Sponsored

Would anyone recommend an immediate oil change before driving off the lot?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I changed my oil at 3500 or 4000 miles, don't remember when exactly. I autocrossed my car at 200 miles. I don't burn oil. No funny sounds. No leaks. No nothing but a badass happy motor.

According to the internet, my engine should have exploded at mile 201.
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I changed my oil at 3500 or 4000 miles, don't remember when exactly. I autocrossed my car at 200 miles. I don't burn oil. No funny sounds. No leaks. No nothing but a badass happy motor.

According to the internet, my engine should have exploded at mile 201.
I know that, "I don't burn oil. No funny sounds. No leaks". But ask me again when I turn 70.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
No. Change at 1000-1500 miles. Change your differential fluid too, it will be nasty and full of metal.

Sponsored

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Title says it all. Any benefit to getting some fresh oil in the 5.2 before break-in, or should one just go break it in and then change it out?
Even for the completely uptight internet crowd changing the oil at Mile Zero must be some kind of record.

I can imagine a future where after purchase of a new Mustang you drive it from the lot around the block and back around to the maintenance bay, where you then have an oil change. Then at every gas stop you could just change the oil at the same time.

Maybe they can make two pumps at Exxon: one oil and one gas, and Ford can just put the filler neck and drain plug right next to the gas cap. You know, to save time and then you can just change the oil yourself without having to jack up the car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Oil samples from engines during the first 3,000 miles of driving show elevated "wear-in" metal levels, coming from the pistons and camshafts, says Ryan Stark, Blackstone's president. But he added, "To me, it doesn't make that much difference because if the filings are big enough to cause damage, they will be taken out by the oil filter."
:facepalm:
Sponsored