OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Haha yeah trip was absolutely worth it. On my way home yesterday the clamp for the resonator delete got loose, so the right hand side axle back was dragging in the pavement ... some 65KM from home in the middle of night ...

Haha I can at least say I have a time slip now :)

12.5 is very good for an unprepared track. So the trip was worth it. Now you can brag about what a bad ass drag racer you are.:like:
Sponsored

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
Actually, I had some discussions on this very topic w/the BFG engineers & they recommend running the factory spec tire pressures on the back side. And go to 40 psi on the fronts for less rolling resistance. They had done quite a bit of R&D on this by incrementally going +/- from the base pressure figure. The downside to a pressure increase is obvious, but they did not achieve any advantage in acceleration or ET that could be attributed directly to a pressure decrease. Tires that are drag specific are designed to work at lower pressures, but not production based automotive tires.
I’m a big fan of performing your own tests vs. taking the word from someone who is in business to ultimately have you buy the same tires again.