How did you decide on mustang

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Grew up building and showing Mustangs with my stepfather at national events in the concours class. We had several 65 and 66 models, a 68 convertible that was sold before we finished it, and a 69 Mach I. We also built a custom 29 Tudor sedan and were working on a custom 32 3-window when I left home.

My first car was a 72 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland and an FMX transmission. Sooo many memories in that car but had to sell it when I got a professional job 60+ miles from home after graduating college. No a/c and a built Cleveland that loved fuel wasn't very conducive to commuting. At the time I couldn't afford to keep it and buy a commuter car. One of the saddest days of my car life was watching/listening to that car drive away... Fast forward 1 year and I was making enough to afford my first modern Mustang, a 98 GT. Nine months later my wife was pregnant and we ended up trading the GT for a Grand Am. Yeah, I know...

Bought that child, my son, a 2011 V6 with MCA package as his first car when he was only 12. So my son had a Mustang and I did not. The things we do for our kids...

About 4 years ago and with 2 children now, wife and I were finally in a financially stable enough position that I ordered my my 2015 on my 40th birthday. She was built a couple of days before Valentine's and I picked her up in March. Still enjoying her today...

Almost two years ago also bought the wife a 2017 EcoBoost. My daily driver is a 2018 F150.

Guess you could say I bleed Ford blue and it wont ever be any other way!
Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Man, some of us were just born this way..
I literally grew up from birth in my Mom's '65 289/4sp Coupe.

Once I was 16, that was is.

It's the Stang Lyfe for me....'till the end.

EE Z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3 Mustang
I tend to trade cars like women change purses, I see one that I like, start shopping,decide on colors, decide on the mods, and start price shopping. I've recently owned a challenger R/T. A Cadillac XLR, a Saturn Sky Redline, VW Dune Turbo and almost bought a Gran Sport Corvette. Got to the price shopping stage and just happen to see an orange Roush Mustang in the parking lot at work. It caught my eye. Began reading up on them and realized that I could get more horsepower, less expensive and just as good looking. The Vettes also have a very low resale value compared to what you pay new off the dealer floor. Found my colors in Midwest City Oklahoma, made a deal, flew up and drove it back home. My roots were with Ford from the beginning.This brought me back. My first car was a '67 Fairlane 500. My second was a '73 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland. Owned quite a few other Fords and one other Mustang but I love my 2017 Roush Mustang Stage 3 better than any car that I've ever owned. I'm glad I didn't get the Vette.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I've had a bunch of fun cars over the years. In 2016 I was really hot on a Challenger. I had to have the 392 and at the time the Scat Pack was just coming out and they were VERY expensive, with SRTs even higher. I started looking around and found a base Mustang GT PP for a rocking deal and bought it. I liked the car a lot, but the Challenger bug kept biting and I ended up trading it on a Scat Pack Shaker. I loved the torque and IMO they did the best job of any with the retro look. Challengers are big, heavy cars. More like a Chevelle from 1970 than a pony car. It was fun, but kind of ponderous on the road and somewhat fatiguing to drive fast.

I liked the changes for 2018 and this time got a Premium, PP1. I'm really happy with the car. I'd love to upgrade to a GT350, but don't like the price of admission. When I started shopping this time I looked at used Corvettes, but didn't find any that "did it". A dealer near me had a couple of 1SS 1LE Camaros and I drove 1. I don't like the looks, but figured the performance might make up for it. I really didn't like the interior, the poor visibility, or the way it drove. Admittedly, I 'm biased against Camaros, so that probably didn't help. In the end I'm really happy with my GT.

Nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
In late 2016, I drove every coupe and sedan under the sun looking to replace our dying second car. The choice came down to a super low-mileage 2012 V6 Mustang or a 2015 V6 Camaro.

Liked both, but the S197 body style really appealed to me and, yes, the Camaro visibility stinks. It wasn't the deciding vote, but my 9-year-old daughter fell in love with the Mustang; that helped nudge me to the Ford.

Loved the V6 for a year and a half, but started to get the V8 itch. Upgraded to a GT a year ago and I still get excited every time I drive it.

I wanna go drive it right now.

Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I wanted a blue convertible.

Considered many cars that fit that description. Test drove a BMW 335i and I wasn't convinced about the hard top mechanism. Maybe because it was a 2011 car. Perhaps a newer one would have felt better, but that one felt like it would be breaking soon. Considered a 997.2 Porsche but then got afraid of repair and maintenance costs. Same for a 2008 Aston Martin Vantage - they are known for bad clutches and I didn't want that risk. Then I remembered this little blue Mustang I had driven as a rental for work the year before. And Grabber Blue is very close to my favorite color. Was not a Mustang person at all. But fell in love with the Grabber Blue exterior and ceramic white interior. Got an EcoBoost. Then traded for a GT.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Was shopping for a used "toy" to replace my bike and looked at several different makes of cars. I'd had a 2015 GT but got bored of the automatic and traded for a 2017 Focus ST so I had no plans to replace that. Then me and my wife made the mistake of driving a new GT. Now the proud owner of a 6-speed manual 2019 GT/CS and minus one ST..

Cali_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Bought a 2017 Civic Hatchback with a CVT, but after two years I was craving something with more power and a manual transmission. My main criteria was that it be performance-oriented, under $30k, generally reliable and have relatively affordable maintenance, i.e. no German cars. So after doing some research, I narrowed it down to the Focus ST, Mustang, Camaro, WRX and Civic SI. Test drove a WRX and didn't feel that it was worth the price, even with a fairly big discount off MSRP, given how outdated it is. Decided against the SI since I already had practically the same car. Then looked at the ST and couldn't get over the dash design, and by this point I had decided I didn't want another turbo 4 and wanted to try a V8, So it came down to the Mustang and Camaro. Looks wise, I much prefer the Mustang's smooth lines and round body as opposed the sharp corners and boxy look of the Camaro, plus I preferred the interior of the mustang, better visibility and better trunk space. Ended up finding a 2015 GT Premium with the performance package and the 401A upgrade for a really good price, so I test drove it and decided to pull the trigger. Have had it for 3 months now and I'm loving the sound and power, plus it's my first RWD cars so that's been fun as well. Took a bit to get used to the transmission, but after getting the hang of it it's been a great experience.

OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I tend to trade cars like women change purses, I see one that I like, start shopping,decide on colors, decide on the mods, and start price shopping. I've recently owned a challenger R/T. A Cadillac XLR, a Saturn Sky Redline, VW Dune Turbo and almost bought a Gran Sport Corvette. Got to the price shopping stage and just happen to see an orange Roush Mustang in the parking lot at work. It caught my eye. Began reading up on them and realized that I could get more horsepower, less expensive and just as good looking. The Vettes also have a very low resale value compared to what you pay new off the dealer floor. Found my colors in Midwest City Oklahoma, made a deal, flew up and drove it back home. My roots were with Ford from the beginning.This brought me back. My first car was a '67 Fairlane 500. My second was a '73 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland. Owned quite a few other Fords and one other Mustang but I love my 2017 Roush Mustang Stage 3 better than any car that I've ever owned. I'm glad I didn't get the Vette.
You owned a Cadillac xlr? I have to ask how was it? Growing up that was my all time favorite car. I always said I'd buy one when I had money. However by the time I had the money I found their styling didn't age well and my love affair with mustang was running strong already.

But damn id love to just drive an xlr one day.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Sold my '15 Camaro 2SS.
Needed a 'hotrod' and it was the cheapest one available, so I bought it.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have had one since I was 18. My son will have one at around the same age. My 2015GT was awesome and when the 18 GT came out with the ten speed and DI and more power, I had to.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Might sound sad but really it came down to my garage, I wanted a V8 no matter what and specifically a Challenger which is what I really wanted would not fit so I simply did not get it. Test drove the mustang and said this will do and it looks good sold. literally as simple as that.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
My current Mustang is my 7th and 3rd S550. My last Mustang was a 15’GT but hated the MT-82 trans. Suspension was too floaty so swapped it out for the track pack suspension. After the suspension swap it sat too low for me and rode rough. I had to get caster/camber plates to get a proper alignment.

I always wanted a Corvette but really wanted a C7 but they were More than what I wanted to spend for a weekend toy. Traded the Stang for a 1 owner 09’ C6 with very low miles. Had it for almost a year when I really missed my Mustang. Found the right one in MD that had all the things I had to have and where I didn’t have to swap things out to my liking. Drove up to MD in my Vette and drove back with my (hopefully) last Mustang I ever buy. Added a few things but the best thing is the digital dash. View attachment 366210 View attachment 366212 View attachment 366213 View attachment 366214
37069703-1697-451A-A095-819478C9B759.jpeg
1AAD6822-952A-48A9-9CA7-302518767C72.jpeg
07F0E892-AE9F-4B30-97F6-EEC139D174AD.jpeg
03B6338A-BFF4-419D-85A1-8706F5D7FA3A.jpeg
3F5E2297-E0A1-41A4-8CA2-8F38AB557665.jpeg
3BF1C853-40AA-40D0-A173-3B4896135A60.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I bought my Mustang without ever having sat in an S550, let alone drive one.

I've also never sat in a modern Camaro nor a Dodge Challenger.

I bought my '16GT because of the styling, and with 435hp it would be more than fast enough, plus I the Mustang aftermarket is huge and I knew I would be modding it, which I have.

Back-in-the-day, I owned five Fox body 5.0 Mustangs, and prior to my S550 my last GT was a 2002 I bought brand new, so essentially I was not a Mustang noob.

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Couldn't get a Challenger because they were too big and too expensive. Tried to get a Camaro but none of the dealers wanted to order me one. Plus the visibility scared me. They all wanted to sell me what they had on the lot.

Went to a Ford dealership...girl tossed me the keys and let me drive the new S550 and I loved it. Put in a factory order for the same discounts as one on the lot.
Sponsored