Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Yes, I jumped to the dark side. I am collecting the car next week in London. I wanted an LHD and the Camaro was the only option considering the price of importing an LHD GT to the UK. I sold the Mustang EB in Greece and with the money that I got I bought an automatic Camaro SS, with all the extras (Magna-ride, active exhaust, Recaro seats, etc), without spending an extra penny! I had the opportunity to do a test drive and this is a monster. I will miss my Mustang a lot, but I have to say that nothing compares to the feeling of driving a V8. The car handles well and the sound is incredible with the valves open.

I will miss the super active and fantastic Mustang community and the car a lot, but hey, I am a great fan of American cars and I like the opportunity of owning another one. I am moving to the UK soon and my intention is to join some of your events and meet you guys in person, although from the seat of a Camaro! I suppose you will have to organise a β€œRace-that-Camaro” happening in all your events and invite me in order for me to be able to get a permit to attend your gatherings, lol!

Last edited:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo

I was lucky with my CS went though Canada, if it was now might be a different story, my car 3 years on, is now cheaper then a Euro spec, and has 6k worth of extras
Did u phone the dealers I mentioned? They have lefty S550s in the UK

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yes I did and thank you for that. They don’t have lefties, they had to import one for me. The cheapest I could get an LHD Mustang GT (without magna-ride and all the extras) was Β£55.000 and on top of that I wouldn’t get any warranty, so I would have to buy one! The SS cost me Β£45.000, with all extras, plus the Recaro seats.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes I did and thank you for that. They don’t have lefties, they had to import one for me. The cheapest I could get an LHD Mustang GT (without magna-ride and all the extras) was Β£55.000 and on top of that I wouldn’t get any warranty, so I would have to buy one! The SS cost me Β£45.000, with all extras, plus the Recaro seats.
Congrats on the SS! Who did you but through out of interest? Asking for a friend! Is it the 2019 face lift?

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Yes, I jumped to the dark side. I am collecting the car next week in London. I wanted an LHD and the Camaro was the only option considering the price of importing an LHD GT to the UK. I sold the Mustang EB in Greece and with the money that I got I bought an automatic Camaro SS, with the all the extras (Magna-ride, active exhaust, Recaro seats, etc), without spending an extra penny! I had the opportunity to do a test drive and this is a monster. I will miss my Mustang a lot, but I have to say that nothing compares to the feeling of driving a V8. The car handles well and the sound is incredible with the valves open.
Congrats, great car!
You should certainly stick around.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @Kristian87. I bought it from Ian Allan Motors in Surrey (https://www.ianallanvirginiawater.co.uk). It's the 2018 model. It seems that the 2019 facelift will not be imported to the UK, probably not even in Europe, due to emissions regulations. And I am glad, because the 2019 facelift doesn't look as good as the 2018.

Tell your friend the car is absolutely fantastic :wink:

Keep in mind though that it's a lefty. They don't import RHDs.

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Congrats, great car!
You should certainly stick around.
Thanks alot @SteveS . I will definitely stick around now that I am moving to the UK (if you want me to that is). You are an absolutely fantastic and active group. Seriously, consider this "Race-that-freekin-Camaro" event in your gatherings, this will be fun!

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

Cant argue with a 10k saving, if my CS was 55 or 60k would not entertain it. As for the warranty Boatwrights give you a 3 year Auto Protect policy
Happy driving, but it's not a Stang

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
It's not a Stang, it's true... :frown:

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks @Kristian87. I bought it from Ian Allan Motors in Surrey (https://www.ianallanvirginiawater.co.uk). It's the 2018 model. It seems that the 2019 facelift will not be imported to the UK, probably not even in Europe, due to emissions regulations. And I am glad, because the 2019 facelift doesn't look as good as the 2018.

Tell your friend the car is absolutely fantastic :wink:

Keep in mind though that it's a lefty. They don't import RHDs.
Interesting. My friend made a quick stop at that particular dealership a week or so ago & wasn't impressed with the sales rep there! I think he was also told the 2019 model will not be coming...

The Camaro is a great choice, I'm a big American car fan too - being comfortable with a LHD I think you made the right decision! Another Mustang would have been too much of the same thing.

If you are picking up next week, have you thought about heading to American Speedfest at the weekend? It's my favorite event of the year - lots of Camaros & Mustangs, old & new, plus every Classic American car you can think of! It's Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd June. https://www.speedfest.co.uk

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Another Mustang would have been too much of the same thing.
That's exactly what I thought too.

If you are picking up next week, have you thought about heading to American Speedfest at the weekend? It's my favorite event of the year - lots of Camaros & Mustangs, old & new, plus every Classic American car you can think of! It's Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd June. https://www.speedfest.co.uk
Yes most probably I will be there with another friend of mine who drives a 2018 Camaro SS as well. We will try to make it on Saturday. Are you going there too? If yes, look out for two black Camaros! In any case I will see you guys soon as my plan is to attend the Mustangs Unleashed events, even with a Camaro. I want @Manders Mustang to make fun of me, lol!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That's exactly what I thought too.

Yes most probably I will be there with another friend of mine who drives a 2018 Camaro SS as well. We will try to make it on Saturday. Are you going there too? If yes, look out for two black Camaros! In any case I will see you guys soon as my plannis to attend the Mustangs Unleashed events, even with a Camaro. I want @Manders Mustang to make fun if me, lol!
I will be there, but only on Sunday - booked my ticket today :)

Let me know if you can make the Sunday, be good to see a Camaro close up, and talk Ecoboost Mustangs :sunglasses:

OP
OP
MakStang

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
OK, let me see what I can do. Will get back to you on that.

BTW, I absolutely loved my EcoBoost, it was a fantastic car and I had a great time with it. The only reason I sold it was because I am moving to the UK. I preferred to sell it in Greece rather than taking it with me, because car prices are much higher here. This way I had the opportunity to buy a V8 in the UK without spending an extra penny, lol!

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did I hear correctly that Australia is getting a rhd GT350 and Camaro ?
Sponsored