Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit (15-19 All)

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
First autocross today with these installed. Looking forward to seeing how it really feels at the limit (really can't get there on the street safely or for more than a brief moment)!
So... how did it go? I have noticed a rather significant difference on the street but I'm with you, track is only place I would feel comfortable really pushing it hard.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So... how did it go? I have noticed a rather significant difference on the street but I'm with you, track is only place I would feel comfortable really pushing it hard.
It went well. The course was quite slow and tight...not ideal for big fat ponies. Even so I took 2nd in CAMC of 6, and 18th overall out of 70 competitors. Once I started getting the front tires switched on in the afternoon, the car was really working well. It stayed flatter and was more responsive in slaloms. I think where these arms really showed an improvement were the brief fast(er) sections of the course. I definitely need a stiffer front bar, and I desperately need the more aggressive gearing and better traction of the 3.73 torsen pumpkin that's in my garage. Gotta get that installed...

Last edited:

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
It went well. The course was quite slow and tight...not ideal for big fat ponies. Even so I took 2nd in CAMC of 6, and 18th overall out of 70 competitors. Once I started getting the front tires switched on in the afternoon, the car was really working well. It stayed flatter and was more responsive in slaloms. I think where these arms really showed an improvement were the brief fast(er) sections of the course. I definitely need a stiffer front bar, and I desperately need the more aggressive gearing and better traction of the 3.73 torsen pumpkin that's in my garage. Gotta get that installed...

Free mod: try moving your seatback up a few inches. Nice clean run regardless.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Free mod: try moving your seatback up a few inches. Nice clean run regardless.
I already have a Scrotch quickfit pro harness in the car and sit pretty close to the wheel.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Another great performance by Dennis Healy using our
Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit (15-18 All)

Best CAM-C Day #2 run - still time to be found, but kept it clean and fast to take the win by 2.4s Dennis Healy
Congratulations
Dennis, Team Steeda!!

Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Is the method of toe adjustment the same as with OEM tie-rod ends? Meaning that you screw in or out the tie rod itself and leave the rod-end fully inserted into the coupling nut?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Yes and there is two lock down nuts instead of the oem one. Instead of it extending or retracting on one set of threads like oem, it will now be on a dual set making the adjustment more reactive.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Instructions for install

Attachments

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes and there is two lock down nuts instead of the oem one. Instead of it extending or retracting on one set of threads like oem, it will now be on a dual set making the adjustment more reactive.
Instructions for install
The instructions aren't super clear to me. Reads like you are supposed to thread the rod-end in all the way and maybe just adjust the inner tie-rod. That's what I did.

In any case, I didn't think I had much bump-steer going on and the lively feeling the car had was from my extreme setup choices so, I sat on this kit for almost a year. Only recently put it in and now the car is kind of boring to drive on the street, lol. It just nicely rolls down the road and simply soaks up the bumps.

I just setup the tie-rod arm to be parallel, maybe just a hair up from Steeda roll-center correction control arm.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
You are correct.
The instructions aren't super clear to me. Reads like you are supposed to thread the rod-end in all the way and maybe just adjust the inner tie-rod. That's what I did.
You are correct.

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bump Steer Correction Kit (15-18 All)

Hi everyone, this is a must have for you serious road handling guys out there!
Improved lap times by over one second in competition! pm Steeda Tech for special pricing!

By lowering your S550 Mustang, you have consequently lowered the front roll center and introduced more pronounced bumpsteer. This leads to symptoms you have likely experienced: reduced steering response, increased body roll, and reduced cornering grip.

With an increased ball stud height, Steeda's Lateral Link (555 4906) has eliminated the adverse effects of lowering your vehicle by raising the front roll center. This, in turn, helps to increase steering response, decrease body roll, and increase cornering grip, helping you turn even better lap times! Coupled with our S550 Bumpsteer Kit (555 8133), your front suspension geometry will remain intact, with a significant reduction in bumpsteer.

These are a must for any S550 Mustang owner looking a bolt-on suspension upgrade to increase handling performance.

Product Benefits:

Corrects the front roll center on vehicles lowered 0.5" or more
Reduces bumpsteer
Increases steering wheel responsiveness
Decreases body roll
Improves tire contact patch with the road
Increased cornering grip
Sold as pair
lateral and tension.jpg
Is this kit for magneride? I don't recall seeing it mentioned that magneride equipped S550s can use this kit.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Is this kit for magneride? I don't recall seeing it mentioned that magneride equipped S550s can use this kit.
Stock height cars wouldn't use roll center correction and probably wouldn't need bumpsteer correction.

Norm

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Stock height cars wouldn't use roll center correction and probably wouldn't need bumpsteer correction.

Norm
I have the FP M-5300-W springs on. Lowered 20mm. Not a big drop but did seem to induce some more bump steer. What do you think about the bump steer kit with the tension link for magneride? Worth the effort?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I have the FP M-5300-W springs on. Lowered 20mm. Not a big drop but did seem to induce some more bump steer. What do you think about the bump steer kit with the tension link for magneride? Worth the effort?
That's within the range of lowering where Steeda feels that it would be of advantage (more than about 1/2"). If the roll center correction kit was optimized for around an inch, it would probably be closer to correct than working with the original optimized for no drop at all. Tension link I'm not sure about. If its bushings are much stiffer than OE, I'd expect ride quality to take a hit.

Norm