AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X
Hi,

Any idea how long it should take from getting a VIN to a window sticker for a UK car. I received a partial vin about a month ago now and I can see the car on ETIS but no details there. From what I read it doesn't normally seem to take long from VIN to window sticker.

Not sure if they do a batch of RHD cars all together and maybe that's what's holding it up waiting for an RHD build slot, dealer has no info at all.

Many thanks

Andy
Sponsored

Damo66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Has the dealer given you the last 11 digits of the VIN

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Has the dealer given you the last 11 digits of the VIN
Yep, quite a few weeks ago, and thanks to the helpful threads on here was able to determine the full VIN but no sign of a window sticker yet, maybe this is just normal?

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
It can take a long time from VIN to window sticker. Dealer should be able to give you an estimated build date and the window sticker will appear in the week before that. As an example, I got my VIN in early Nov last year with estimated build date of 21st Jan this year, and window sticker appeared on 17th Jan.

Sponsored

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
It can take a long time from VIN to window sticker. Dealer should be able to give you an estimated build date and the window sticker will appear in the week before that. As an example, I got my VIN in early Nov last year with estimated build date of 21st Jan this year, and window sticker appeared on 17th Jan.
Ahh ok, so this sounds perfectly normal then, thanks for that, I can stop worrying something has gone wrong with my order then. Thanks.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Mine took 7 weeks from VIN to window sticker then another 6 weeks from being built to leaving the damn factory.... :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mine took 7 weeks from VIN to window sticker then another 6 weeks from being built to leaving the damn factory.... :)
My VIN is no longer showing up on ETIS and the dealer says there is no data on the vehicle on his system anymore, I do hope this doesn't mean Ford have cancelled my order for some reason as I read some people on hear had orders cancelled in the past :frown:

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
My VIN is no longer showing up on ETIS and the dealer says there is no data on the vehicle on his system anymore, I do hope this doesn't mean Ford have cancelled my order for some reason as I read some people on hear had orders cancelled in the past :frown:
Try using https://modernmusclecars.de/tools/mustangtracker

You can see if the "extended status" says canceled

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Oh no, that site says it's cancelled, WTF :crying::crying:. How can my dealer not even see this

Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Oh no, that site says it's cancelled, WTF :crying::crying:. How can my dealer not even see this
Sadly most of the dealers don't seem to be very well informed. Have you asked your dealer to check stock at other dealers? When my custom order was delayed they tracked down an identical spec car (apart from colour) at another dealer, which I bought. Based on the German site, my custom order did eventually reach the US port in early April, so should be in the UK and may now be sitting in dealer stock at Trustford Dagenham!

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
It could just be delayed, there was a rumor all euro cars were delayed and some showed canceled as the status. I also had another euro vin that said canceled when I checked just now it wasn't in the system anymore...

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Fingers crossed, but not looking good is it.Don't think I've got the stomach to start it all over again, only last month I was given an ETA of August

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Fingers crossed, but not looking good is it.Don't think I've got the stomach to start it all over again, only last month I was given an ETA of August
Have you tried emailing [email protected] for an update, assuming that mailbox is still monitored?

OP
OP

AndyT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Didn't know that existed, will give it a try, thanks
Sponsored