Sponsored

Dealership drove my car 88 miles!!!

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Yeah - the people who have no issue with the car being driven 88 miles I don't understand.

Diagnostic drives are a given. But not 88 miles worth. I'd even question 20 miles worth of driving (depending on the issue). Granted mine was driven about 4 miles because the issue (trans) was easy to diagnose. But 88 miles is excessive.
Sponsored

bomlodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 SVO, 2015 GT/PP
If you're absolutely positive that you have any new or lingering issues after the dealership worked on your car, then take it back to them. Always zero out any telemetry gauges prior to doing so and record the mileage but take it back nonetheless and MAKE them fix it especially if it's still under warranty coverage. There is absolutely no reason to beat a customer's car like a rental attempting to diagnose ANY issue. If the tech needed 88 miles to diagnose the issue, that's a technician aptitude problem. The service tech didn't do anything wrong by putting 88 miles on the car but 88 miles is a joyride, not a test ride and the're not bullshitting anyone by indicating otherwise.

Ultimately, we live in a highly connected world. If you're not happy with the level of service from this dealership, take your money elsewhere and leave an honest but negative review in its place. Sites like Yelp and Google reach a lot of people and folks do read these things, deciding where to spend their money based on those reviews.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
People on this forum have such compassion it's amazing. It's a matter of principles, something clearly lacking in today's world. And as stated multiple times already, the "88 miles" issue was just one of MANY other larger issues (including lack of warranty service that eventually led to critical engine damage to my car, leaving me with the headache and waste of my time having to deal with repairs/RAV)
And you're right. I am getting rid of the car, and staying away from Ford due to this entire experience, as they clearly don't give two shits about how their dealerships treat their paying customers.
Principals are not something I'd ever expect from a dealership. They're all crap, and they should be dealt with with that in mind. When I take my car in, I tell them NO test drives.

Your stress and frustration is clear, and it's understandable that you're pissed. But none of this really matters at this point. Principals be damned, you just need to get rid of that car and end the headache.

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Principals are not something I'd ever expect from a dealership. They're all crap, and they should be dealt with with that in mind. When I take my car in, I tell them NO test drives.

Your stress and frustration is clear, and it's understandable that you're pissed. But none of this really matters at this point. Principals be damned, you just need to get rid of that car and end the headache.
You are correct. And that's essentially my plan. I honestly just want the headache to be done with. The sad thing is I never thought that I would fall "out of love" with this car, and was planning to make it my super build. But since the whole ordeal started, it's hard to view it in the same positive light. But anyways, here's hoping the next car won't be as stress inducing. Definitely have plenty of other sources for that in my life.

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you're absolutely positive that you have any new or lingering issues after the dealership worked on your car, then take it back to them. Always zero out any telemetry gauges prior to doing so and record the mileage but take it back nonetheless and MAKE them fix it especially if it's still under warranty coverage. There is absolutely no reason to beat a customer's car like a rental attempting to diagnose ANY issue. If the tech needed 88 miles to diagnose the issue, that's a technician aptitude problem. The service tech didn't do anything wrong by putting 88 miles on the car but 88 miles is a joyride, not a test ride and the're not bullshitting anyone by indicating otherwise.

Ultimately, we live in a highly connected world. If you're not happy with the level of service from this dealership, take your money elsewhere and leave an honest but negative review in its place. Sites like Yelp and Google reach a lot of people and folks do read these things, deciding where to spend their money based on those reviews.
And that is exactly what I am planning on doing. Again, by reporting this dealership, I'm hoping to bring light to Ford HQ in regards to their malpractice, as well as to possibly prevent having anyone else deal with their service, or absolute lack thereof.
I am in fact planning on taking my service elsewhere and posting a negative review (of which plenty already exist). But this just shows that Ford HQ should be concerned, seeing as this dealership is tarnishing their name, which is usually a big no-no for any company. And yes, I'm not saying that test drives from dealer's aren't warranted. But 88 miles is NEVER (or very rarely) warranted, ESPECIALLY from a liability standpoint (where did they go? what did they do during those 88 miles?etc.. Yes you can still get into mischief with even just 3 miles, but it's a lot less likely)

Sponsored

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah - the people who have no issue with the car being driven 88 miles I don't understand.

Diagnostic drives are a given. But not 88 miles worth. I'd even question 20 miles worth of driving (depending on the issue). Granted mine was driven about 4 miles because the issue (trans) was easy to diagnose. But 88 miles is excessive.
Exactly. I do realize that test drives are sometimes required, but never 88 miles worth. I also feel like it's just opening an entire cans worth of liability for the dealership, but clearly don't care.

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I took my GT in for an oil change and they put over 500 miles on it while I was waiting ...
hmmmm, must have been that new warp-speed GT model I keep hearing about.

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know, I was only waiting for like 30 minutes! :crackup:
So essentially an average speed of 960 mph. I don't know if I would be mad then, just REALLY curious as to how I could do the same thing, hahaha
Sponsored