How to install Oil Pressure Gauge

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Good luck !! You have a 2017 should be plug n play as connector for the gauge is present.
I have a set for a EURO 2015 Ecoboost (factory with PP pack but without gauges) on it's way and still trying to figure out how to get the oil pressure working.
Need a tune for the OP gauge to work
Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
I have a tune from a local tuner called BR Performance. Should be ok to swap the (original 1 wire) switch from switch mode to transducer mode.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
So you need a tune for the gauge to read? Is this something lund would do?
Thanks

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, adjustment need to be done in the tune, so you need one.
That's only for the Oil pressure gauge, Boost one is upa and runing after 4 wire connection.
Suppose every tuner can make the adjustment.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
not to hijack, but does anyone know where the other end of wiring for the pressure gauge goes to? i tore mine off..

Sponsored

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I know this is an older thread, however I'm in the process of doing this on my '18 GT (3rd gen). Figured this bit of information may help someone in the future. The oil pressure sensor on the Gen 3 is not a 1/4 NPT. It is a 12 x 1.5 and you will need this type of tee fitting (see picture and it can be had cheaper). This is not a tapered thread, therefore it is sealed with a small o-ring. You'll need to pick up an extra one at your local parts house. I got mine from O-Riley's. Also, depending on your after market gauge sensor thread size, you may need a 1/4 NPT as opposed to a 1/8 NPT. Also be advised there is not a lot of room in there, so try to keep things as small as you can. One last bit of info, you'll need a 15/16" deep socket to remove the stock pressure sensor.

*I'll update this with pictures after I finish the install tomorrow.

1634418497845.png

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I know this is an older thread, however I'm in the process of doing this on my '18 GT (3rd gen). Figured this bit of information may help someone in the future. The oil pressure sensor on the Gen 3 is not a 1/4 NPT. It is a 12 x 1.5 and you will need this type of tee fitting (see picture and it can be had cheaper). This is not a tapered thread, therefore it is sealed with a small o-ring. You'll need to pick up an extra one at your local parts house. I got mine from O-Riley's. Also, depending on your after market gauge sensor thread size, you may need a 1/4 NPT as opposed to a 1/8 NPT. Also be advised there is not a lot of room in there, so try to keep things as small as you can. One last bit of info, you'll need a 15/16" deep socket to remove the stock pressure sensor.

1634418497845.png
holy shit man, i didn’t finish this thread and I’ve been trying to hook up this oil pressure gauge on my 2021 and I’m thinking I am going crazy cuz my sensor was def not 1/4” and not 1/8”. I’m messing withit right now after ordering a bunch of fittings and shit about to have a stroke and I just seen your post… son of a bitch I wish I finished reading this thread sooner. 😭😭

thanks for this post.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase

1634418497845.png
I just got the part in today.. How did you get this to work with the sending unit? When I tighten in down, the hole is on the backside facing away from me, no way I can get back there to get the adapter and sending unit screwed in.. even if I found a shorter adapter to get in there, there would be no room for the sending unit to be screwed in.

I am just beyond frustrated with this right now, every time I think I got it figured out, it still doesn’t work out. I have all the pieces for everything to connect now, but now no damn room with the hole facing away from the little space I have to work with.

TXGTPig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just got the part in today.. How did you get this to work with the sending unit? When I tighten in down, the hole is on the backside facing away from me, no way I can get back there to get the adapter and sending unit screwed in.. even if I found a shorter adapter to get in there, there would be no room for the sending unit to be screwed in.

I am just beyond frustrated with this right now, every time I think I got it figured out, it still doesn’t work out. I have all the pieces for everything to connect now, but now no damn room with the hole facing away from the little space I have to work with.
I added a shim or two. I had the same issue. Hole was about 70° from where I needed it. I'll try to get under there tonight or tomorrow and snap a few pictures.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I added a shim or two. I had the same issue. Hole was about 70° from where I needed it. I'll try to get under there tonight or tomorrow and snap a few pictures.
I finally got it to work, after ordering a few more adapters.. and a relocation kit for the sending unit, kind of feels rigged, but its holding up.. would be much better if I was only using the one adapter tho, but not possible at all from my experience.. Definitely was a pain in the ass.

Sponsored

RonnieG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Did You ever get a chance to take some photos? Just purchased an oil pressure gauge for my 2018 GT and going to tackle this later this month. Thanks.

RonnieG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I finally got it to work, after ordering a few more adapters.. and a relocation kit for the sending unit, kind of feels rigged, but its holding up.. would be much better if I was only using the one adapter tho, but not possible at all from my experience.. Definitely was a pain in the ass.
Hey do you have photos of your setup? I'd like to know what I'll need when I do mine, thanks.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey do you have photos of your setup? I'd like to know what I'll need when I do mine, thanks.
Not at the moment.. I am off tomorrow, I can go out there and grab some photos if you want me to.. it was a pain. Probably not as bad if you have a lift, doing it in the driveway on my back was not ideal... if anyone knows of a better way to rig up the NPT fittings that would make me feel better.. but as of now mine is holding up so far.

RonnieG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Not at the moment.. I am off tomorrow, I can go out there and grab some photos if you want me to.. it was a pain. Probably not as bad if you have a lift, doing it in the driveway on my back was not ideal... if anyone knows of a better way to rig up the NPT fittings that would make me feel better.. but as of now mine is holding up so far.
Yeah if you wouldn't mind taking some pics, I'll be working on my driveway too..

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah if you wouldn't mind taking some pics, I'll be working on my driveway too..
This is what mine looks like. I had to use like 4 diffeRent pieces to make it work. Stock unit at the end on the left. Sending unit relocation line up top there.. mounted the sending unit by my air box since it was easy and already a hole there. Sorry the last photo is blurry but you get the picture.

If you or anyone has a cleaner setup down below I am open to suggestions.. I’m not a fan of using so many different adapters but so far it’s working.

6A08462F-0795-424F-85DF-FD7504E482D4.jpeg
7E922781-FD2B-4F64-8E9A-74529D8880DA.jpeg
FD6D44D0-FDE0-4AAF-8385-A3F22AE942E8.jpeg
Sponsored