How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

ShadowCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Mustang GT/CS
Wayne, you have me beat by 3 years but I enjoy my GT for all the same reasons. Just no active exhaust "yet"
Sponsored

kev1949

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
Needed a go fast comfy ride after selling my C6 vette last summer.Still have an 18 year old brain in a 70 year old body.
mustange @ copper creek.JPG

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like quite a few old guys are buying this car :sunglasses:
Driving it reminds me of the Harley but, with heated and cooled seats and more horsepower.
There is a nostalgic connection with this car to our youth and our roots when American muscle cars were king.
Oh wait ~ looks like they still are :like:
3.3.jpg

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Another one here. GT is a great high perf lux coupe when in Premium trim. Very European which is exactly how I like it.

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Another one here. GT is a great high perf lux coupe when in Premium trim. Very European which is exactly how I like it.
73 years old here,2011 Mustang GT,have owned many Mustangs in my past,ALL V8, but this will be my LAST Mustang ( garage queen) because I am not a fan of the S550 Mustang,I think Ford really messed up with the Euro Box design,the 4 Banger Eco Boost, and many other things that I dislike along with the poor Q/C, and Coyote engine problems.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm only 70 but expect to still have my 2016 (or a newer one) when I turn senior.

Last edited:

Kennyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Turbo S
67 here. Last car was a 911 Turbo S that I was almost afraid to drive anywhere where a door ding might happen. I then got the 10 GT premium and like driving it more than the Turbo S. American muscle sounds soooo good.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Count me in, you're never too old to have a happy childhood! :)

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I'll bet most of us do actually own them as well.
It does make it a little sweeter - "I got the pink slip, daddy. " Lol Brian Wilson

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Only 53, but I have bad knees, so I'm thinking this might be my last vehicle of this kind, and I better get it while I still can get in and out of it. My folks earlier this year traded in their Fusion for an SUV because getting in and out of it was getting too hard for them.

I had been thinking maybe this car had moved up in the average age demographic. With the better refinement, all the luxury doodads, and the resulting semi-stratospheric price tag. In a way it's kinda too bad that the days of the Mustang being a bargain muscle car are gone. My 2001 was crude, but it had a V-8 and a stick, and was affordable. That was also a nice formula, don't spend a lot on engineering, or tech, or sound deadening, sell 'em cheap and make it up in volume!

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
There's been at least one muscle car in my garage since I was 20....Ford, GM, Mopar....I've had 'em all. Rewarded myself when I turned 65 with a GT500. Another reward at 75 with a 2018 Royal Crimson GT Premium. Yeah, you get strange looks, especially from the 20 somethings driving their leased Ecoboosts and base Camaros, but who cares. I also don't get a lot of comment from people my age, basically because they don't know anything about what I'm driving and most know they couldn't even get in or out of it. I'm in better shape than a couple of my kids, don't need hearing aids, sleep all night without getting up to pee and don't pay much attention to birthdays. Oh, I know one other guy who is way older than I am who still drives a Mustang. It's a P51D. Go Chuck!
Sponsored