Sponsored

Dont buy Shifteck - GT350 Resonator delete issues

Abschatten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 OW/Blue Stripes
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my X pipe / resonator delete kit and it took almost 2 weeks to get, I dont mind waiting but there was no warning of not being in stock. When it arrived it was too long in the back, the pipes were bent away from the factory pipes and the front was too small for the factory pipes. They never answer their phone or return phone calls.

Do not buy their products.

Now we will see how this will play out
Sponsored

OP
OP
Abschatten

Abschatten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just totaled out to $71 from the shop to put the stock stuff back on because it was manufactured incorrectly

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I had the complete opposite experience. Their x pipe is highly regarded and the best bang for the buck. Odd that you had that experience.

OP
OP
Abschatten

Abschatten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
See, I've heard mixed results. I really wanted to love this company, I was going to order the gopro mount even but I was surprised with how little communication there was with my initial order. After a few days of waiting for the shipment notification I reached out wondering what was going on. Then they got back to me with it was being made at the time.

Then it's all incorrect. I'm really disappointed, my brother tried getting me to stay away from them too.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
They are slow to respond but my God the x-pipe is absolutely great quality.

Please post a picture of the x pipe.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I had no issues at all with the delivery or when I installed my Shiftek pipe, I would highly recommend it for a GT350. I have since modified my exhaust so I can install the factory resonator or the X pipe in about 5 minutes with top grade components.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Nothing but great things to say from me. Ordered my H-Pipe and received the following week, tracking number was given out the following day after ordering. Everything fit great and can bolt on and off in under 30 min.

IMG_5015.JPG

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I love mine. Arrived fast, good quality and piece of cake to install.

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
I loved my X pipe as well. I found the Quality to be better than expected. It arrived in 3 days. My mechanic had zero issues installing it. Sounds fantastic.

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I ordered my X pipe / resonator delete kit and it took almost 2 weeks to get, I dont mind waiting but there was no warning of not being in stock. When it arrived it was too long in the back, the pipes were bent away from the factory pipes and the front was too small for the factory pipes. They never answer their phone or return phone calls.

Do not buy their products.

Now we will see how this will play out
Sadly, I had to wait a few weeks too. OP, your installer failed to follow instructions. Think about it for a second, no business manufacture these parts by onsie or twosie. They build these by the hundreds. How do I know the installer failed to read? From personal experience see below from my own shiftek thread experience:

So I took it off and at 0ft with an iPhone the highest DB was measured at 127 db. I know motortrend was roughly 10ft away when they got the pass at 114 db so may be close. Either way, it sounds pretty bad ass with the neck off and I'm not disappointed. LOL my installers didn't listen to me and ego'd me with the lines "we do this all the time, we don't need instructions..."

Well... they cut the shiftek pipe a bit too short. Then they were blaming the vendor. That's when I whipped out the instructions, once more, and said "it said you're supposed to do this. See the rattle went away but you decided to cut it more than it needed to be..."

Anyhow they fixed it using some of OEM SS pipe that was cut off. They didn't use the clamps and welded everything on the rear so that was good as I didn't want the clamps to loosen up. Just hope the welds hold up. They looked pretty good to me.

Long story short, the neck off sounds great. I actually don't need to lower the windows down anymore as the cabin sounds great with the exhaust on sport mode. Windows down is even a greater experience but definitely the best exhaust system ever and a reminder of why I bought the GT350.
I do not kid when I said, the installers didn't read the instructions and they said the exact same thing, "it's too long." I showed him here it says on step # (whatever it was) you have to move the pipes from the front all way in because they made it just thin enough for it to do that. They did, then they miscalculated their cut. LOL. Anyhow, OP. Long story short they had to reweld from the OEM into the shiftek and it eventually was fine. I guarantee you the installer did not read the instructions or failed to comprehend what to do. The reason the end was bent was to give you options. Please read some more below:

Stock CFM of Airflow through the 28" section of Exhaust that contains the x-pipe - measured @ 15" WC (~0.55psi):
Stock - 729cfm - Due to factory X meeting at a 90 degree angle and having significant restriction at the X
Shiftek w/neck down - 747cfm - Smoother transition at the X meeting and less pipe restriction
Shiftek without neck down - 882 cfm - Maximum pipe area for airflow and louder sound
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-off-your-shiftek-x-pipe.120344/#post-2519889

Last edited:
OP
OP
Abschatten

Abschatten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The installers were bottoming the pipes out in the front, they were all the way in and there was still too much room.

Shifteck responded this morning at 8, but nothing since. No phone call...I'm hoping to hear back soon.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The installers were bottoming the pipes out in the front, they were all the way in and there was still too much room.

Shifteck responded this morning at 8, but nothing since. No phone call...I'm hoping to hear back soon.
I still think they were doing it wrong. If anything they were probably still afraid to damage or bend the metal. Here's a question, when he had it "all the way in" did it still rattle or seem loose? He had to force it just a bit further and it would have became a tight fit. At the end of the day, your passed this stage and you got the straight pipes you wanted with aluminium material OTD for cheap. Just enjoy it and if you decide to redo it later on you can. I'd wait for it to crack at this stage unless you got some more time to spend on this.

OP
OP
Abschatten

Abschatten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We'll see, im dropping it off tomorrow. They welded back in the OEM resonator. We'll see what the fuck happens tomorrow. The communication from Shifteck has been really shit since all of this started, and I even asked for a phone call but all I got was two sentence response "as per the instructions" about removing the neck down portion to make it work. My question is, why should I 'have' to remove the neck down portion for this to work properly? It was sold as an optional change.
Sponsored