Sponsored

Precision-Turbonetics NX2 turbo EcoBoost build thread

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Did some work this weekend, the car is a a6 2015, obb intake and itecooler, o/r downpipe, borla noisiest exhaust and 50/50 water/meth, all on 100octane fuel

it was 428whp @ 31 psi, couldnt get torque readings but it should be around 450 at the wheels
Nice! Did you have to swap your MAP sensor to go above 29 PSI?

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
So I did a track day on the weekend and I can say that the mishimoto intercooler is undersized for this turbo. Charge temps were over 20c above ambient which felt way too high to me.

I'll look to upgrade it to probably the Whipple intercooler when I get a chance, but that probably won't be for a few months.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
So I did a track day on the weekend and I can say that the mishimoto intercooler is undersized for this turbo. Charge temps were over 20c above ambient which felt way too high to me.

I'll look to upgrade it to probably the Whipple intercooler when I get a chance, but that probably won't be for a few months.
check the speed factory intercooler

Sponsored

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue 2.3T/AT Mustang
I installed my my NXT about 3 weeks ago and I am on my 2nd tune revision. Boosting 20.5 psi. It is a slug till about 4500. After that it is a rocket. I can't wait to get it dialed in because right now it is embarrassing. I respect my tuner slowly bringing the boost up and dailing it in.

Current mods
Speed Factory IC
3" Catless DP
NX2 turbo
PD tune
Tune + plugs
Airaid intake tube with dry flow filter
DV bits BOV
Cp-e hot side charge pipe
(Waiting to install meth kit)
Exhaust is in the we works.

Last edited:

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^^ My initial tune was dog slow too, different tuner though. I think the first 3-4 revisions all brought big power gains. Just keep doing the process and you'll get there

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
You have to remember that by 3300rpm you are on full boost, at that point your throttle and wastegate are controlling the turbo speed so it maintains requested load, so freeing the exhaust will not make more power since you will be limited by the tune to the same load, what you will get is faster spool, we tested the stock exhaust vs no exhaust with the NX2 and went from 12.0@114 to 11.8@115, most of the difference was just on 1st gear where the car was spooling, after that it will maintain boost so no extra power on the top end or under the curve after you are full boost.

Does anyone else gave track times after installing the NX2? Maybe something where the car ran "x" before then it ran "x" after the turbo install and tuning was done.

Is the install truly a few hour bolt-on then tune it and done for a car that won't be running meth or alternative fuel system?

I currently have a FBO car. It feels good in the 2000-3500 RPM range for normal driving. Do you feel it's noticeably softer in this range after the NX2 is dialed in?

And overall, are you happy with the upgrade?

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm actually on the tenth revision from PD Tuning, I wanna say revision 6 or 7 is when Ryan added top end power, during daily driving the increased spool up time is not noticeable at all, arguably the tuning of the car gives it better throttle response and quicker feel than stock.

Sponsored

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been doing a lot of research to get info about this turbo. I still have some unanswered questions. I should have those answers after I finish tuning the NX2 I just ordered. My car has run a best of 12.97 @105 with bolt ons. I predict (hope) it will see 12.30s @ 110-112 on drag tires.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Does anyone else gave track times after installing the NX2? Maybe something where the car ran "x" before then it ran "x" after the turbo install and tuning was done.

Is the install truly a few hour bolt-on then tune it and done for a car that won't be running meth or alternative fuel system?

I currently have a FBO car. It feels good in the 2000-3500 RPM range for normal driving. Do you feel it's noticeably softer in this range after the NX2 is dialed in?

And overall, are you happy with the upgrade?
i dont actually own the cars, i tune them. My clients have gone from 12.5-12.6@108-109 to 12.0-11.9@114-115, we dot have e85 at the pumps, but we do have some pumps that sell 100 octane fuel and thats enough octane to get all the stock turbo can give so they dont use water/meth injection without the big turbo.

We got a car without meth to go 12.2 but fuel pressure from the hpfp started falling at that point i believe that car was around 390whp.

I believe my clients are very happy, some of them where thinking on doing the jump to the GT before the turbo, now they will put a couple of car lengths on bolt on GTs and going to gt is out of their minds.

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info! I was surprised that I didn't see many people post track numbers with the NX2. I wasn't planning to go again until the weather cools off in September/October (I like when it's 50-60 degrees). But I'll probably go again after my tune is complete then again in a few months. I'll probably see a couple more tenths from the cooler weather.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
track numbers
As in race track? Ive tracked mine before and after and anecdotally I was hitting higher top speeds on the straights. My day was cut short by the tensioner breaking though and I didnt record many laps, but overall the car felt much faster. I will say though that Im the slowest part of my car, AKA my skills do not match the capabilities of my car.

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about drag strip numbers to see the performance difference. In your case, you get to see the improvement on a road course.
Sponsored