Sponsored

Made 471whp with PBD E85 tune, JLT Intake and Texas Speed headers/xpipe (catted)

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Well not my money. I bought the shield myself for about $35 vs their precut $99.95 piece. $35 wasn’t going to break the bank so gave it a try. The wrap on the intake did help for a fact.

The box works fine for me, I just don’t use their supplied filter. No fitment issues either.
Yeah, intake wrap will help as the IAT's are measured up front. Even if the wrap does cool down the air even the slightest bit, the ECU won't know how to adjust for it without having a sensor there.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I talked to Trevor at PBD and this is as good as it's gonna get, no more revisions needed.

So with JLT intake, Texas speed headers and xpipe (high flow cats), straight E85 tune and full weight (including full tank of E85 that tested 88% ethanol), and 305 NT05Rs drag radials on stock 19x9.5 wheels I did 11.78 @ 122 on the street. This was around 10:30 at night with temps around 75 degrees.

I am wondering what else I can do N/A to get that time/trap speed up at full weight. The only thing I'm missing top of my head would be going catless xpipe and ported intake manifold. But that would be 10hp at most maybe? I'd be open to weight reduction that doesn't involve taking out the seats. Racing at half tank will save about 52 lbs, though that's not something I would want to depend on, especially with E85.

I've read going to 4.09 increases acceleration significantly, but it pretty much closes the door on going boosted. I'm also at 3.55 already. I really would like to hit a 125/126 trap (regardless of time) under the same conditions, which is good roll racing territory here in Florida.
QA1 CF DS, Eradispeed light weight rotors (assuming you have pp1), forged light weight wheels. Just some options. I'd still consider that full weight as you're not sacrificing functionality like seats etc.

Plus if going FI not mods to detract from that.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I'd leave the gearing alone. Lighter wheels will help. 2 piece rotors. I went with steeda rotors which are roughly 9.5lbs lighter per side on the front. With a drag pack, I'm hoping the car runs 11.50s full weight.

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
Thanks for the tips. I noticed no one mentioned catbacks. In my case it would be an axleback, since i already have the headers and xpipe but mated to the stock exhaust. No further gains with an aftermarket axle back?

Car only has 1,000 miles but already looking at supercharger kits to go on next if N/A is pretty much at a plateau.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thanks for the tips. I noticed no one mentioned catbacks. In my case it would be an axleback, since i already have the headers and xpipe but mated to the stock exhaust. No further gains with an aftermarket axle back?

Car only has 1,000 miles but already looking at supercharger kits to go on next if N/A is pretty much at a plateau.
There is no gains from a 2.5 catback. Maybe pick up a little up top with a full 3” system.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I think optimizing the shift point could help some more. I think the optimum shift point judging by that dynograph is somewhere around 7500 or maybe even slightly lower for atleast 4-5-6th gears, not entirely sure about 1-2-3. Also I am not sure if they can change shift points for individual gears? From that dyno it looks like you are making more power and a lot more torque even around 5800 than above 7600. I think thats normal and expected from these mods , I can feel the power drop off too after 7500 so I had mine lowered to 7500. I have no timed results though yet. It seems like as long as the shift doesnt take you below 5800 rpm then its better to shift before 7600 rpm, unless I am misunderstanding something.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Hey I live near you(Clermont). I also got an A10 GT Premium w/ PP1 and a Lund Flex tune but holy christ I had so many issues running E85. I would get idle surging, misfire codes, stuff like that. I've been sending logs to Lund about it but eventually gave up and put the 93 tune back on to prevent any possible damage to the engine.

Been hearing a lot of good stuff from PBD, but it's quite the trek to make to get dyno tuned but it looks like I might need to bite the bullet. I'm tired of sending logs to Lund and generally think I bought a $700 paperweight

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Hey I live near you(Clermont). I also got an A10 GT Premium w/ PP1 and a Lund Flextune but holy christ I had so many issues running E85. I would get idle surging, misfire codes, stuff like that. I'v been sending logs to Lund about it but eventually give up and put the 93 tune back on to prevent any possible damage to the engine.

Been hearing a lot of good stuff from PBD, but it's quite the trek to make to get dyno tuned but it looks like I might need to bite the bullet. I'm tired of sending logs to Lund and generally think I bought a $700 paperweight
Can consider email tune from AED or PBD and can avoid the trek. What you describe should not happen.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Can consider email tune from AED or PBD and can avoid the trek. What you describe should not happen.
I went ahead and used their(PBD) contact form and explained my situation. Hopefully they can get me set up!

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
Hey I live near you(Clermont). I also got an A10 GT Premium w/ PP1 and a Lund Flex tune but holy christ I had so many issues running E85. I would get idle surging, misfire codes, stuff like that. I've been sending logs to Lund about it but eventually gave up and put the 93 tune back on to prevent any possible damage to the engine.

It's also a trek for me to PBD, so I just did a remote tune with them. Also, did you test your E85? Maybe it wasn't good fuel.

I would recommend the Florida E85 group for the best locations.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
From the photo you posted earlier Sammy it looked like you get e85 from the RaceTrac on Narcoossee. I've been getting e85 there for years for my tuned Focus ST and RS and it's always tested e81+ from my experience. Can't wait to get the mustang going on e85!

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
From the photo you posted earlier Sammy it looked like you get e85 from the RaceTrac on Narcoossee. I've been getting e85 there for years for my tuned Focus ST and RS and it's always tested e81+ from my experience. Can't wait to get the mustang going on e85!
I get it from Wawa by the airport now. Much better E85 quality and tests right at E85, and is very clear unlike Narcoosee. Also, Racetrac is going to be removing the E85 pumps soon if they haven't already, sticking only to E15.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
I get it from Wawa by the airport now. Much better E85 quality and tests right at E85, and is very clear unlike Narcoosee. Also, Racetrac is going to be removing the E85 pumps soon if they haven't already, sticking only to E15.
Good to know and i'll try it out, thanks for the insight.
Sponsored