seconds will revert back to automatic shifts.
Sponsored