Sponsored

2018-19 Mantic clutch owners

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I am trying to find some 2018-19 model year Mustang GT owners who have the Mantic cerametallic clutch installed in their car. I'd like to get some viewpoints on your experience with it - you can PM me or post here. I can't find anyone locally to bounce ideas off of.
Sponsored

VTR16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 400A PP MT82
They make manuals in the 18-19?
:stop:

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be installing one once I blow up the stock one, but so far it's good with my Whipple and 12K miles....

18basedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm getting a mantic organic clutch and 4.09 gears installed right now at a shop. Hopefully I'll have it back in a couple weeks and I'll let you know how it feels.

Sponsored

18basedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I also ended up having issues with the mantic 2018 (organic) clutch. Using a professional tech, he said the clutch would not disengage when pressing the pedal down after installation. He made sure everything was done right and was bled correctly. I'm gonna have to go ahead and have the stock clutch put back in and try a different clutch like the mcloed or ram clutch. For anyone out there looking into a clutch for the 18+, I would not recommend mantic.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Im still waiting on my Mantic refund after a couple weeks but since then I've gone to a McLeod RXT and it worked like it should have the first time and drives like a stock clutch - I almost forget its aftermarket once getting the initial engagement down. No noises you wouldn't expect from a lightened flywheel and twin disc - it's hard to tell it's there. It engages up about 1/2-2/3rds of the pedal stroke like stock - very predictable and light. I'm very happy with my McLeod so far. Sorry you had problems - I was hoping sadly it was just me. Thanks for posting up!

Kent Stacey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I also am having disengagement issues with my Mantic twin disc in my 18. Identical symptoms as gqneon. Anyone else with a 18+ having issues with the Mantic PLEASE chime in.
Sponsored