Sponsored

Adding quad tips to the Stock premium Valance.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I just wanted to thank the Author for this DIY post. I successfully installed my quad tips this weekend on my car and I'm in love with the look. All done for about $80. It took me awhile to cut the valance to my liking, but it was well worth the time. I still need to adjust the mufflers due to them touching the inner side of the valance, but I'll take of that soon.
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0200.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg
Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I just wanted to thank the Author for this DIY post. I successfully installed my quad tips this weekend on my car and I'm in love with the look. All done for about $80. It took me awhile to cut the valance to my liking, but it was well worth the time. I still need to adjust the mufflers due to them touching the inner side of the valance, but I'll take of that soon.
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0200.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg
Part # for the tips?

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Part # for the tips?
I used the same exact tips from Summit Racing as Hissman did, along with the same rubber trim as he used as well. He has the link in his original post which is what I used.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt
Hissman,

Big thanks for doing this DIY! Like you I also have the SLP LM2 so making the change was easy (one of the reasons I went with the SLP system). I have the edging on order and will be adding that to finish it off when it arrives. I did cut more to the lines of the body than just around the exhaust. It does leave more of a gap in the upper middle part but I'm not loosing sleep over it.
Quad1.jpg
Quad2.jpg
Quad3.jpg
I pmd you man

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Does anyone know what type/size tips I can use for a Borla S? I have no issues with cutting the valance but I was wondering if I could fit at least a quad set of 3 inch tips.

The muffler comes with a single 4 as is.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know what type/size tips I can use for a Borla S? I have no issues with cutting the valance but I was wondering if I could fit at least a quad set of 3 inch tips.

The muffler comes with a single 4 as is.
I'm using quad 3.5" tips that's linked in this thread. These fit well. I think 4" quads would be to big as I already cut the valance as close to the part of the valance that's body colored on a premium valance. The only issue I see is to make sure what the inlet pipe size is on the Borla S exhaust that you have. It's likely 2.5", but I would measure it to make sure so that you get the correct inlet size for whatever quad tips you get.

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm using quad 3.5" tips that's linked in this thread. These fit well. I think 4" quads would be to big as I already cut the valance as close to the part of the valance that's body colored on a premium valance. The only issue I see is to make sure what the inlet pipe size is on the Borla S exhaust that you have. It's likely 2.5", but I would measure it to make sure so that you get the correct inlet size for whatever quad tips you get.
Appreciate the reply the inlets are 2.5" at both ends.

I'll probably go 3" with the quads to give me some clearance.

Sponsored

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

I have about a 1/4” clearance around my quads. As long as they’re aren’t touching the sides you’ll be fine. 3” tips might look a little to small.

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt

You can go 4inch, I had ford performance by borla extreme on my 15 and theirs was 4inch. IMO i think they look a little big. They fit perfectly fine but i personally like the smaller 3.5 inch look. 3 inch might be a little too small tbh

ring23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone done this with an AWE Touring Catback on a premium? I believe the tips are bigger, but would the same concept work with a bigger tip?