Sponsored

Lund tune to stock tune and P0630 and U0422 VIN AND BCM ISSUE

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So i gave up on trying to get my 18 Manifold tune to pass with 02 and 02 heater so i swapped my intake manifold, injectors, intake, tune to stock and i got a load of engine light codes. 2 of them were just because i needed to do a crank relearn but the others seem a bit more serious and it seems like my stock tune file is messed up:

P0630 VIN not programmed or incompatible ECM/PCM.
U0422 Invalid Data received from body control module.

I've already contacted Lund's Support, but I'm impatient so i was wondering if anyone has every ran into an issue when reflashing the stock tune file. I searched and i could not find anything on this forum, only found on a couple F150s saying it was wrong tire size or some bs but i havent even driven the thing more than 10ft forward and back into garage so how can it know sense gearing. No sense in driving for drive cycles with codes, while it drives fine it fails me immediately on any smog test with engine light on.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So i gave up on trying to get my 18 Manifold tune to pass with 02 and 02 heater so i swapped my intake manifold, injectors, intake, tune to stock and i got a load of engine light codes. 2 of them were just because i needed to do a crank relearn but the others seem a bit more serious and it seems like my stock tune file is messed up:

I've already contacted Lund's Support, but I'm impatient so i was wondering if anyone has every ran into an issue when reflashing the stock tune file. I searched and i could not find anything on this forum, only found on a couple F150s saying it was wrong tire size or some bs but i havent even driven the thing more than 10ft forward and back into garage so how can it know sense gearing. No sense in driving for drive cycles with codes, while it drives fine it fails me immediately on any smog test with engine light on.
So I’m just gonna answer my own question, it had to do with me setting the diff to be 3.55 after I tuned and nothing to do with tire size. When I went back to stock tune file I’m assuming the computer is looking for 3.73 gears for a PP and I have 3.55 set. With the stock tune file already loaded to car, I set the diff to be 3.73, cleared all trouble codes, and immediately reloaded the stock tune file again just in case. Really sucks to have to do this because it’s cutting power when it senses the gearing is off, but it does fix the trouble codes. I guess it’s not a big deal unless your on a stock tune, obviously my lund tune allowed for gear changes without these CELs.

As for the 18 gt manifold issue and me swapping back to stock:
Drove 10 miles and my 02 02 heater codes cleared if anyone cares, seems like the 18 manifold tune can not clear 02 02h to be ready. With 18 mani I drove 450 miles doing drive cycles so it’s obvious. Switching back temporarily for emissions is the only way, something in Lund tune will not let it pass emissions.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm in the same exact situation you're in. I cannot get the O2/HO2 to run no matter what I do. I think I'm just going to get inspected regardless and tell them exactly what I have and what the situation is. I may just be stressing myself more than it's really worth.

OP
OP

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm in the same exact situation you're in. I cannot get the O2/HO2 to run no matter what I do. I think I'm just going to get inspected regardless and tell them exactly what I have and what the situation is. I may just be stressing myself more than it's really worth.
In Houston area two reds fail me and from what i read most of texas is the same. DMV states that any vehicles built after 2001 can't have any more than two reds. I've gone to inspectors a few times and its been a fail with those two (02 & 02H). If your the original owner you may be able to get a waiver but i am not, not sure of details on that.

Also to add to this, my gearing is pulling power. I'm crossing my fingers but i think it will trigger a misfire code. Trying to save the fuel & misfire learning drive cycle for last(from a stop to 65mph then no brakes till at 40mph). Wish i had the stock 3.73 at moment because stock tune can't handle having a different gear.

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase

I've had this identical issue.

The "Stock" tune from Lund is just a general base map, and it has most sensors turned on, which causes the ECM/PCM to have a little bit of a fit if there is an error code present.

If you flash a newer revision tune (In my case my 5th revision) the Codes that are not associated with my car (The diff cooler which I don't have) immediately turned off and the Code went away.

I had flashed the base map while my active exhaust was down and it caused a slew of issues that took me nearly 2 weeks to iron out.

Best advice is to remove what ever mod you just did, and flash back to the last working tune.

Also, prior to flashing, pull the battery cables, touch for 30 seconds to drain, and reattach.

Cheers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've had this identical issue.

The "Stock" tune from Lund is just a general base map, and it has most sensors turned on, which causes the ECM/PCM to have a little bit of a fit if there is an error code present.

If you flash a newer revision tune (In my case my 5th revision) the Codes that are not associated with my car (The diff cooler which I don't have) immediately turned off and the Code went away.

I had flashed the base map while my active exhaust was down and it caused a slew of issues that took me nearly 2 weeks to iron out.

Best advice is to remove what ever mod you just did, and flash back to the last working tune.

Also, prior to flashing, pull the battery cables, touch for 30 seconds to drain, and reattach.

Cheers.
My issue concerning this was fixed via what i said in 2nd post fyi. Rear end gearing selection is now my enemy. The stock tune wasn't from lund i meant just the vin.stk file that the NGauge downloads from pcm.. Did not touch cables but they were disconnected for a little less than 2 hours, ill start doing that for future so thanks for that info. My main issue is just gearing at moment on a stock tune file. I may try through Ngauge again now that CELs are gone, but it was not happy when flashing from 18 mani tune with my gearing still set to 3.55.

Also Alex from lund just gave me new revision tune (rev 5 for me) to try if for some reason this doesn't work out but all my mods are off my car so i can't try it now. My next step to temporarily fix gearing will be just to adjust my tire size using Ngauge to hopefully fool the computer into thinking the gearing is right without tripping codes. If my gearing matched my pcm i would have no problems currently.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My issue concerning this was fixed via what i said in 2nd post fyi. Rear end gearing selection is now my enemy. The stock tune wasn't from lund i meant just the vin.stk file that the NGauge downloads from pcm.. Did not touch cables but they were disconnected for a little less than 2 hours, ill start doing that for future so thanks for that info. My main issue is just gearing at moment on a stock tune file. I may try through Ngauge again now that CELs are gone, but it was not happy when flashing from 18 mani tune with my gearing still set to 3.55.

Also Alex from lund just gave me new revision tune (rev 5 for me) to try if for some reason this doesn't work out but all my mods are off my car so i can't try it now. My next step to temporarily fix gearing will be just to adjust my tire size using Ngauge to hopefully fool the computer into thinking the gearing is right without tripping codes. If my gearing matched my pcm i would have no problems currently.
I just got a new file myself. "No promises".

OP
OP

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just got a new file myself. "No promises".
No offense to lund they are great, but i have no more time for "try this". It's a miracle that I haven't been pulled over yet with no license plate, carbon fiber all over front end and a loud exhaust. Its like, hey look at me and fuck up my day officer. I'm insured and have so much proof of me trying to make things right if they care, but if the LEO is having a bad day i'm fkd.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
No offense to lund they are great, but i have no more time for "try this". It's a miracle that I haven't been pulled over yet with no license plate, carbon fiber all over front end and a loud exhaust. Its like, hey look at me and fuck up my day officer. I'm insured and have so much proof of me trying to make things right if they care, but if the LEO is having a bad day i'm fkd.
I hear you man. I've got 15 days to work magic with a tune before I start searching for that "shop". I'd prefer not to, but I've spent too much time with such a pain in the ass issue when I should be running E85 and enjoying the hell out of that tune.

OP
OP

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I hear you man. I've got 15 days to work magic with a tune before I start searching for that "shop". I'd prefer not to, but I've spent too much time with such a pain in the ass issue when I should be running E85 and enjoying the hell out of that tune.
I passed emissions after about 30 miles after returning to stock and got my plates, oh hell yea time to install mods back. Fuel monitor was all that remained but one red is good enough for Texas. If you frequent houston, let me know if you don’t have anything you need to swap back if you do.

Sponsored

Bespinoza66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 automatic 5.0, 4.09 differential
I just got these codes as well. Did you do a PCM relearn/reset as well or just changed the gearing?

OP
OP

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just got these codes as well. Did you do a PCM relearn/reset as well or just changed the gearing?
Did not do pcm relearn. Put the gear ratio back to stock value. reflashed stock tune file. Codes gone. Passed emmissions despite it pulling power constantly(senses gears are not oem) and now im swapped back to 18 mani, tuned and gear ratio changed with no issues. Stock tune pcm/bcm does not like when you change gear ratios, on a tune however i havent had any issues.

Bespinoza66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 automatic 5.0, 4.09 differential
Did not do pcm relearn. Put the gear ratio back to stock value. reflashed stock tune file. Codes gone. Passed emmissions despite it pulling power constantly(senses gears are not oem) and now im swapped back to 18 mani, tuned and gear ratio changed with no issues. Stock tune pcm/bcm does not like when you change gear ratios, on a tune however i havent had any issues.
So you tuned it first and then changed the BCM afterwards?

I wonder if something changed. I had changed the gears without having a tune on it without any issues a while back and then this happened when I was trying a new tune.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Is your speedo reading accurate?

I'm Lund tuned and changing my gear ratio also. The guy at JPC racing said to just use the SCT X4 to change the gear ratio and that's it. Should be no issues with the speedometer or pulling power on me. Dakota at Lund said to me though each time he's tried changing the gear ratio with SCT it doesn't work. Struggling to find out how this should actually be done...A lot of conflicting suggestions out there.