bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't know why all the hate for that car here. Looks amazing, great power, great reliability, awesome interior, great price... what gives? I figured mustang guys would be all about an affordable and fast family hauler
Most of the hate probably comes simply from being a Kia or a Hyundai. Its hard to shake the cheap import car stigma.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
What an emotional thread about Kia's lol........

The GT350 I test drove happened to be at a Kia dealership and they had a line of Stinger's. Not a half bad looking car, would be tough to stroke a check of that size for a Kia for me, but I'm sure they are great in a lot of ways so no judgement. My preference when it comes to sport sedans has ALWAYS been and likely always will be Lexus.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Climbing into a Stinger and driving one both on the streets and on Road America (in the wet too btw), I couldn't help but to think to myself "who in their right fluckin' mind would by an Audi A7 when this exists?" I mean unless you want the badge, sure. Fine. But if someone had their full size GT sedan dreams crushed by the starting prices of Audi's, BMW's, and Merc's, you owe it to yourself to look at the Stinger. Okay the front of the Stinger is a touch fussy, yes but I still think it looks better than an A7 especially the rear 3/4 view.

2019-audi-a7-rear-high-resolution-photos.jpg

nydn-2018-kia-stinger-gt2-silver-rear-aerial.jpg

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Climbing into a Stinger and driving one both on the streets and on Road America (in the wet too btw), I couldn't help but to think to myself "who in their right fluckin' mind would by an Audi A7 when this exists?" I mean unless you want the badge, sure. Fine. But if someone had their full size GT sedan dreams crushed by the starting prices of Audi's, BMW's, and Merc's, you owe it to yourself to look at the Stinger. Okay the front of the Stinger is a touch fussy, yes but I still think it looks better than an A7 especially the rear 3/4 view.

2019-audi-a7-rear-high-resolution-photos.jpg

nydn-2018-kia-stinger-gt2-silver-rear-aerial.jpg
Funny how similar the wheels are between the two.

Have to disagree, the Audi looks much more refined and I would choose it over the Kia quickly.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Have to disagree, the Audi looks much more refined and I would choose it over the Kia quickly.
Probably a difference in taste. The A7 looks entirely way too stale for me. I like the silly aggression of the Kia. I look at an A7 and can't help but to think to myself what a lot of people probably though about drivers of C6 Vettes 12 years ago. "Old man's car with a Louisville Slugger up their butts."

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably a difference in taste. The A7 looks entirely way too stale for me. I like the silly aggression of the Kia. I look at an A7 and can't help but to think to myself what a lot of people probably though about drivers of C6 Vettes 12 years ago. "Old man's car with a Louisville Slugger up their butts."
I put up two pictures, one of an A7 and the Stinger side by side and asked which she liked better knowing she doesn't have a brand bias. She ultimately chose the Stinger.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Probably a difference in taste. The A7 looks entirely way too stale for me. I like the silly aggression of the Kia.
There's a Stinger regularly parked at the gym, I've looked at it pretty closely, there really is a ton of interesting details. Some are a little JDM-the-VTEC-kicked-in-Yo styled, but I like it better than the A7 ... now if you offered me an RS7, same price, well ... :D

Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
I like the Stinger too i went to buy one last week i ended up with a 2020 BMW 340i xDrive M-sport for the same money and the bmws was 12k more ,and a lot faster too !!

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
I like the Stinger too i went to Lease one last week i ended up with a 2020 BMW 340i xDrive M-sport for the same money and the bmws was 12k more ,and a lot faster too !!
I think the residual value kills this cars deals .I got 13% off the bmw too .

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
I think the residual value kills this cars deals .I got 13% off the bmw too .
Send me the dealer address asap. I can't find a 13% off from a BMW M340xi. I was looking at that car too. Since its just released the dealers are not budging even a tiny bit around Chicago area. BMW M340xi is probably the fastest non M BMW sedan out there. With just a JB4 tune the car puts down more than 400 whp. BMW estimates the 0-60 to be 4.1 seconds but the test results typically show couple of tenths faster in real life, which is amazing for a 4 door sedan.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
There's a Stinger regularly parked at the gym, I've looked at it pretty closely, there really is a ton of interesting details. Some are a little JDM-the-VTEC-kicked-in-Yo styled, but I like it better than the A7 ... now if you offered me an RS7, same price, well ... :D
Well...I mean the RS7 is like $130K isn't it? lol