Sponsored

What oil do you use?

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
Just in case any Ecoboost drivers happen upon this thread...The owner's manual says 5W-30 for street use and 5W-50 for the track. Motorcraft oil is cheap enough for me, so I use it. Plus, I'm assuming this is the oil that was used when they were designing and testing the engine, so it's obviously going to meet what ever requirements the engineers had in mind. I will add that my oil temp climbs to the very top of the "green" range during a 25-30 min track session. I do feel a bit better having the 5W-50 in there for HPDE.
Sponsored

teetoppz28

Walking on the dark side
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 400a PP1
I have used Mobil 1 0w40 Euro in my cars (2018 GT, 2006 GTO, 1997 Camaro Z28) for the past several years and no complaints here. :rockon:

Kbru14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT
Mobil-1 Extended Performance 5w-30. Changed over from 5w-20 at 5000 miles. Engine seems a little more quiet, or maybe it's my old ears...

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
To update, I did go with the M1 0W-40 and a bottle of Ceratec. Engine is quiet again, no ticks or anything. Also the thinner 0w when cold has helped with cold drive ability manners it seems. My guess is the VCT is more stable now.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Depends on the application! LOL! For tanning I use suntan oil while others use baby oil. For rusty bolts I prefer PB Blaster while others lean towards WD40. For engines I use engine oil while many today running motors prefer motor oil.

Sponsored

junti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT EU
Guys I would need help, for all revious cars I used Castrol Edge oils and I was satisfied. For Mustang 5.0 I order Castrol EDGE 5w20 A1/B1 SAE ILSAC GF-3; API SL; ST JLR.03.5004 as for german cars the EDGE was always for extended service intervals (I still change it earlier just I am used that EDGE oils are better then Magnatec) but I just find out that there is maybe better option for Mustang in Slovakia and to use Castrol Magnatec E 5w20 it has Ford logos all over it and says meets WSS-M2C948-B. Still this isn't the same WSS then in the mustang user guide. So my questions am I ok with EDGE 5w20 or should I change it to MAGNATEC 5w20?

Thank you

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
So my questions am I ok with EDGE 5w20 or should I change it to MAGNATEC 5w20?
Can you get Castrol Edge Extended Performance ? Honestly that would be the go to oil if available in your area. The stuff is now rated at 20k OCI so you know its loaded up with a premium base stock and additive package.
If not Castrol Edge Extended Perf. then Motul or Liqui-Moly.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just thought I'd let you all know, I just switched to Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5w30.

It's only been a week, but I do have to say, this oil seems really good. Engine runs very smooth and quiet. I did add 50ml of Ceratec as an experiment, and it did help quiet my typewriter tick quite a bit, but the tick is still there. well, after a week of driving with QSUD 5w30, the typewriter tick is becoming slowly less and less noticeable. The PUP 5w30 I used last oil change didn't do that. QSUD seems to be a pretty decent oil for the money. For $20 a jug, it's pretty affordable compared to all the other name brand full synthetics.

I wonder how much different the proportion of GTL, add pack solids, and even some POA percentage is compared to PUP?

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
When the time comes, probably Pennzoil Platinum. I used that for 10 years in the Mazda. It seemed happy. I may switch to Super-Tech from Wally-World. It meets all the API standards. I'll keep using K&N filters. The filter for the Mazda B-2300 fits and holds another pint or so.
Sponsored