Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

wilsons550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wilson
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah man it was a little bit longer than I anticipated. Granted I did the G2 paint and then let it dry a day before using spray over the G2 to get the blue color I wanted.

@wilsons550 looks good. How long did it take you?
It took one day to dismantle and remove the rotors before painting, clean and wire brush the calipers and re-sanding the 2 calipers i messed up. Around a few hours to paint the calipers the next day. How about you?
Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I really want to paint my calipers, but I'm too lazy to do it and too cheap to have it done (same with racing stripes haha)
This brings up a question - I saw painted caliper covers that bolt on. Are those real cheezy , okay, orjust frowned upon phoney baloney

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
It took one day to dismantle and remove the rotors before painting, clean and wire brush the calipers and re-sanding the 2 calipers i messed up. Around a few hours to paint the calipers the next day. How about you?
Ah you took them off. In hindsight I wish I would’ve. Hell I wish I would’ve done the powder coating lol

I spent about ten hours total and most of that was the prep work of taping for the layers of spray paint.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
This brings up a question - I saw painted caliper covers that bolt on. Are those real cheezy , okay, orjust frowned upon phoney baloney
I’ve seen them in person and wasn’t a fan. They looked bulky to me.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I had to try a couple of times, since this is my first manual car (and sports car, for that matter), and for some reason it didn't occur to me that the handbrake wouldn't let me 'activate' the line lock. But once I tried it without the handbrake, oh boy, I felt like a sixth grader in love sitting next to his crush... Blushing and butterflies and all, hahaha
Did you take the traction control off ? I read you should do that.

Thanks for the reassurance on the caliper covers bjstang - I'm still not sure. I like the color but they look a bit bulky in pics. Hopefully I see some in person soon.

Sponsored

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
Had a Borla S Type catback installed. Going to try it for a couple weeks, but might order the resonator to quite it down a little. We had the Touring on the last Mustang, but Borla doesn’t offer it as a kit anymore.

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Eh, I think they don't look good, IMHO I'd rather have the stock grey caliper than those chunky amorphous ones, just my 2 cents. Having said that, I saw some on ebay that looked more like calipers (but I'd try to remove the fake Brembo logo), but I was reading that supposedly, caliper covers (especially the cheaper ebay ones) can affect braking performance due to over-heating of the calipers.

My other problem is that I don't know what color to paint the calipers on a Triple Yellow Mustang... I was thinking either red, yellow or black. I'm open to other suggestion, tho.

Did you take the traction control off ? I read you should do that.

Thanks for the reassurance on the caliper covers bjstang - I'm still not sure. I like the color but they look a bit bulky in pics. Hopefully I see some in person soon.
Well, I put it in Track mode, so the TC should've been off. But I've heard that the car doesn't need to be in Track mode to unlock Line Lock

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
Is there a show or something in Nashville?
just a wedding that I have to attend. But i'm just excited to take my Mustang on a long road trip :crackup:

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your post amorphous one :crackup: That is exactly what we don't want. Back to my red stripes project...

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is like new - 2800 miles

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
Monday I did a few minor things...

Dual Horn
Steeda Clutch Spring Assembly