Sponsored

Freshening up the Brembos?

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Without having to refinish my Brembo calipers can I just lightly sand and spray a coat of clear on them? They are black and just a little dull looking.
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
na youll see the sand scratches through the clear .. you can brake clean them really good use soap and water with a yellow or white super fine scuff pad, then degrease them then clear them ,,

OP
OP
coreystang

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
na youll see the sand scratches through the clear .. you can brake clean them really good use soap and water with a yellow or white super fine scuff pad, then degrease them then clear them ,,
Would a brillo pad be to rough?

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
no no no cant use a brillo man ..yes way to rough .. pep boys sells scuff pads red being fine.... white or yellow being the one you want ,and use dawn dish soap. .. i would rattle off the stuff i use in work but it would only confuse you more lol ...i paint cars for a living so i blend a lot of panels and for a blending panel i use yellow 3m scuff or white with a scuffing agent with water of course.. im just trying to give ya the most cost effective way to do it without buying the body shop stuff i use ..

Sponsored

OP
OP
coreystang

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
no no no cant use a brillo man ..yes way to rough .. pep boys sells scuff pads red being fine.... white or yellow being the one you want ,and use dawn dish soap. .. i would rattle off the stuff i use in work but it would only confuse you more lol ...i paint cars for a living so i blend a lot of panels and for a blending panel i use yellow 3m scuff or white with a scuffing agent with water of course.. im just trying to give ya the most cost effective way to do it without buying the body shop stuff i use ..
I appreciate it man! They don't look rough or in bad shape just a little dull.. They just need more shine to them.

Stang8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
I appreciate it man! They don't look rough or in bad shape just a little dull.. They just need more shine to them.
Similar to the black textured paint on my Harley motor. It dulls. The trick we all use is WD40.