Sponsored

HELP: Which circuit to tap into?

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT #savethemanuals, 2012 Audi Q5
I'm not new to electronic circuits but this is the first time I have tried to implement a circuit in a car. I am looking to add an accessory (requires 5 Amps) to my 2019 GT and I want it to act just like my dome lights: with a switch and can work at any time, whether the car is just sitting (no accessory power) or when the car is running. I have a SPST switch and a fused add-a-circuit but I'm not exactly sure which fuse to tap into. Any help?
Sponsored

Snider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS (race red)
What exactly are you wiring up here? When you say you want it to work like your dome light, my thought process goes straight to additional lights that fade in and out just the same as the dome.

OP
OP

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT #savethemanuals, 2012 Audi Q5
What exactly are you wiring up here? When you say you want it to work like your dome light, my thought process goes straight to additional lights that fade in and out just the same as the dome.
I'm adding some exterior lighting that I want to behave just like a dome light.

Snider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS (race red)
Here ya go, this is what would make it function exactly the way the dome light does. Just ground it like normal. And attach the positive connection of your lights to this wire

If you want it to work on a switch as well. You will have to use a relay along with this. I could draw up something for you.
C94BDD99-5E03-4D55-9152-95544677F7F2.jpeg
Sponsored