Sponsored

Remote start

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
I like the nippy-ness of the ST. It feels tiny now, after all the Stang is a tank by comparison. As I always tell people its the same size as a family saloon, with none of the practicality
Have you got the Fiesta ST or the Focus ST? I had two Fiestas, the second one had the ST200 chassis and Mountune package, I STILL miss that car a year on. We traded an older Focus in agains the Mustang (they offered us significantly more money for it than anywhere else) and so needed a practical car. The Fiesta ST made way for another Focus but I wasn’t done with the hot hatch thing, a Focus ST it was to be.
Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Had one or two ST’s myself, do love a good hot hatch...

FA2B4A5D-828D-427B-82C3-37C6439AA479.jpeg
224044BC-E36E-40DB-8D06-387C239906EF.jpeg
18CFC49E-6107-49A2-91F9-AE41AAB2AF18.jpeg
69CD2C3C-87D4-4926-A96F-1A587AABD210.jpeg
C510E41F-BEB5-4DF1-80F5-80F76B2956FF.jpeg
1F6B6EE5-D094-4BED-A514-42362E422A60.jpeg

OP
OP
Bigkid

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
just an update for any that are interested, I have gone ahead and fitted a remote start from Viper (Clifford) along with the alarm system.
Viper 5304V Pager Alarm With Remote Start

UPDATE

I wanted to update anyone that had been following this thread with the latest, do not attempt to buy the Clifford /Viper remote start or alarm package as basically there’s no firmware available for the system for the 2019 model, the authorised dealer put in a load of research and backed out as the support from Clifford wasn’t there.

Now the positive side to the update is Pandora Alarms stepped in and installed a fully intergrated system with remote start, and here’s the best bit the stock factory remote can be used to enable the remote start.

Here’s the link of my car and the system installed.

It’s a feature loaded system so for the gadget guys this is a must !
If anyone wants any further Information then let me know as I know I’m not the only one who wanted remote start and an alarm that stopped the car quietly driving away one evening.!!

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I've been doing some research on AM alarms, principally with the Pandora system in mind.
However I've had difficulty getting good information about the system and it's attributes, from any of the main sources.

I'm still unsure what range can be set for the tag.
The tag proximity is what I want and is why I have disregarded the Ghost system.

In the scenario where you are forced to hand over the keys. I need the car to be driveable for a limited distance, so that I can get away from the people who have taken the keys and have time to call the police, etc.
Immobilising the car on the spot is only going to have the thieves ask for the keys and the tag and my phone.
If they're armed and out number me.
It's futile to resist.

Hence why, reluctantly, allowing the car to be driven a few hundred metres before stopping, seems to me to be an important feature.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Wow, emailed that Pandora place about the remote start, can’t be done on it’s own it has to be part of a full alarm system at a whopping £950 fitted :crazy:

Think I’ll stick with getting in and pressing the start button :cwl:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bigkid

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've been doing some research on AM alarms, principally with the Pandora system in mind.
However I've had difficulty getting good information about the system and it's attributes, from any of the main sources.

I'm still unsure what range can be set for the tag.
The tag proximity is what I want and is why I have disregarded the Ghost system.

In the scenario where you are forced to hand over the keys. I need the car to be driveable for a limited distance, so that I can get away from the people who have taken the keys and have time to call the police, etc.
Immobilising the car on the spot is only going to have the thieves ask for the keys and the tag and my phone.
If they're armed and out number me.
It's futile to resist.

Hence why, reluctantly, allowing the car to be driven a few hundred metres before stopping, seems to me to be an important feature.
you can vary the distance of the tag in the settings, I think mine is set to about 15 meters, I believe you can get an extended range bluetooth tag, however the question is how far can they drive it before it cuts out, that I'm not sure, however the system is advertised as having this anti hijack function so I'm sure its already well thought out.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@Bigkid Thanks for the info.

Apologies for the slight hi-jack.

Remote start would be ace for winter mornings. Technically possible, not sure why is isn't offered by Ford?
If it is, I missed it when I specc'd my GT.

OP
OP
Bigkid

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
@Bigkid Thanks for the info.

Apologies for the slight hi-jack.

Remote start would be ace for winter mornings. Technically possible, not sure why is isn't offered by Ford?
If it is, I missed it when I specc'd my GT.
For some reason not offered on Uk spec cars, issues over the legality of use, or at least that’s what I was told.
I was questioned as to where I would be using my pandora remote start by pandora before they would fit it as it has to be on private property if you are going to use it. Apparently it’s an offence to leave a running car unattended.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
In fiddling with ForScan, I've managed to disable remote start. I've dug around here and other forums looking for the reference to remote start without any luck. Can anyone advise what setting in ForScan controls remote start?

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Found it! BCM: 726-22-02: xxx1 xxxx

Whew!

I don't use it much, since prolonged use wastes gas, but it's nice to be able to start it from outside to listen for the start-up sound and to listen for noises that shouldn't be there.

Sponsored

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Is it legal to use remote start? The Highway code warns against running the engine if you are not in the car. If you remote started the car & it was stolen with the engine running I suspect your insurers may be reluctant to pay. In Luxembourg its an offence to run the engine whilst you de-ice the windows.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Is it legal to use remote start? The Highway code warns against running the engine if you are not in the car. If you remote started the car & it was stolen with the engine running I suspect your insurers may be reluctant to pay. In Luxembourg its an offence to run the engine whilst you de-ice the windows.
I believe there was a period of some high profile thefts for people deicing cars and them being stole, right when remote start was being pitched about, and i think it's frowned upon for cars made for UK. Imports it's allowed !but! it's advised against using it (for theft purposes)

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
I believe there was a period of some high profile thefts for people deicing cars and them being stole, right when remote start was being pitched about, and i think it's frowned upon for cars made for UK. Imports it's allowed !but! it's advised against using it (for theft purposes)
That’s not how all manufacturers systems work, the ones designed in from the factory leave the car fully locked and alarmed, you have to have the key and go through the normal unlocking process to be able to drive away, you can’t just break in and drive off with the engine running.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Just changed my Mondeo (brilliant, but I wore it out) for a Volvo V90 - remote start via an app is a feature and apparently not unusual (I know Merc do it too). Being a Volvo it has a number of safeguards, not least being that the car is locked.
Sponsored