Sponsored

PBD Tune

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Hey guys looking to get my 19 A10 GT a PBD tune (93/E85). That being said I want rob to tune my car. How did you guys go about getting a specific tuner at PBD to work with you
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Ask them...?

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
I’m sure they would or atleast pretend to lol

It’s all the same tunes my man.

OP
OP

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Ask them...?
I did and they claim he only does the forced induction cars which I know is a lie due to an overwhelming amount of NA guys tuned by him

I’m sure they would or atleast pretend to lol

It’s all the same tunes my man.
And I’ve seen multiple people claiming that they had some issues with their pbd tunes that were eliminated when rob started helping them

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not sure what you’re looking for... if you already reached out to them and they said no then there’s your answer. Your NA tune will be fine, don’t stress it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Not sure what you’re looking for... if you already reached out to them and they said no then there’s your answer. Your NA tune will be fine, don’t stress it.
I’m looking for rob to tune my car, nothing against the other tuners there but if I’m tuning a 50k dollar car and willing to spend whatever extra money for his expertise then I want the best I can get. And the whole “he only tunes out FI cars” is a lie plus I do plan on going with a Twin Turbo kit down the road and would rather continue working with the same tuner then as well

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’m looking for rob to tune my car, nothing against the other tuners there but if I’m tuning a 50k dollar car and willing to spend whatever extra money for his expertise then I want the best I can get. And the whole “he only tunes out FI cars” is a lie plus I do plan on going with a Twin Turbo kit down the road and would rather continue working with the same tuner then as well
Cool, well good luck with that.

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
I got Trevor from PBD, who i think is really a contractor for PBD, and communication wasn't the best. Sometimes days before a response and tune update. I also think my concerns weren't really adressed, he basically sent me a canned tune with minor modifications. Every time i would mention something he would say its the same file running on other cars in the 10's NA.

I also only made 471whp SAE corrected with the final e85 tune, on the lower side compared to others with similar mods.

So i have a car that shifts super hard in regular traffic and cant even go WOT without turning off traction control completely off.

I guess its my fault for buying a base car without drive modes, it does seem like the tune is punishing me for that.

If i were to do it again i would try Lund. But if I'm tied to PBD, i would ask for Rob or someone who works physically at PBD in case i want to drive there.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I got Trevor from PBD, who i think is really a contractor for PBD, and communication wasn't the best. Sometimes days before a response and tune update. I also think my concerns weren't really adressed, he basically sent me a canned tune with minor modifications. Every time i would mention something he would say its the same file running on other cars in the 10's NA.

I also only made 471whp SAE corrected with the final e85 tune, on the lower side compared to others with similar mods.

So i have a car that shifts super hard in regular traffic and cant even go WOT without turning off traction control completely off.

I guess its my fault for buying a base car without drive modes, it does seem like the tune is punishing me for that.

If i were to do it again i would try Lund. But if I'm tied to PBD, i would ask for Rob or someone who works physically at PBD in case i want to drive there.
I appreciate the feedback. Trevor is who PBD said would do the tune when I inquired. I’ve heard of others with similar complaints that you brought up and I’m trying to only have my car tuned by rob. I’m even willing to pay extra for that

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
I appreciate the feedback. Trevor is who PBD said would do the tune when I inquired. I’ve heard of others with similar complaints that you brought up and I’m trying to only have my car tuned by rob. I’m even willing to pay extra for that
You shouldn't have to pay extra. Ask you want the same tuner who would physically tune your car if you were to drive down to Palm Beach yourself.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Regardless of what person sends you the file.....it’s going to be the same file.

Doesn’t matter if Rob emails you the tune or not.

OP
OP

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Regardless of what person sends you the file.....it’s going to be the same file.

Doesn’t matter if Rob emails you the tune or not.
Revisions? Tweaks to the file. The base tune will be the same but it’s after that point I’m more concerned about

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If it's a e85 tune only, they told me logging wasn't really necessary with stock intake and to send it. I sent a log a few days later just to verify though.

ckendri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’m running a “Tunemaker” tune right now, and I’ve had nothing but great interactions with PBD. However, it is your money, and it’s a free market. There are great options like Joe with VMP or Alex with Lund, so I’d go somewhere that makes you feel comfortable with what you are getting. I’ve been tuned by Alex when he was at VMP, and I currently have a tune by Joe for a different setup. I can say all of the tunes are great, so go where you can get the support you want.

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
Revisions? Tweaks to the file. The base tune will be the same but it’s after that point I’m more concerned about
You’re talking about a couple hp in reversions. Unless you have some extremely unique setup (not bolt on stuff) tuners have a database built with setups they’ve already tuned.

I went thru Trevor. He was not the most chatty or bubbly lol the tune is great and that’s all that matters
Sponsored