Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure this has been covered many times so apologies for the repeat but how much stuff can you fit in our cars for a track day?

My plan:
- (4) 19x10 wheels
- jack and stands
- box of tools
- some water and snacks

Anyone fit all this in their car without issue?
Sponsored

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's doable. I've squeezed in 4 wheels (performance pack 19x9 & 19x9.5) with small tool box, small jack/jack stands, and some other random stuff. I got couple of those moving blankets from harbor freight to protect seats, then put 3 in the back seat and one in the trunk.

What I've been doing lately is just drive on my track wheels/tires (I run street summer tires) and bring 2 spares (in case of blow out). Much easier to load and unload.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's doable. I've squeezed in 4 wheels (performance pack 19x9 & 19x9.5) with small tool box, small jack/jack stands, and some other random stuff. I got couple of those moving blankets from harbor freight to protect seats, then put 3 in the back seat and one in the trunk.

What I've been doing lately is just drive on my track wheels/tires (I run street summer tires) and bring 2 spares (in case of blow out). Much easier to load and unload.
Oh, I like that plan. That's a very simple solution.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I'm sure this has been covered many times so apologies for the repeat but how much stuff can you fit in our cars for a track day?

My plan:
- (4) 19x10 wheels
- jack and stands
- box of tools
- some water and snacks

Anyone fit all this in their car without issue?
I do it all the time. This is generally what I bring to the track... The key is knowing the sequence of packing it all in.

(4) 19x11s (3 in the back seat, 1 in the trunk)
2 x chairs (trunk)
3 ton floor jack and 2 jackstands (trunk)
small tool bag with impact gun and sockets (trunk)
large tool bag with all the other tools I would need (trunk)
mechanics ratchet set (behind driver seat)
2 x helmets (trunk)
go pro mount for seat (behind passenger seat)
cooler with water and food (in front of passenger seat)

I highly recommend these tire totes ->https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QRVJ7XM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are priceless for keeping rubber off your seats and for managing/carrying the wheels around.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do it all the time. This is generally what I bring to the track... The key is knowing the sequence of packing it all in.

(4) 19x11s (3 in the back seat, 1 in the trunk)
2 x chairs (trunk)
3 ton floor jack and 2 jackstands (trunk)
small tool bag with impact gun and sockets (trunk)
large tool bag with all the other tools I would need (trunk)
mechanics ratchet set (behind driver seat)
2 x helmets (trunk)
go pro mount for seat (behind passenger seat)
cooler with water and food (in front of passenger seat)

I highly recommend these tire totes ->https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QRVJ7XM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are priceless for keeping rubber off your seats and for managing/carrying the wheels around.
I'm going to have to practice my Tetris skills but that is awesome to hear! I was going to use garbage bags for my wheels....those totes look a lot less ghetto haha

Sponsored

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Man that's a lot of stuff. I've been at the track and really wished I would have brought more. It sucks to spend half the day scrummaging around for some Allen keys so you can get back out on the track.

Question: The stock PP1 front tire will fit both front and rear won't it? So you could take just a front tire to use as your spare? I know the rears will not fir the front.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I'm going to have to practice my Tetris skills but that is awesome to hear! I was going to use garbage bags for my wheels....those totes look a lot less ghetto haha
Haha, I was using garbage bags too until I saw someone at the track with these. Much nicer and they have an integrated handle which helps tremendously with moving the wheels around. For $40 or so bucks, totally worth it.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Man that's a lot of stuff. I've been at the track and really wished I would have brought more. It sucks to spend half the day scrummaging around for some Allen keys so you can get back out on the track.

Question: The stock PP1 front tire will fit both front and rear won't it? So you could take just a front tire to use as your spare? I know the rears will not fir the front.
I think a lot of us track rats have been there. When I started out, I just brought some snacks and a helmet and that was it. The more you go out, the more you realize you would like your entire garage at your disposal in the paddock, heh. I ended up hitting a tire wall a few months ago and with all the tools I had on hand was able to get the car in a driveable state to get back home. If I didn't have my tools, I would have been in trouble.

From what I understand the PP1 front will fit the rear just fine. The PP1 rear can fit the front, but a small 5mm spacer is needed. My only precaution would be to ensure that the two rear wheels are the same diameter. So if a rear blowout occurs then you would have to move a front track wheel to the rear and put the spare up front. The torsen differential may become damaged if there are two different diameter sized wheels out back.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think a lot of us track rats have been there. When I started out, I just brought some snacks and a helmet and that was it. The more you go out, the more you realize you would like your entire garage at your disposal in the paddock, heh. I ended up hitting a tire wall a few months ago and with all the tools I had on hand was able to get the car in a driveable state to get back home. If I didn't have my tools, I would have been in trouble.

From what I understand the PP1 front will fit the rear just fine. The PP1 rear can fit the front, but a small 5mm spacer is needed. My only precaution would be to ensure that the two rear wheels are the same diameter. So if a rear blowout occurs then you would have to move a front track wheel to the rear and put the spare up front. The torsen differential may become damaged if there are two different diameter sized wheels out back.
My exact thoughts. I would bring two stock rear wheels so the rear end is balanced. The track wheels can be rotated around in any manner.

Stock front: 255/40/19 (27" diameter)
Stock rear: 275/40/19 (27.7" diameter)
My track set (square): 285/35/19 (26.9" diameter)

Sponsored

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was at Autobahn couple of weeks ago and so glad I brought my "weather protection" solution lol

It's a small tent I got from amazon, takes about 5 min to assemble (I do recommend practicing this at home first :D)

UmnvwMb.jpg

Note on the spare tires: if you run staggered setup, then bring 2 of the same spares...probably wouldn't be good on the differential to run 2 different widths in the rear

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have a staggered setup
285/35/19 front
305/30/305 rear

I didn't think about the different sizes for the rear. I think I'll bring my two oem pp1 255/40/19 for spares. That way I'm covered for both the front and rear if I need to limp home.

There is nothing wrong with using the skinny lugs with tuner wheels on the oem wheels right. I know they use a larger design.

OP
OP
Ewheels

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a staggered setup
285/35/19 front
305/30/305 rear

I didn't think about the different sizes for the rear. I think I'll bring my two oem pp1 255/40/19 for spares. That way I'm covered for both the front and rear if I need to limp home.

There is nothing wrong with using the skinny lugs with tuner wheels on the oem wheels right. I know they use a larger design.
The smaller lug nuts are fine. Usually the smaller lug nuts are made of a stronger material.
The large, OEM lug nuts are garbage anyway. They deform so easily.

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The smaller lug nuts are fun. Usually the smaller lug nuts are made of a stronger material.
The large, OEM lug nuts are garbage anyway. They deform so easily.
What wheels you use for front 285/35 :?

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I use SVE PP2 replicas. 10 in wide in the front.
Sponsored