Sponsored

Steeds clutch spring

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
Has anyone fitted the Steeda clutch spring to a Bullitt.
Apparently the factory Bullitt spring is a lot heavier and has more coils. I’ve tried compressing it with long nose pliers, but I can’t.
Any suggestions?
Sponsored

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
Apparently the factory Bullitt spring is a lot heavier and has more coils. I’ve tried compressing it with long nose pliers, but I can’t.
Any suggestions?
I believe all GT's & Bullitts have the same spring
I did mine, you have to use needle nose ViceGrips to fit in between the coils, I had to fight with it a bit, maybe because I'm left handed
Move the seat all the way back, I used a pillow on the door sill so I could lay on my side to get both hands up there. I have seen some that have a person sit in the seat to push the clutch pedal in for you
There are a couple videos on YouTube where they just pull it to the side sliding off the bottom, they say it may brake the lower saddle.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I'm really happy with the stock Bullitt set-up AFTER swapping in the Steeda spring and perch; it was Delta Sierra prior to the swap - really weird clutch feel.

OvalBlue26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Bullitt
Any suggestions?
Any suggestions?
I debated buying just the spring but opted for the Steeda perch too. Glad I did because I broke part of the retention lip off the stock flimsy perch taking it off. I like the new feel even though the stock feel was good too. It’s just a more linear feel through the clutch stroke now.

Sponsored

slammer223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2017 Mustang GT convertible
I used a short length of wood to keep clutch depressed and needle nosed vice grips to remove the spring on my Bullitt. Putting in the Steeda spring was a 'snap.'

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I bought the spring at the same time as the tune. Since the car makes more torque down low, clutch engagement became much easier.
Then put the Steeda spring in. I might remove it as I like city driving sometimes and do not like the increased pedal stiffness at every light. I am also not a fan of the looseness at the top of the pedal.

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
I might remove it as I like city driving sometimes and do not like the increased pedal stiffness at every light. I am also not a fan of the looseness at the top of the pedal.
Give it a few hundred miles, I drive @ 120 miles a day which has quite a bit of stop & go driving

I wasn't sure at first but like it now, I didn't like the Kick at the end of the pedal travel with the stock spring

s101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Any suggestions?
I just did. The clutch travel/feel was my biggest dislike on my Bullitt. This is night and day better. Replaced spring and perch. So much better. Feels like a sports car instead of a truck.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I just did. The clutch travel/feel was my biggest dislike on my Bullitt. This is night and day better. Replaced spring and perch. So much better. Feels like a sports car instead of a truck.
Think about what our other parts could do too :)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Blownfx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Vehicle Showcase
I think I depressed the peddle, got the tips of the vicegrips between the coils, left the peddle up while putting pressure on vicegrips(or they push out) and when coils closed I was able to lock the vgrips
Had to pre set vgrips for gap before starting process. Then I was able to wiggle spring out.
Sponsored