What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

19 GT Premium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Here are photos of the plugs. It's hard to make out, but some of the open spaces on the back of the blue plug are where corresponding wires would be on the sub plug.
20190131_132711.jpg
20190131_132842.jpg
20190131_133019.jpg
Sponsored

19 GT Premium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
[QUOTE="n
- 1 terminal, Ford P/N EU2Z-14474-AA, terminal WT-1009.
[/QUOTE]

I went to the dealer to order these connectors. The smaller ones are $6 each. The larger ones (above) are $26 each (OUCH!) Both are only sold in 5 packs. I just ordered the smaller connectors. I'm thinking I'll find another power source to tap into. Maybe something in the blue trunk connector. In all of those unused wires, there has to be a switched 12V power wire there. I haven't tested that theory yet, but I will...

eddison

- 1 terminal, Ford P/N EU2Z-14474-AA, terminal WT-1009.
I went to the dealer to order these connectors. The smaller ones are $6 each. The larger ones (above) are $26 each (OUCH!) Both are only sold in 5 packs. I just ordered the smaller connectors. I'm thinking I'll find another power source to tap into. Maybe something in the blue trunk connector. In all of those unused wires, there has to be a switched 12V power wire there. I haven't tested that theory yet, but I will...[/QUOTE]
Check another dealer or online - some will split the 5 packs into smaller ones. My local dealer ordered me just 1 from a dealer a coupe of states away that did split them up.

19 GT Premium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I went to the dealer to order these connectors. The smaller ones are $6 each. The larger ones (above) are $26 each (OUCH!) Both are only sold in 5 packs. I just ordered the smaller connectors. I'm thinking I'll find another power source to tap into. Maybe something in the blue trunk connector. In all of those unused wires, there has to be a switched 12V power wire there. I haven't tested that theory yet, but I will...
Check another dealer or online - some will split the 5 packs into smaller ones. My local dealer ordered me just 1 from a dealer a coupe of states away that did split them up.[/QUOTE]

After researching that blue plug in the trunk, it has a big red wire in it that shows to be 12V positive. It's right where I need it, so I think I'll tap it for my sub power source. It's not being used for anything else, so why not use it? That would save me from having to run a wire to the front of the car, and I wouldn't need that expensive connector.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt and 03 and 04 terminater
Well that power wire is we’re needed you are a go just gotta Add the other 4 or 5

QUOTE="19 GT Premium, post: 2457790, member: 38531"]Check another dealer or online - some will split the 5 packs into smaller ones. My local dealer ordered me just 1 from a dealer a coupe of states away that did split them up.[/QUOTE]

After researching that blue plug in the trunk, it has a big red wire in it that shows to be 12V positive. It's right where I need it, so I think I'll tap it for my sub power source. It's not being used for anything else, so why not use it? That would save me from having to run a wire to the front of the car, and I wouldn't need that expensive connector.[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

19 GT Premium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
OK...It's done. Following directions found here in a few different threads, here's what I did.

I purchased the "CP" DSP and factory Shaker sub box from a '17 GT both on Ebay. Purchased the connectors described above from the dealer. I needed 4 of them. I used the +12V and ground from the blue plug in the trunk. Note: If doing this on a '19 the blue plug in the '19 is pinned out different than the earlier models. Pin #34 is 12V+ and Pin #3 is Ground. When using the factory Sub connector harness from the earlier s550's, you'll need to move the pins (wires) on that harness to the corresponding pins in the blue plug. Worked great for me. No need to run power or ground wires to the sub. They are right there in the blue plug.

I made a harness as described previously in the thread to go from the DSP back to the sub. (4 wires). I soldered those connections onto the factory sub harness. I plugged it all in, and behold, it worked!
It's not glass rattling bass, but it's a noticeable improvement over not having a sub.

I ordered the OBDII connector for forscan. I might be able to tweak the system a bit when it gets here.
But for now, it's together and working.

I upgraded all the speakers in the car with better stuff, including the sub. That in itself made a big difference.

Thanks a bunch to all you guys who came up with the directions and schematics and stuff. I wouldn't have attempted this without that information.

One other thing...When changing out the DSP, be warned. The edges on those mounting brackets are like razors. I have a few cuts on my fingers to prove it.

It's doable. Go for it!

Domochino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang Gt
Have a 15 base GT with the calculator radio. How should I add power to my replacement speakers?

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
FYI...I just checked the trunk on my '19 GT Premium 401A 9 Speaker car. The empty blue plug is there. I do NOT have active exhaust or magnaride...
So, I'm off to find some parts for an upgrade.
My 18 PP1 401A no active exhaust & no magneride doesn’t appear to have the harness.
0DF1D885-BB92-4795-9062-D8DB6040B7E0.jpeg

19 GT Premium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
My 18 PP1 401A no active exhaust & no magneride doesn’t appear to have the harness.
0DF1D885-BB92-4795-9062-D8DB6040B7E0.jpeg
Nope. No blue plug. It's not a big deal though. The only thing I used the blue plug for was power and ground. I made my own signal and sub activation wiring harness and ran it from the DSP to the factory sub. It's not hard to do.

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost 101
I'm wondering, but would us Ecoboost guys with the 9 speaker sound system be able to add this subwoofer as well? If we were to add the DSP, and run our own wiring cable to the trunk? I'm a little confused on if it would work, as there was mention that we have a different ACM/DSP configuration.

Sponsored

eddison

I'm wondering, but would us Ecoboost guys with the 9 speaker sound system be able to add this subwoofer as well? If we were to add the DSP, and run our own wiring cable to the trunk? I'm a little confused on if it would work, as there was mention that we have a different ACM/DSP configuration.
Yes, you need a different DSP and need to run cabling.

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost 101
Yes, you need a different DSP and need to run cabling.
Thank you for the confirmation, I really appreciate it. I didn't want to purchase everything and find out it wouldn't work. Looks like I know what I am doing over the next few weeks. Again, thank you!!!

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.

Alright guys, I am a 17 Ecoboost premium 9 speaker system.

I purchased a amp from a 12 speaker car (amplifier) thats located under driver kick panel. I swapped mine out, I added 3 wires into the connector. a blue, a positive neg and ground. The ground was for interference in the wiring loom. Bought it off Hextall, bought the amp from him too.

So those wires that went into the stock connector became the RCA's for my sub amp, I hooked those onto amp ,and thats it. blue was a turn on signal, but found out my amp had rca sensing so I just tucked it away incase I ever needed it I have it.

yep, paid like 150 bucks for the stock amp and wiring harness, but it made me add a JL stealthbox just like oem and it sounds amazing. the stock amp in a 9 speaker car doesn't have the physical circuits for the sub signal to transmit or something like that.

anyway, I have zero exposed cords, jl box jams, and I am happy. ran a bass control knob to the amp too, keep the Headunit bass on zero, and use the knob to control my bass.

I also added an HD ACM from a wrecked GT, enabled HD radio for 150 bucks.+ added 2 coaxial rear JBL GTO629's from amazon 70 bucks. Was so worth it. Half of my channels are HD here.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt and 03 and 04 terminater
Wiring can be added thankfully on my 18 gt it had the wiring and I believe I was one of the first to add it, I just like it factory haha

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Robert, in order to add factory HD radio in my 2019 401A GT 9 speaker system, what's the part # and name of the part I need? I'm sure it's in here somewhere.. Thanks!
Sponsored