Sponsored

Calculating the HP from known 12psi Of Boost

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
what are the odds they are revamping in order to offer a "red key" sort of scenario?

i say that because the demon has one, and rumor has it that Gm was researching doing the same. the latest ZR1, now that its tunable, is posting some insane #s. just saw one yesterday hit 8.8's with basic bolt ons. Curious if Ford anticipated this, or is now trying to play catchup.

Yea, i get it, its an all around car. but 1/4 potential HAS to be on their mind, as Mustangs are always highly favored drag cars, regardless of model
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Sorry, those details are above my pay scale. I only know that powertrain engineers hit their target numbers a long time ago. While its painful to hear Widmann state that his engineers are working hard to eek out all the power they can I don't doubt that they have continued working towards certain targets, be they emissions, durability, etc. There was mention elsewhere that cat durability (more specifically, long term emissions requirements) was an issue at elevated power levels. While that makes sense I struggle with it since Dodge doesn't seem to be having an issue getting it done.

I'll say this, I'm as interested in the internal struggles during development as much as I am with what will be supplied to the media and published for public consumption. If the ice cracks and the truth comes out, I think you'll learn that the new CEO and his management philosophy not only almost killed this one but had a negative impact on the program being expedited. With Nair and Hameedi gone this was like a ship lost at sea but I credit Widmann for getting everything back on course, albeit at a snails pace.
I'm just curious, is the reason Ford has worries about long term cat durability because their standards are tighter, or do the cats really last longer on Dodge engines? If it is the latter, is it because of running richer or leaner or does no one know?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Re: long term Cat and dodge,

I can see ford’s engine running hotter as it’s higher strung.

Therefore, the dodge hellcat which hardly ever see’s prolonged WOT won’t suffer the same fate as the 500. 500’s will be seen running 20min track sessions while the hellcats do 11-12 seconds at a time. I can very well believe the 500 is suffering from emissions reliability and durability. I believe OEM have to provide 8 years of emissions warranties. Correct?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The Dodge will see track time as well. Both cars will be hitting the drag strip and the track. Only one of them will actually be good at both. But customers will run strip and drag no matter which car they buy. Both cars will get hot on the track, the Dodge more so as it doesn't have the support structure and is heavier. The Ford engine will be fine. At least as reliable as the Dodge.

I don't believe the 500 is having any unusual emissions issues. It's more a matter of what Ford was willing to do with the car, versus people who actually care wanting to do more. WE knew the 500 was coming back when Jamal Hameedi had replied to its "bones" coming from the GT350 way back in the day. So the car has started development and then changed gears at least once. Things went silent once Hackett started making Ford an SUV company. That would also explain the development of the carbon composite support being made only for the old headlights (which actually look perfect on the 500) on both Shelby branded cars.

I can see the Dodge being a dirtier car than the Ford where emissions are concerned. Too old school. And if Ford is wanting to dial in the tune (lean it out) a bit more, but still stave off detonation from bad fuel, they have room. The engine will burn even cleaner from that as well. The trade off is that the customer won't be seeing crazy gains from the "tune only" mod like the Terminators did.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
what are the odds they are revamping in order to offer a "red key" sort of scenario?

i say that because the demon has one, and rumor has it that Gm was researching doing the same. the latest ZR1, now that its tunable, is posting some insane #s. just saw one yesterday hit 8.8's with basic bolt ons. Curious if Ford anticipated this, or is now trying to play catchup.

Yea, i get it, its an all around car. but 1/4 potential HAS to be on their mind, as Mustangs are always highly favored drag cars, regardless of model

I don't think the "venom" comments that went viral were for nothing. It's either referring to an as yet unannounced GT500 tier or a package (whether that package is a simple "unlock" or more to it).

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Right on.. 785hp is on tap and ready to go for 21-23 MYs

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I think this was the thread we were discussing the DCT and what it felt like shifting and DD use etc.

I know I saw him say it before so I asked again today to review the gt500 dct vs the Porsche pdk
20190620_182655.jpg
Sponsored