Dealership drove my car 88 miles!!!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I would, but the car was (is) under warranty, so it is Ford's responsibility to fix the issue. I would love to bring it to another shop (such as the performance shop that I use), but I don't feel like spending a few hundred or thousand dollars in repairs that are supposed to be covered by my warranty.
I agree, I was thinking about the maintenance you had done. Either way best of luck going forward
Sponsored

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, I was thinking about the maintenance you had done. Either way best of luck going forward
Ah yeah. I usually do the majority of it on my own, but seeing as it was already in the shop I figured I might as well have them do so. But thank you, much appreciated. Car is being bought back by Ford, so it will be the first time since buying my first car (08 V6 Mustang) that I won't have a mustang. I'm sure I will come back eventually (ie when the GT500 is released with a stick and doesn't have what will surely be $20K+ ADMs)

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
My car came back from having it's leaks fixed. 1.86 recorded on the lateral accelerometer!
Someone pitched it sideways for a long smokey slide?

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
if the dealer didn't damage your car your wasting your breath literally nothing will happen, no matter how many letters you send.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
if the dealer didn't damage your car your wasting your breath literally nothing will happen, no matter how many letters you send.
Even if they did, what proof could you produce?

Sponsored

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
A few days after I picked my car from the dealer body shop, there to fix a couple minor issues, I looked at my G meter.
Someone pulled a .79G hole shot
I will be zeroing this out & documenting before ever leaving it with any shop for now on

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As I replied to someone else, I actually started having issues with my transmission, shortly after this incident. At the time, I had no idea why my transmission was suddenly having problems. Now I'm starting to see what may have been the cause.

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also, I'm not doing so with the hopes of compensation. Like I said, my car is being re-purchased by RAV. If I were Ford, I would want to know about these kinds of issues with shitty dealers, as they tarnish the "Ford" name/brand. Image is everything to a business. I would never allow this kind of behavior in my business, and I can't imagine that many other would either. Again, this whole "88 mile" issue is only a part of the overall experience I've had with Perry. They have been shady and unprofessional a multitude of times. And I am FAR from the only person that acknowledges this, as it has been said out loud on multiple occasions by other Ford dealers I've dealt with since then, friends that own Mustangs or some other Ford/Mazda, etc.. I have one friend who was having troubles with a Lightning that he had purchased from them. It sat in service for nearly 2 months until he finally took it back. Turns out, all he needed to do in order to fix it was change the spark plugs.
But then again, seems like most people that responded to my post would be ok with a complete stranger taking their car out for an unauthorized, undocumented, unmonitored, and unwarranted joyride.
Kind of like "Hey, so I took your girlfriend for a spin in bed while you weren't looking. But don't worry, she still works. She might have caught something that you won't know about until it's too late""No worries bud! No harm done!"

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
White People Problems
Funny, majority of my car friends are Mexican, and the few I've spoken to about the issue said that they would be pissed too (putting it lightly). But you just had to throw the race card, huh?

Sponsored
OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A few days after I picked my car from the dealer body shop, there to fix a couple minor issues, I looked at my G meter.
Someone pulled a .79G hole shot
I will be zeroing this out & documenting before ever leaving it with any shop for now on
It's just sad that you honestly can't trust anyone anymore. No one has any respect or honor these days. It would never cross my mind to take someone else's car for a serious spin without their consent. That's why I like the performance shop that I use. Not only do they do great work, but they're "stand up guys". If the car wasn't under warranty, I would always go to them for repairs.

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
It's just sad that you honestly can't trust anyone anymore. No one has any respect or honor these days. It would never cross my mind to take someone else's car for a serious spin without their consent. That's why I like the performance shop that I use. Not only do they do great work, but they're "stand up guys". If the car wasn't under warranty, I would always go to them for repairs.
They had my car for a week because I was out of town, they only put 1 mile on the car
I figure it could be 1-5 hole shots
I have done a few using Launch Control @ 3800 RPM & got a .75G, so they had to be at least at 4000 RPM
At least there was no rubber on the wheel wells nor under carriage so I know they didn't use the Line Lock

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
As I'm finalizing the RAV buyback for my car.....
Then why do you care that they drove your vehicle 88 miles?

You're trying to get rid of the car, the rest doesn't matter.

OP
OP
AmericanV8Guy

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Then why do you care that they drove your vehicle 88 miles?

You're trying to get rid of the car, the rest doesn't matter.
People on this forum have such compassion it's amazing. It's a matter of principles, something clearly lacking in today's world. And as stated multiple times already, the "88 miles" issue was just one of MANY other larger issues (including lack of warranty service that eventually led to critical engine damage to my car, leaving me with the headache and waste of my time having to deal with repairs/RAV)
And you're right. I am getting rid of the car, and staying away from Ford due to this entire experience, as they clearly don't give two shits about how their dealerships treat their paying customers.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Right and wrong has been greyed out in today’s pusified America. You gotta take matters into your own hands and buy some fart spray. Spray some onto something it will soak into next time your in the dealership. Works at any business that has horrible service standards. Wish more people would do it, then they might get a clue it can go both ways.
Sponsored