Sponsored

IRS theory, please chime in.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, I’ve recently purchased some Viking Crusader dampers and need some basic advice on how to make them work properly at the strip.
Given that we don’t have any anti-squat function going on here, my understanding is this.....
We want the IRS to squat a little (a lot?) on launch, with a slow or at least controlled rise as the car moves forward.
Ideally the car would also lift the nose and keep it lifted for a decent length of time.
Is this fundamentally correct for our cars?
Any pointers for setting the Viking Crusader rears? I’ve never played with a double adjustable before, next weekend will be my deflowering.
I’m just trying to find a way to improve on a 1.622 60’ Yes, it’s a tough gig with the MT82 but I think it’s quite possible.
Any advice appreciated,
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Pretty much. Lund and bmr recommended 6 compression, 9 rebound. But that’s for an auto car. Could possibly be a bit different for the violence of a stick car. Prob more compression?..

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much. Lund and bmr recommended 6 compression, 9 rebound. But that’s for an auto car. Could possibly be a bit different for the violence of a stick car. Prob more compression?..
Based on what I saw on the weekend, I’d say yes, more compression for sure.
Kelly Aiken said go 12/12,
I didn’t listen...
I went 7/10
Popped an axle CV on launch.
Slow mo vid below.
It certainly squatted harder than I’d expected it to. Obviously the broken CV allowed it to come straight back up.
Either way, I’ll be heading to Kelly’s ideas next time, seems he might know a thing or two :crazy:

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
What tires do you run? What rpm? It will affect what you set them at.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What tires do you run? What rpm? It will affect what you set them at.
MT ET 17x28 bias.
Had them at 15psi on that run, although I’ve been as low as 10psi on other tracks just to get it to hook a little.
5-6k launch, depending on track.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Haven't used those yet, probably going to try them Wednesday. With the 28x10 slicks @ 12psi I run them 10c 8r, 1.51 60' best. With the 275/45/18 m&h @ 20psi I run 8c 6r, 1.62 60' best so far (2 times at the track).
Sponsored