Sponsored

2018 GT MT82 1-2 shift impossible at high RPM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I put in a Barton Hybrid 3, still cant do a 1-2 shift at high RPM.... and now I installed a trans mount void insert from Whiteline.....still cant 1-2 shift at high RPM, oh and now the car vibrates like a motherfucker. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO A 1-2 SHIFT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.......WTF!!!????
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Take it to the dealership.

After you return it to stock.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What do you consider high RPM? I can shift no problem at 7k. As Nova said, take it to the dealer once you take off the mods.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I put in a Barton Hybrid 3, still cant do a 1-2 shift at high RPM.... and now I installed a trans mount void insert from Whiteline.....still cant 1-2 shift at high RPM, oh and now the car vibrates like a motherfucker. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO A 1-2 SHIFT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.......WTF!!!????
Get rid of that trans mount insert and transmission mount the shifter. Add BG Syncroshift II fluid.

Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
do what i did .when you want a smooth shifting transmission as high as 8500 rpm without a hiccup ..Swap to a T56-Magnum XL 2.97 1st gear .Best transmission i ever owned !! Internal rail shifter with no External linkage and it doesn't change geometry when under load ..no vibrations and actually almost impossible to ever miss a gear even third .

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
It's a protection feature hehe.

All kidding aside, try a different fluid than the factory fill to see if that cures your issue. If not, you need a harder material trans mount(and might as well get upgraded motor mounts too) to keep everything in place. The stock mounts are meant to keep NVH down. They are just too soft though.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Same, I’ve lived with it for over a year. Ford said shifting over 7k was not normal operating range, only “racing”. Fact is replacing the clutch that’s suppose to fix it with another stock may/may not help. MGW did nothing, new amsoil cocktail did nothing. The Steeda clutch line helped a lot but still not as fast as it should be. I’ve been in 2 other GT’s and no problem. Can shift as fast as I want. No lift it’s fine. Mine couldn’t shift over 6300 any where near quick or it would grind or stay locked out.

Honestly I’m waiting for the shift fork to go then doing a mantic. Clutch is “suppose to fix” it. But hard to throw 2k+ down on a maybe

VelocityB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT
I had the same issue so I traded the 18 in on a premium velocity blue 19 with auto. Shifting is awesome in a manual but that mt82 needs help.

Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
the mantic will work because its a smaller diameter which equals less centrifugal force and will disengage and release much faster and more thoroughly which will stop the grind .i used a mantic 9000 in my 2014 1000 hp 1LE build it was a great clutch

OP
OP
Shdwblk_18s550GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok so after a few tantrums, I decided to go body mounted with the Barton instead of trans mounted and that seems to be the solution. Still getting used to the shorter throw but I can row thru gears like a boss now no matter how high the rpm.I dont even mind the vibration as it is minimal....I was just being an exaggerating lil girl cuz I was mad........its all good now.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Ok so after a few tantrums, I decided to go body mounted with the Barton instead of trans mounted and that seems to be the solution. Still getting used to the shorter throw but I can row thru gears like a boss now no matter how high the rpm.I dont even mind the vibration as it is minimal....I was just being an exaggerating lil girl cuz I was mad........its all good now.
I like your honesty. It's refreshing.

Glad you got it figured out.

Wile-E Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT PP
i had the same problem, i installed a steeda race shifter and it went away. On the bartons there is some adjustment on the main block of the shifter, you may need to shift yours to the side to "tune" the shifter.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I have the hybrid Barton 3 body mounted as well (ecoboost premium) I love the feel, no issues w shifting. Throwing into reverse is a little tougher than stock, safety feature though. Used to be butter

Now it’s butter but the butter is cold instead melted lol. Gotta give it a nice push over for it to pass the reverse jump. Smooth none the less
Sponsored