AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Summer blend ff must be in full effect. Last few fill ups pulling harder and afr reading lower. Even despite the hotter temps outside the last couple days not withstanding of course.

Can't wait it get the next round of parts on then switch to dr in the rear and really send it with less spin and less throttle modulation.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
On that quarterly tank of 91 to lube everything. Definitely miss ff but damn if a tank of 91 doesn't last forever!

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Is anyone else getting strangely impressive fuel mileage lately on our flex fuel? My last 3 tanks I've got minimum of 17.5 mpg. That's calculated at the pump not what the guage reads. Guage has been north of 18mpg everytime. Fuel has tested between 52.5% and 53%. I was getting 15-16.5 at best all winter, sometimes lower. Driving habits are unchanged. 80mph cruise on freeway and 0-60 as fast as I can at every stop light!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Is anyone else getting strangely impressive fuel mileage lately on our flex fuel? My last 3 tanks I've got minimum of 17.5 mpg. That's calculated at the pump not what the guage reads. Guage has been north of 18mpg everytime. Fuel has tested between 52.5% and 53%. I was getting 15-16.5 at best all winter, sometimes lower. Driving habits are unchanged. 80mph cruise on freeway and 0-60 as fast as I can at every stop light!
I think summer blend must have been released to the wild. Been seeing better mpg and better performance. Noticed it the last couple tanks before the obligatory tank of 91. On my first tank back on ff again so the results will not be relevant til the next fill up likely.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Almost through my first tank back on ff after the obligatory tank of 91 (blah). Went for a spirited drive between work. It's 108 out and with the ff and QA1 CF DS she's as crisp and responsive as she was in the 50s on the stock drive shaft. Can't wait for the heat to be over (I know itll be a while) to hit the track and push it in drag mode.

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Need to go pay Baer a visit too and check out some of their inventory in person. Thinking of replacing the Brembo rotors with the light weight Eradispeed ones, but concerned how the brightness of those will look behind black wheels lol.
They look pretty shiny in the beginning but not too much once you get a layer of brake pad material on them.

IMG_6239.JPG
IMG_6240.JPG

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
They look pretty shiny in the beginning but not too much once you get a layer of brake pad material on them.

IMG_6239.JPG
IMG_6240.JPG
Thanks for that! Definitely a much lighter color than the Brembo rotor.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Thanks for that! Definitely a much lighter color than the Brembo rotor.
Now that I think about it, it's the zinc plating that makes it shinier. You can get slotted only rotors without the zinc plating.

And the funny thing is that 15" EradiSpeer rotors are actually slightly lighter than the 14" versions for the 4-pot calipers (22.45 vs 24.1 lbs each). And since GTPP calipers are lighter than the 4-pots (13.8 vs 15.24 lbs each), folks with 4-pot calipers will save additional weight by swapping to GTPP calipers at the same time as the rotor upgrade.

They also have a military discount so just show them your ID if you're on active duty, reserves, or the national guard.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
You are correct, the zinc plating will wear off within a few hundred miles and will be the same finish as the OEM rotor. The zinc is really only good for keeping rust off the areas where the pad doesn't contact the rotor (between the aluminum hat and where the pad rubs the rotor). There's no doubt you are getting a quality rotor with Baer. I've known these guys for years and have used their products for longer than I care to admit. Their brake products are 2nd to none!
20190610_111302.jpg

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Has anybody tried the Valero at Scottsdale and Mckellips? I live right by there and am considering upgrading to a flex fuel tune. The most recent info I can find is from last year and they say it varies from E54 to E70.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Has anybody tried the Valero at Scottsdale and Mckellips? I live right by there and am considering upgrading to a flex fuel tune. The most recent info I can find is from last year and they say it varies from E54 to E70.
Didnt realize they had it. Would be between home and office so could swing by. But dont expect e70 e54 is about the best we can hope for consistently sometimes even less.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Didnt realize they had it. Would be between home and office so could swing by. But dont expect e70 e54 is about the best we can hope for consistently sometimes even less.
I'd be happy with just consistently E54 or above. The place looks pretty sketchy, so I'm definitely interested in what you find out. Thanks!

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I haven't tried that Valero but the only time I've seen ethanol content lower than 40% was a Valero out west. The couple cheveron stations and one shell station I use are all consistently just above 51%

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I started a new project for work right by the Valero on Scottsdale and mckellips. Tried it out this morning for the first time and it tested at 90% ethanol. I didn't believe my tester even though it's always been very accurate. It was accurate. I had to switch back to my flex tune from the e54r because from my estimate of how much e90 I added to my e54 I was probably sitting around 75%. With in 7 mins of learning my afr was down in the 10s. After I drive home from work I'll see how low it settles. Last week I also confirmed the Chevron on broadway and val vista has ethanol close to the 90% mark. These are the only 2 stations I've found with anything higher than our usual 54%ish.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I started a new project for work right by the Valero on Scottsdale and mckellips. Tried it out this morning for the first time and it tested at 90% ethanol. I didn't believe my tester even though it's always been very accurate. It was accurate. I had to switch back to my flex tune from the e54r because from my estimate of how much e90 I added to my e54 I was probably sitting around 75%. With in 7 mins of learning my afr was down in the 10s. After I drive home from work I'll see how low it settles. Last week I also confirmed the Chevron on broadway and val vista has ethanol close to the 90% mark. These are the only 2 stations I've found with anything higher than our usual 54%ish.
That is rock star level e for here. Thanks for the update and am curious to see your feedback.
Sponsored