Min Ahn

Min Ahn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Min
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
A tab probably broke on that trim piece during installation or during transit. Like mentioned earlier, take it to your local dealer. The car is under warranty. Let Ford worry about it.
Alright this seems like the only reasonable option so far since I don’t have the tools to both take it apart and seal it :/
Sponsored

OP
OP
Min Ahn

Min Ahn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Min
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Found
One
Rattle
Daily
:crackup:

I have one on the B&O center dash speaker plastic piece....Will let the dealer play with it at the next maintenance.
LMFAO nice one

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Friend had same issue with his ecoboost. Dealer fixed it no charge. It was also brand new.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Mine is just over a month old and less than 600 miles. I have have some noise from trans or clutch it seems like to me. I'm thinking it will need a visit to the dealership soon.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
rattles UGH...Ford
Ford, Chevy, Mercedes, BMW, Bentley, they all have them. My fathers Lexus had the worst rattles of any car I have ever rode in, my '69 SS 396 Chevelle had less rattles. I once rode in a guys Bentley and the guy stated how quiet it was, I asked him if he heard the rattle and he said "no, I have bad hearing" which pretty much solves the problem. My problem is I have scary good hearing so if a car makes any noise I hear it. So far, my 2018 GT is 99% rattle free after a year and 5k miles but I know they'll show up sooner or later.

Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
just took apart the whole gauge cluster trim and cluster out of my 17. i even took the rings off the cluster bezel to track down a very annoying rattle. ended up using foam tape in various places including behind the cluster and other various places i imagined rubbing noises and rattles could occur.

all said and done it's better. still have a rattle here and there but much improved. pita though.

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
Ford, Chevy, Mercedes, BMW, Bentley, they all have them. My fathers Lexus had the worst rattles of any car I have ever rode in, my '69 SS 396 Chevelle had less rattles. I once rode in a guys Bentley and the guy stated how quiet it was, I asked him if he heard the rattle and he said "no, I have bad hearing" which pretty much solves the problem. My problem is I have scary good hearing so if a car makes any noise I hear it. So far, my 2018 GT is 99% rattle free after a year and 5k miles but I know they'll show up sooner or later.
At least the 69SS no one gave a shit because a BBC engine sounds so good who cared

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
One can always turn up the radio too.

For me, I have a agonizing, and somewhat loud, rattle around the firewall, internal or external, I just don't know. I may have found it today (the washer "plumbing"). It may be "bouncing/vibrating" on very bumpy roads. Definitely flops around in the hood behind the liner. Freaking Ford needs to do waaaay better with NVH. I am a guy who'll accept a lot of NVH due to a tight suspension, but my tolerance only goes so far.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Ford, Chevy, Mercedes, BMW, Bentley, they all have them.
My Mercedes (2014 model) developed the worst rattle I ever had, and I had that car from new. My BMW also developed a couple annoying rattles. I used to think other brands did it better. They don't. Rattling is part of car ownership. Eventually.

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I had a 14 Honda Accord (new) that was a rattle trap. I'm in a Jetta right now and oddly enough that thing is a tank. 100% rattle free. Just getting my quiet-time in before the GT arrives in July, LOL!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For forward facing rattles - which some think is the dash or something behind the dash- do this:

Pop your hood, tap on the black plastic cowl panel at base of windshield. Sound like your rattle?

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Since his signature says 2019 Ecoboost I guess this is just example picture of the problem area.
But the pictures shows PRNDL and a manual shifter.

I've got it. The OP stuck a Bullett emblem on his steering wheel then retrofitted the 12" gauges and doesn't have all the settings (e.g. type of trans) right yet.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Photo in OP is just some stock photo somewhere by doing a google photo search.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
One can always turn up the radio too.

For me, I have a agonizing, and somewhat loud, rattle around the firewall, internal or external, I just don't know. I may have found it today (the washer "plumbing"). It may be "bouncing/vibrating" on very bumpy roads. Definitely flops around in the hood behind the liner. Freaking Ford needs to do waaaay better with NVH. I am a guy who'll accept a lot of NVH due to a tight suspension, but my tolerance only goes so far.
Posted new Threat. Ford says my OE strut mounts have gone bad. Newly designed part coming out.
Sponsored