New clutch can’t decide

sysquella

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt PP
Hey guys so I currently have a 2015 performance package. Current mods are stainless works long tube headers, Roush phase 2 blower, steeda tri ax short throw,Gibson catback exhaust. I’m currently pushing 638whp and 522tq.

Will be buying other mods at some point like g-force driveshaft, vmp 67mm throttle body, jlt cold air intake and some id1050 injectors.
I’m currently stuck on what clutch to buy, was really looking at mcloud rst with lighted steel flywheel. I’ve heard the rtx breaks mt82, now looking into mantic clutches. What would be best for my setup? This is my daily driver setup, have never been to drag strip yet but plan on going at some point. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks.
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Exedy never let me down. Single disk and their lightweight steel flywheel. Ran them in two different FI setups. That said I hear (since I run an auto now) many are saying that the factory clutch is holding up well on FI setups. So you may wish to get some feedback from people running FI with the stock clutch still.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the RST twin on my '05 blown/stroked Mustang. Nice clutch, very light pedal, very smooth engagement and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm also using McLeod's lightened steel flywheel which is recommended.

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
I’m still on a stock clutch with a D1X (about to swap to a whipple Gen 4) and plan on keeping it in until it begins to slip. So far it’s been holding up fine. Daily driven and never launched.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I really enjoy the stock clutch feel but unfortunately it has been starting to make a really potent smell on every pull I make so I think it’ll be giving out soon after 22k miles na and 11k boosted.

I’m trying to decide between the Rxt, Rst, or et04xd

I’m making about 730 whp

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Myself, I’d be hesitant going with Mantic, seems 2/3 of the threads out there on Mantic either start out or end up with a problem.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Started with the RXT, swapped to an RST about a thousand miles ago. Much better pedal action, slightly less noise than the RXT, no difference in the butt dyno. Also have the lightened steel flywheel, nice pieces.

OP
OP

sysquella

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt PP
Started with the RXT, swapped to an RST about a thousand miles ago. Much better pedal action, slightly less noise than the RXT, no difference in the butt dyno. Also have the lightened steel flywheel, nice pieces.
Sweet thanks for the info. I think I’m going to go with the rst and new flywheel.
Sponsored