Sponsored

It's gonna be close!

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
This is what I have to do and I make it with no scrape. There are times where the rear wheel loses traction and I have to reposition. Also, make sure you tire pressure is up.
Yes, I will lose traction at the rear and the car will hop, but it's better than scraping the splitter. I live a block from a river and my street is also steeply sloped, like living in San Francisco. LOL I got it all going, but make it work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
slikk66

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
I use a the https://www.bridjit.com product as well and it gives about another inch and a half of clearance. Great product. Just set it where the wheels first hit. That will allow the front of the car to raise.
Yes, I'm sure it would work.. however the city comes by and does the street sweeping with the big truck every week.. not sure how that would work out. But, worst case it's a possibility.

Last edited:

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yes, I'm sure it would work.. however the city comes by and does the street sweeping with the big truck every week.. not sure how that would work out. But, worst case it's a possibility.
Shouldn't damage it. If any it will just clean the material and possibly slide a bit causing you to readjust. I have to readjust mine every so often when the rain pours heavy as I'm on a downhill so it slides south a bit. I discovered just readjusting it in the rain works best. best of luck tho.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
These work well to protect your splitter but you lose another 3/8" of clearance (I have them). Just come in at about a 45 degree angle and you'll be fine. I also tried a couple different curb/driveway ramps or bridges and am using Curb Cushion" available on Amazon. It's three big pieces of very heavy rubber that you screw to a piece of wood. it comes with a 2x6 which was too big for my driveway so I switched it to a 1x3 but you could use whatever fits.

OP
OP
slikk66

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These look awesome! I think I'll try them..
So I ordered some, I figured even if I didn't need all of them, I could use screws and nuts instead before I installed the splitter for at least some of them. Seemed like a good idea. I got them today, and went to mark locations for install.. And saw this hah. I mean looks like it already has basically the same things. Is this new?

20190516_222509.jpg

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
Just go at it more sideways. My entrance at my office is at a more steep angle than that and I have an R and don’t scrape. You’ll become very good at angles very quickly

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So I ordered some, I figured even if I didn't need all of them, I could use screws and nuts instead before I installed the splitter for at least some of them. Seemed like a good idea. I got them today, and went to mark locations for install.. And saw this hah. I mean looks like it already has basically the same things. Is this new?

20190516_222509.jpg
Yeah...I saw those too when I installed mine. The ones from ZL1 are a bit longer and more robust...I think. I placed mine a little more strategically to where I could possibly rub coming up my driveway.

Tim

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
I got bad news for you. You're definitely going to scrape the splitter coming in and out. You have a very very small approach angle to enter without scraping. Time to bust out the 2x4's

Sponsored
OP
OP
slikk66

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Splitter installed! Few tips for anyone who may be doing this soon.. I followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqeWVXKNKKc

#1 - i bought the cheap $20 1/4" click-type torque wrench, it was useless.. So, I'd say spring for the $100 digital 15-150 in/lb models or just don't use one. The directions call for 1.9NM on the small screws which is about 16~ in/lb torque.. so I figured I'd get the cheap 20-200 wrench, set it at 20, and should be fine.. wrong, the first screw I tried just snapped past and "stripped" the j-clip.. I think my particular wrench is just junky, but really I think you can get away with hand tightening the lower torque screws, which is what I ended up doing. It's not that much torque.. almost seems silly to recommend a torque wrench, and apparently only a highly sensitive digital one.

#2 - another screw stripped before I had applied much force at all, and this one was on the spoiler itself after it had already been positioned and several screws applied.. tough to get to, but I'm sure I wasn't using much force at the time, the screws + j-clips thing is sorta hokey, especially the smaller screws

#3 - the video shows on the larger screws (only 2 sizes are used small/large) are hex head, standard bolts.. but the ones I got in the package were flathead torx style, and I didn't have 1/4" torx heads, only hand torx tools.. so again, didn't use the torque wrench, but I don't think it's dire. I got 'em tight, none of em stripped.

#4 - the plastic half-moon clips are a pain in the ass. The video says you don't have to remove your wheels, and I didn't but doing so would've made things quite a bit easier.. probably would've shaved 30-40 min of my total install time messing around with those tiny clips, I ended up having to use needle nose pliers to pinch them in, I just couldn't get them in with my hands even using flat metal bits as a press tool.. no dice.

#5 - I had to rubber mallet the hell out of the front to get it all the way seated. The trick is up and in, and not softly. Make sure they all line up first, and especially look for the 1/4" wide tab in the middle that isn't really a latch but just an alignment indicator. I also had to grab the tabs and gently bend them up a bit, as they had sloped downward and made the alignment off a bit.

#6 - use a light and a small screwdriver to line up all the holes with the clips everywhere. many times I thought I had it lined up, then got a light and found the clip had slid over, or it wasn't lined up right.. it's REALLY easy to put a screw in and miss a clip or the hole in the facia it's supposed to mount to.

overall, 2 "stripped" small screws out of about 20 fasteners total, and none of the big ones.. hopefully it's not a problem.

we'll see how the scraping goes! I'll go for a ride later today or tomorrow, total install time was about 2.5 hours - I installed the steeda jack rails last night and those came in really handy, I wouldn't want to have to jack the car on the pinch welds.. this is a much nicer solution.

20190518_122604.jpg
20190518_122608.jpg
20190518_122612.jpg
20190518_122631.jpg
20190518_122644.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
slikk66

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First exit I scraped it pretty good.. I realized that since my house is on a hill, one side is steeper than the other. So, on the next entrance I switched sides and no scrape. This morning I exited the same way, and was able to avoid scraping.. but in that direction I'm facing up the hill, so I have to drive up and around the block to hit the main street heh. I'll take it. Guess you can't have it all!

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
First exit I scraped it pretty good.. I realized that since my house is on a hill, one side is steeper than the other. So, on the next entrance I switched sides and no scrape. This morning I exited the same way, and was able to avoid scraping.. but in that direction I'm facing up the hill, so I have to drive up and around the block to hit the main street heh. I'll take it. Guess you can't have it all!
Glad to hear you've found a safe way to enter the driveway! I'm concerned as well. I've got my 19' GT350 being built on 6/4 in the same color and spec: Ford Performance Blue with white stripes. Would love to see more pics when you have a moment ;-) Congrats!

OP
OP
slikk66

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear you've found a safe way to enter the driveway! I'm concerned as well. I've got my 19' GT350 being built on 6/4 in the same color and spec: Ford Performance Blue with white stripes. Would love to see more pics when you have a moment ;-) Congrats!
Awesome! You're gonna love it. I'll PM you some more pics.
Sponsored