Sponsored

QA1 CF Driveshaft for my '18 A10 GT

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree! One exception is I have seen 750 wheel hp stick cars demolish cf shafts already (the girl at American Muscle comes to mind) but that is a stick car launching hard, and my A10 isn't gonna shock a cf shaft that hard, especially with only 490 wheel.
The shafts look like a work of art but as a >700whp stick guy, I donā€™t see it suiting my needs.
A real shame too, would be lovely to have one of these
Sponsored

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
The shafts look like a work of art but as a >700whp stick guy, I donā€™t see it suiting my needs.
A real shame too, would be lovely to have one of these
Yeah, I wouldn't want cf on a 700+ hp stick car either. Its too much of a shock, they tend to shatter at that power level, even though manufacturers claim they shouldn't. Luckily I have an A10 with a little under 500 wheel hp so for me its gonna work great, as long as I never get greedy for .10's and trans brake it (which I won't). I'll likely be adding a bigger stall converter at some point though, which still won't stress it enough at my power level to damage it though.

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Same. If you step back and look at it, that whole place is cringe. Have you ever read through the employee bios? Jesus Christ.
It may be 'cringe' but apparently we're doing something right as our business has seen double digit growth every year since starting in 2004.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
It may be 'cringe' but apparently we're doing something right as our business has seen double digit growth every year since starting in 2004.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
That's likely true. But growth is a function of pricing, which AM seems to have down pat. Actually knowing what they are doing at times, that's sketchy. I have a couple AM screw up stories under my belt. And when you talk to people, most people do. I still use AM though, despite their several screw up's in the past. But as far as video's about install stuff, I do prefer Bill at CJ Pony.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they would make a version that is significantly smaller in diameter that takes less power but is lighter for the NA guys. There doesn't seem to be any benefit to make a switch unless you have power adders or have a really built up NA engine with sticky tires. This seems like a significant overkill for those who are slightly modified running sticky tires with an A10.

Sponsored

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That's likely true. But growth is a function of pricing, which AM seems to have down pat. Actually knowing what they are doing at times, that's sketchy. I have a couple AM screw up stories under my belt. And when you talk to people, most people do. I still use AM though, despite their several screw up's in the past. But as far as video's about install stuff, I do prefer Bill at CJ Pony.
Lol... sure. We went from 2 guys in their moms garage to over 400 employees simply because of 'savvy pricing'. :crazy:

Either way I am here as an enthusiast first rather than a formal representative of the company and I just want to say I appreciate your business with AM despite the 'several screw ups'. At the end of day mistakes happen (of course we wish they didn't) but ultimately when your sales volume is 10 times that of your closest competitor, law of averages tells us there will inevitably be a higher frequency of mistakes compared to a guy who ships 3 exhausts a week from his local speed shop. Its the unfortunate reality of business and one that we are constantly working on to improve.

And Bill is a good dude- I think he does a great job over there, but I definitely have better hair. ;)

But enough thread S***ing- nice choice with the QA1! I'll be running the DSS CF on my blown '19 so we'll see how she holds up! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Lol... sure. We went from 2 guys in their moms garage to over 400 employees simply because of 'savvy pricing'. :crazy:

Either way I am here as an enthusiast first rather than a formal representative of the company and I just want to say I appreciate your business with AM despite the 'several screw ups'. At the end of day mistakes happen (of course we wish they didn't) but ultimately when your sales volume is 10 times that of your closest competitor, law of averages tells us there will inevitably be a higher frequency of mistakes compared to a guy who ships 3 exhausts a week from his local speed shop. Its the unfortunate reality of business and one that we are constantly working on to improve.

And Bill is a good dude- I think he does a great job over there, but I definitely have better hair. ;)

But enough thread S***ing- nice choice with the QA1! I'll be running the DSS CF on my blown '19 so we'll see how she holds up! :thumbsup:
Ah, reading between the lines I believe you id'd yourself. Thanks for the response, Justin. I love DSS, but chose the QA1 for two reasons. 1. If Steeda uses it, then I want to also. 2. Its 1/2 the weight of the DSS and maxxing out my n/a build, lighter is the only way I'm gonna get any benefit, because at 490 wheel I sure don't need it for strength. I'm actually amazed that the DSS shaft weighs the same as the OEM 2 piece. I also think its crazy that your co-worker Stephanie shattered one with only 640 wheel. With that said, I also know of several people who've tried to use DSS's aluminum one piece, none of those people like it because of the dramatic amount of NVH its caused. So for me, DSS is superior for 1/2 shafts, but I question their ability to make a good driveshaft, especially an expensive cf one. Hopefully you don't regret your purchase, I'd imagine you also get a discount, just make sure you get the right flange, as you know, there is a difference between what Ford gave the '18 and early '19's and the later 19's. Hopefully yours fits correctly, I've also heard that some do not and are being returned for this reason.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Oh no... Which one are you?

Edit: Justin. You donā€™t fucking count. Iā€™m talking about the employee bio page.

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Oh no... Which one are you?

Edit: Justin. You donā€™t fucking count. Iā€™m talking about the employee bio page.
Yeah, if its Justin (like I think) then he's a solid dude, I like his videos too. I like AM because of price. Despite the fact they don't really carry all the potential '18 up stuff I'm interested in. Between that, and the fact that Kevin Durant lied to me last year about the MMD running pony mud flaps (a whole other story) he's the one who runs Turn 7, and despite multiple shipping screw up's, one of which I still can't conceive how it happened (1 DSS 1/2 shaft ended up shipped to an address 3 years old, the other was shipped to my actual address forcing me to go pick the screwed up one at the UPS location after 4 pm, which is a 35 minute drive for me one way) AM has for the most part done me well. I've spent almost 15k at AM in the past several years. Dropped over 2k there just last month on the new rotors/pads and FR3 suspension.

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks guys- and yeah its me. Just like lurking around here and seeing what everyone's doing and chiming in when I get a chance or can contribute anything of worth- which is rare...lol.

And again, even though I'm here as an enthusiast first, that doesn't mean I can't take the time and say I appreciate the business on behalf of the company. And that's not me regurgitating any 'canned corporate' bullshit, its the truth. I know we aren't perfect as a company and I know there is a lot of things people dislike about us and me personally but I still think we've gotten a lot of things right over the years and ultimately we exist to serve the community the best we can. (That last part might've been little corporate but whatever) ;)

Thanks fellas and carry on. :captain: