Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I respect your effort, but this thread will go the way of all the others.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I have put together a method to start capturing GT350 data by Chassis #.

Click to enter your GT350 data

Click to view GT350 data visuals

Click to view entry log to include cleansed data

This is the first iteration and will be improved upon, If you have suggestions please let me know.

Please pass this on to other GT350 owners so we can begin to end the hysteria associated with these amazing cars or finally face that there is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.
So you aren't capturing engine replacement due to excessive oil consumption (which I don't consider as "engine failure")?

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don't think this is a misguided effort and thank OP for trying it. I don't think in any way this will be statistically significant nor do I imagine it was intended to be. It's usefulness will be determined by the number of people who respond. Many of us are concerned about how much oil this engine uses, despite what Ford says is normal. There is some comfort in knowing that even if you use a quart say every 1200 miles 30% of owners are in your shoes and only a small percentage of engines have been replaced.

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I respect your effort, but this thread will go the way of all the others.
What sets this effort apart is tracking by Chassis number in a single centralized place. Currently we have random, polls, threads and spreadsheets without an ID for each time someone says their engine popped.

So you aren't capturing engine replacement due to excessive oil consumption (which I don't consider as "engine failure")?
I certainly can add it but figured it would be covered under oil consumption (under 500 miles per quart) and/or loss of oil engine replacement.

I don't think this is a misguided effort and thank OP for trying it. I don't think in any way this will be statistically significant nor do I imagine it was intended to be. It's usefulness will be determined by the number of people who respond. Many of us are concerned about how much oil this engine uses, despite what Ford says is normal. There is some comfort in knowing that even if you use a quart say every 1200 miles 30% of owners are in your shoes and only a small percentage of engines have been replaced.
This IS intended to be statistically important, instead of the numerous threads, polls and Facebook groups where duplication of data is occurring. As of now the same people are posting in these hysteria threads and making it seem that the number of oil consumption and engine failure chassis is higher than it is. If we can get 500-1,000 entries that is a really good sample of data.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Part of the problem is many of us that had these issues have moved on. I check back now and then, but many do not and just left Ford and the forum altogether. You can see it in the "poll" numbers in the other thread. The number of respondents to that poll are very low compared to how many reported failures here in the past.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Update on motor # 2 (replaced in Feb, motor built dec 2018):

1. At 4000 miles - zero oil consumption. I mean nothing - no change at all in oil level. This is strange to see after watching the first motor drink oil to the tune of 1 qt per 230 miles. And the first motor was starting to consume oil at a rate of 1 qt/1500 miles by 4000 miles.

2. Less oil found in passenger side catch can.

3. Much less black soot on exhaust tips. And I am making her pop and backfire as much as possible.
Sponsored