Sponsored

How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm 52, almost 53 and I don't consider myself a senior yet. I feel about 30, good back and knees. I hear it's all down hill from here.
Sponsored

2018MUSTANGGT10R80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am 66 and I have a 2018 Mustang GT 10R80. It had been 20 years in between my 1995 Mustang GTS and my current 2018. This Mustang is my 15th one. My first car was a 1965 Mustang 289 4 speed when I was 16. Yes I did pay cash for my 2018.
MVC-031F (002).JPG

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
I am 58 and change..... this 18 was 31 years to my last >new< Mustang, a 87 GT. my first was a 1980, >Cobra< turbo! LOL, then the 87, which i had some bad luck with..... then a 86 Comp. Prep. SVO the SVO was bought used in 91. had it till 94, no mustang in my life since 94....

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I'm 67, this is my 2nd Mustang since I hit my 60s. Bought this car specifically to be a track toy and that's pretty much all it does. Much modified now and works really well for the reason I bought it, not so great a boulevard cruiser anymore though, but that's of little consequence. Takes me back to my racing years, makes me feel good that I can still get around the track with the advanced guys and still pass most of them. Most of the guys I see doing track days are probably seniors or if not they're damn close to it.

Sponsored

Humpie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT/PP "EgoBoost"
56 here and on my 3rd Mustang. All 3 GT manuals. Not sure how much time I have left, but I have a good idea how I'm gonna use it!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I turn 50 this year and have been looking for a "sportscar" that I can own for a long time as a keeper. A machine I can learn and become familiar with. (bend to my will.)

Rear wheel drive, limited slip differential, independent rear suspension.... where essentially my starting criteria and coming from a BMW the M2 was a natural choice (nannies), or GT350, Vette, etc. and eventually had chose the GT350 after driving a pre-production one. Greased a dealer's palm and was waiting for order banks... When old age struck and I ended up breaking my back (in two places) and unable to drive (tuned BMW). I ended up selling that car because it was a manual and I couldn't drive it anymore. I also turned down a GT350 allotment during all of that because I wasn't even back to work yet.

That was 3.5 years ago and I have been going insane not having a "sportscar" and 6-speed manual to drive. Driving was my therapy and I've been stuck driving my daily Edge Sport (roush tuned)… & have been going insane ever since.

So now I have one of the most dreaded decisions a Man can make in his life: is it time for an automatic sportscar...?

Not to mention the mental crisis & secondary concern that comes with: OMFG!! Am I really talking about an automatic... Me? (I feel like slitting my wrists... I love clutches)

Fountain of youth..? anyone?

Mscratch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I'm 54 ant just bought a 2017 GT Premium 6sp, also oredered the magnaflow compeitition street exhaust. Not quite senior but retirement is on the horizon

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I turn 50 this year and have been looking for a "sportscar" that I can own for a long time as a keeper. A machine I can learn and become familiar with. (bend to my will.)

Rear wheel drive, limited slip differential, independent rear suspension.... where essentially my starting criteria and coming from a BMW the M2 was a natural choice (nannies), or GT350, Vette, etc. and eventually had chose the GT350 after driving a pre-production one. Greased a dealer's palm and was waiting for order banks... When old age struck and I ended up breaking my back (in two places) and unable to drive (tuned BMW). I ended up selling that car because it was a manual and I couldn't drive it anymore. I also turned down a GT350 allotment during all of that because I wasn't even back to work yet.

That was 3.5 years ago and I have been going insane not having a "sportscar" and 6-speed manual to drive. Driving was my therapy and I've been stuck driving my daily Edge Sport (roush tuned)… & have been going insane ever since.

So now I have one of the most dreaded decisions a Man can make in his life: is it time for an automatic sportscar...?

Not to mention the mental crisis & secondary concern that comes with: OMFG!! Am I really talking about an automatic... Me? (I feel like slitting my wrists... I love clutches)

I'll rig up some hand controls before I sell out for an auto, but that's just me. On a separate note, test drove the new Edge ST to get my $50 auto show debit card. Not bad for a four door automatic SUV.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
This is my second Mustang since I became Experienced (old). I had a 2012 GT when i turned 60, my 3rd Mustang. Now at 66 I have my current 2015 Mustang GT, my 4th. After riding motorcycles for 35 years, I wanted to be a bit more comfortable while still enjoying the ride. I think that I will always be that 18 year old, inside, and continue to enjoy whatever i decide to drive at whatever age I am.

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm 51 and have loved Mustangs since my mom's 1974 4-speed... and if I had a nickel for everybody at work that says "mid life crisis, eh?" I could retire early!
Same here. When people at work found out I ordered a mustang convertible, they lost their minds. MID LIFE CRISIS MUCH?! Was all I heard.

And you know what? I owned it.

I said "Yes, my Mom died last year, my 2 best friends each lost a parent last year, and one of my friends is dying of stage 4 brain cancer. So I am going through an existential crisis and facing my mortality in the worst way. I have decided to enjoy the f@#K out of life as much as I can, while I still can. So enjoy your Camry this summer. I'll be cruising in my GT with the top down".

EDIT - I'm "only" 50. Ah 50 - the old age of youth and the youth of old age. :)

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase

No Worries. Go with the automatic! It's a half second faster in the quarter mile anyway !

sicpuppy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'm 67 in since 2015 I've had a 2015 SS, 2016 SS, 2017 Hellcat (still have that) 2017 Mustang GT and 2018 Mustang GT (still have that) Throw in a 2014 Fiesta ST and a 2017 Fiat Abarth. Granted those two are not the same as the SSs and GTs or the Hellcat but they were fun.
Old is in the mine. I'm old and can afford what I want now. So I drive what I want.
Sponsored