Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Okay, have some catching up to do so I'll jump right in.

Wheels are done. Took longer than I wanted... but they're done.
i-LpB9bwb-X3.jpg

Also went ahead and tore down the headlights so I could swap out the side markers for clear "Euro" styled ones to tie in with the rest of the lighting. Took the opportunity to repaint everything, too. Went ahead and threw some carbon fiber vinyl I had laying around on the top to keep the light from bleeding through the gap between the hood and fenders.
i-3jcRq5G-X3.jpg

i-KrCFwgv-X3.jpg

i-wXk3VC9-X2.jpg

i-5cvFT4D-XL.jpg

Between the headlights and the wheels, the front-end already looks much better.
i-ZbHK66q-X2.jpg

Moving back to the trunk... one thing that bothered me was that the Watson Racing battery kit did not come with a cover. Even with a Lithium battery, it looks unsightly. Grabbed some aluminum and quick bent up a cover.
i-zdch65p-XL.jpg

i-ccz2Xk3-XL.jpg

i-DKVR8kT-XL.jpg

i-KCHMZR2-XL.jpg

Just sitting in place, but you get the idea
i-GPRVx2b-XL.jpg

Jumping back up to the front, I swapped out the methanol lines for some a bit longer. Ran them through the intake valley, so they're tucked away and clean. Also swapped the radiator over to Mishimoto's larger 3 core. So hopefully we'll see some real cool temps. Rounded out the front suspension with some spherical bushings for the control arms as well as a bump-steer kit.
i-C9fJSnf-XL.jpg

i-h4SDL53-XL.jpg

i-8xmFNq5-X2.jpg

i-VSGtm3s-X2.jpg

Finally made my way back to the interior to take care of a few more small details. Swapped out the start button cover for a "carbon fiber" version. Wish I could have found a real carbon piece, but this will do just fine. Also added a carbon trim ring on the cupholder, as well as the upper and lower speakers.
i-mswW7sK-XL.jpg

i-zzZKq5c-XL.jpg

Tires get mounted tonight- car should finally be on the ground this weekend and ready for her tuning/dyno appointment next week.
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Your commitment to the white and black theme is just next level. Such an unique build, especially love your interior work with all the custom wrapping in alcantara!

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Your commitment to the white and black theme is just next level. Such an unique build, especially love your interior work with all the custom wrapping in alcantara!
Thanks Tim! I've definitely committed myself to the white and black theme here lol

Speaking of... Car is back on the ground
i-RT4tcKN-X3.jpg

i-4PfKF5n-X3.jpg

i-VLmGHHB-X3.jpg

Photoshoot was cut short- had to get the car loaded and over to Bill Miller at Pro Edge Tuning. He'll be working getting the tune dialed in on E85. Hoping for some killer power

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
The level of detail you went into all the mods is insane. Looks really clean.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
The level of detail you went into all the mods is insane. Looks really clean.
Thank you! Spending this much time on details has made me a bit insane at this point

Sponsored

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Since I'm on here, quick update:

Got the car back from Bill just in time to load up and head out to Ford Nationals. Car is running great (first time in a long time). We had to dial it back a bit, but it still hauls. Didn't have enough injector for E85 and the 4.38 pulley, and Bill doesn't trust that much psi on a bone stock block- he's probably right. I didn't have time to order a different pulley, so just went back to the 4.88 for now. More than likely just keep it on this pulley until a built motor goes in. Anyway, dyno video:

And a couple of pics from Ford Nats!
i-3xS3tpN-X3.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just happy you're keeping this build going instead of getting bored and swapping to something new after a year like it seems a lot of people are doing lately.

Love seeing what you do with the car.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
I'm just happy you're keeping this build going instead of getting bored and swapping to something new after a year like it seems a lot of people are doing lately.

Love seeing what you do with the car.
Thank you!

I'm just as happy to see this car continue to evolve and actually be enjoyable to drive now. Pretty sure at this point, even if I were to get bored, I just have to see it through and finish it, haha.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Where did you pick up your breathers by chance?
I got them from here. Thought it was the best looking and most functional breather option. So far they've been great

Sponsored
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Got tired of my previous method for securing the car onto the trailer. Time consuming and total pain in the ass.
Ordered Ford Performance's tie down kit and decided to figure out a way to make it work with jacking rails. Got them, took a good look at everything and realized this was probably the easiest task I'd given myself on this car in a long time. If anyone was wondering if the two could work together, the answer is yes. Unless you've got full length rails... then you've got a totally different puzzle to figure out.

i-bLBB76L-X3.jpg

Trimmed the back corner on the rear tie down and placed a small shim (roughly 3mm thick, I believe) and that was it.

i-2L9G6xR-X2.jpg

Notched the ear on the jacking rail and the front was in. I really should have done this sooner.

Also made one other simple change-
i-V9bCJWf-XL.jpg

Ditched the MA tags and the impossible emissions standards for Vermont ones. Now I don't have to worry about being MA legal as VT gives me a couple of options: exhibition plates (limited mile, easy inspection); and my personal favorite, just don't go to Vermont and you don't need to worry about emissions. Bonus- no more excise tax. Just need to wait for the vanity tags now.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Been quite some time without any updates. Not a whole lot of changes recently- have just been happy to have it back together and running! Did make a couple little detail adjustments though...

Happened to find a replacement reverse light that I thought would complement the Euro tails. Really like the frosted housing and the fact that it operates as a "4th brake light" and not just a parking light like most aftermarket options. I did find one small problem after I installed it, though. The light simply uses one wire to tie into brake lights. Doing it this way means that when the single tri-bar (whatever one was tapped into) is illuminated, the new brake light comes on. That's all well and good until you turn on your directional and it flashes out of sync with one side and not at all with the other.
Our tails use a single power wire to each tri-bar. So, when you hit the brakes they all get power. Directionals stagger power to each bar. Decided to make a small harness that would tie into both tail assemblies and allow the light to blink with both sides, but that wouldn't allow for any power feedback between the two sides.
i-cXMM6zc-L.jpg

i-VCkXdrX-X2.jpg

Also got my new Blower-Guard on. I don't know if it actually makes a power difference. Would like to make some pulls on the dyno to compare it to the upgraded ProCharger inlet pipe. Either way, it looks a lot cleaner!
i-zbPnsBX-X2.jpg

i-kC5mTBt-XL.jpg

Speaking of power, I went ahead and picked up a couple of drums of Fuse E98. Should hold me over for a while.
i-hsxb3bH-XL.jpg

But, the most important piece came in last week. My new plates!
i-JkQkrHF-X2.jpg

i-ZttrVJz-XL.jpg

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Looking good Marcus. It's been a long time sir, so I'm confused as to what state you actually live in now?
I lost your phone number during my phone swap so I figured I'd check in to see how you and Jaime have been doing. Maybe we can get together to see Jaime's new beast at some point.
Sponsored