How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
59 years young here. 4 Daughters are married and "off the books". 9 grand children. Life has been good to me.

My wife and I were talking about my planned retirement at age 60. She said that if I retired I would just annoy her.

I said "you're probably right". But if I'm going to keep working, I'm going to make it worth while.

So instead of retiring at age 60, I'm commuting to work a Mustang GT. She refers to it as my girlfriend. I look forward to going to work everyday.

Life is good.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Almost there, I'm 52

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I was just thinking that for us "seniors" it's a good thing we get email notifications about the thread or many of us wouldn't remember to come back to it.... :crazy:

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I'm geezin' - 65 now, bought a '16 convertible GT with manual transmission last year. Love it.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Turned 60 last month. Purchased the 2019 GT premium VB, PP1, A10, B&O, AE, etc. a few weeks prior. Still have the 86 SVO I purchased used in 1989, 30 yrs ago. Loving the sound of the coyote even though the SVO has been worked over! This is the day I picked it up.
IMG_2650.JPG

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
You're a lucky man. The 3000 is cool but the 100-4 looks fantastic.
Thanks! When I bought the 3000 I was reluctant to tell my late father about it; he was a master mechanic--former auto shop teacher and factory service rep for Ford--but when I did he said "If you're going to own a car like that you better learn how to work on it" (Dad was averse to 'foreign cars' at the time). A few years later he calls me and says "There's a '56 in the paper;" thinking it was an early 6-cyl car I told him if it's in good condition the asking was fair and he said "I 'll have a look at it." The next day he calls and says "Well, i bought it; it's a 4-cyl and there's an 'M' on the registration." I asked "Dad, does it have a louvered bonnet (hood), and a small bend in the radiator cross-brace?" He said 'yes,' and I realized it might be one of the original 640 that were modified at the Healey shop. After proving the provenance, we spent 10 years restoring it together (it took so long because Dad had a couple bouts with cancer). Dad died last July, but not before finishing the restoration of the 1919 Seagrave pumper fire engine in the background and donating it back to the local FD:

102-0244_IMG2.GIF

757DRVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As Toby Keith sings in "Don't Let the Old Man In", "How old would you be if you didn't know the day you were born". Age is a state of mind. 71 and I thorouhly enjoy my 2016 GT, 6sp, premium.

Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I’m approaching 73 and love my 2015 GT. Bought it new and added custom exhaust and wheels as well as some Steeda rear suspension parts to tame the wheel hop. Having grown up in the muscle car era, I jumped at the chance to buy a Mustang GT once the kids were out of the house and through college.

Deleted member 33561

2015 Mustang GT premium with premium package,performance package, magneride ,active exhaust with JLT cold air intake (tune required) and E85 tune. Some fast food restaurants consider you a senior at age 55. I passed that Milestone almost 24 years ago.

redwolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redwolf
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
Wellll... I was 59 when I bought my '18 GT. I just figured it might be getting near the end for NA V8's with 3 pedals. I've loved every minute of driving it. I DD my 8 mile commute to work with some longer drives on weekends. I also travel a bit, so i'm still under 4000 miles after 8 months. Plan to drive it a good long time.

cupcake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Heather
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Magnetic
Just turned 60. When I bought the car, we had a hard time finding exactly the options I wanted. The salesman, getting a little frustrated, asked my son, "why does your Mom want a V8 anyway?" My son replied, " because she likes the way they sound". Salesman said," I cant argue with that."
IMG_20190517_131408_613.jpg

OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Turned 60 last month. Purchased the 2019 GT premium VB, PP1, A10, B&O, AE, etc. a few weeks prior. Still have the 86 SVO I purchased used in 1989, 30 yrs ago. Loving the sound of the coyote even though the SVO has been worked over! This is the day I picked it up.
IMG_2650.JPG
Always liked those wheels. Car looks great.
Sponsored